drycreek 16-Apr-14
LINK 16-Apr-14
BigAl 16-Apr-14
R. Hale 16-Apr-14
Rock 17-Apr-14
loprofile 17-Apr-14
16-Apr-14
Read this on an Alabama hunting website today:

"First, we are not a turkey club and never have been but we seem to have a lot of birds. We are s serious trophy club for white tail deers. Our president been sayin to destroy hen nests if found cause they attract yotes and bobcats that spook the bucks. Whats the best way to find a nest and can dogs be trained to hunt up a nest?"

Is it me or does this sound like TBM's deer hunting cousin.

16-Apr-14
Can this person be a anti trying to make hunters look bad.. I've never met a hunter that would even think of going that.

Ed

16-Apr-14
We do the same on our lease....we also cut all the oaks and pecans down so there is more room for cedar

16-Apr-14
Y'all are overlooking the " next level " stuff. Make decoy turkey nests to attract yotes and bobcats ! Primos will be all over this !

16-Apr-14
I've got a novel idea. Maybe they could sub-lease the turkey hunting. Lol. They sound like the government trying to solve the problem. At least they surely know better than to release wolves. :)

16-Apr-14
Ignorance can be fixed, stupid is forever.

16-Apr-14
I would not consider that action. I have seen turkeys on my farms so numerous that hundreds of acres of plots were devastated and moving around without detection was nearly impossible. I know some years I have wintered over 1200 birds. That is too many. I am far below that now. Thank goodness.

17-Apr-14
Is that even legal to do???

17-Apr-14
One of the replies was "stock racoons to eat the turkey eggs"

• Sitka Gear