Sage Buffalo 17-Apr-14
Teeton 17-Apr-14
Teeton 17-Apr-14
BEA 18-Apr-14
SteveB 18-Apr-14
Bear Track 19-Apr-14
17-Apr-14

Bear Track's Link
This late spring, which seems to have threatened to show up today, has made us nervous here and we've been forced to make the decision to ask our guests booked for the week of May 5-9 to pick another date to come and hunt. Normally this is a great date but as with everywhere else, spring is slow arriving and so will the bears be slow making their rounds. The weatherman seems to have tried to make a dent in our reputation this year! Not gonna happen.

Being honest with our guests was received far better than I thought it would and I really didn't have to hard sell it at all. We sure have a bunch of understanding hunters in our midst that know, there's one thing you can't control and that's the weather.

Thank you from Jeannine and I.

17-Apr-14
Smart move. On both your part and the hunters taking it well. They are much better off.

17-Apr-14
Class act Ron! Good call on both parties.

17-Apr-14
Weather the true equaliser!Im sure that week will be an issue in many places in Canada this spring.Strangly here in the southern part of NB after record snow now we are dealing with record floods,still a late eastern spring too.

17-Apr-14
I think the hardest thing to do in business is be honest with yourself and with customers.

In the end if you know the right decision to make and ignore it you usually lose.

Even if your clients did get mad in the long run they will be less upset than going up and not having the full experience and potentially leaving disappointed.

I hope spring arrives soon - we had snow a few days ago in Boston. So tired of this weather.

17-Apr-14
Ron I sawv bear coming out here in pa 2 or 3 weeks ago. I think the bears will come/came out at the same dates as always. I'm taking u won't be able to get the baits started with snow,washouts..

I'm add that when the bears we're coming out we still had alot of snow.

Ed

17-Apr-14
I'm thinking with the late winter the bears will be hitting the sites hard.

18-Apr-14
honesty is always the best policy....good on you!

18-Apr-14
Good call. They sure will be hungry when they show up!

19-Apr-14
Thanks. I try to keep it a smaller camp the first week and only had 3 guests to convince. They totally understood and we fit them in later dates without crowding the camp dinner table. Jeannine's rules.

I made hay with my extra week before the hunt and ran down to Minniapolis to pick up 6,200 lbs. of secret bait I was waiting on to be delivered. Then while there this minty American made Stratocaster needed a new home also... 20 hours behind the wheel and only 4 Red Bulls.

• Sitka Gear