x-man 16-Apr-14
texbow2 16-Apr-14
12yards 17-Apr-14
hunt'n addict 17-Apr-14
geneinidaho 17-Apr-14
odoylerules 18-Apr-14
BigOzzie 18-Apr-14
16-Apr-14
So my I will purchasing a new bow for my son this summer, he is right handed in everything that he does currently. However when shooting his bow now it appears he is left eye dominate. Do I go try to get him in a right handed or left handed bow?

16-Apr-14
Make sure what his dominant eye is first of all. Be positive! Then get a bow for that eye dominance. There is no such thing as right handed or left handed in archery other than the terminology used to separate the two. The archery world should have called bows right eye or left eye from the start. It isn't any harder to shoot left handed bows than it is right handed bows for a right handed person as far as muscle coordination goes.

16-Apr-14
Get the bow to correspond with the dominant eye. I'm right handed but LED. You'll never reach your potential with a bow or shotgun shooting with your strong eye closed

17-Apr-14
Two of my three boys are right handed but left eye dominant. I bought them lefties. I bought them lefty shotguns too.

17-Apr-14
As others have stated, buy a left handed bow for him.

17-Apr-14
If he is right handed get him a right handed bow.

18-Apr-14
Definitely go with the eye dominance. Not the hand dominance.

18-Apr-14
When using sites of any kind go with eye dominance. My entire family is right hand/ left eye, and do everything right handed. You need to be able to close either eye for starters.

Archery all have gone recurve and keep both eyes open so it makes less difference. But we do give up some accuracy that will likely only be recouped by an insane amount of shooting. (which we do =) )

Rifle with practice will get better but the learning curve is steep because what 2 eyes see is not in the scope when you close the dominant eye. I don't remember learning myself but the first couple of years it took forever for the kids to get game in the scope.

Shotgun? no idea would assume it is similar to the recurve is you keep both eyes open it will make less difference. But I have never shot very much and don't do very well when I do. Kids have only shot grouse so not a very good basis to judge on.

oz

• Sitka Gear