x-man 19-Apr-14
TD 19-Apr-14
Rick M 20-Apr-14
Hunting555 21-Apr-14
Beendare 21-Apr-14
17-Apr-14

Beendare's embedded Photo
Beendare's embedded Photo
Its not often a guy gets a sneak peak on a truly revolutionary product- well I got lucky. Just for the record, not selling anything here- its not for sale and you won't be able to find one anywhere either.

I just thought some of you guy might like to see it.

So my buddy sends this over- about #7 of the final prototype. After about 4 rounds of shooting it decreased my group size by about 1/3rd- just scary accurate. It has some sort of patented electronic trigger and mechanism. Its programmable so a guy can do all sorts of training routines with it- I'm not there yet.

We are a bunch of hunters but the target guys are going to be drooling over these.....

17-Apr-14
Why is it so long? Does it strap around your forearm?

17-Apr-14
Its a bit longer than my Scott but I think it looks longer due to my inept photo skills- it fits perfect/solid in my hand.

18-Apr-14
A little more shooting with this release this AM [my elbow is jacked so i have to take it easy]

There is no doubt in my mind this new class of releases will make a splash and be worth watching for. For sure this will make a good shooter a better shot. The question in my mind is whether it will make a difference to guy thats a world class shooter already?

19-Apr-14
send me one

19-Apr-14
whatcha building?

19-Apr-14
Siegfried(sp?) made a hydraulic version some years ago. Once you pressed the trigger, a small hydraulic cylinder extended, setting off the sear. It was a surprise at first, but one could get used to the delay time and still "panic".

19-Apr-14
ooooohhh.... shiny....

I love new toys..... like playin' with them at work even better..... =D

Hey! Here's an idea! Lets go post it over on the Leatherwall and count the 911 calls for heart attacks.... maybe set a record for how long it takes for the first death threat.... hehehehe... ok, LW guys...just kidding, fun and all... you know, fun?

All honesty it looks really interesting and just the consept of a contact swith over a mechanical sear opens up lots of possibilities WRT pull and travel, etc.

My luck, full draw on a 380 bull and my battery dies.... =D

20-Apr-14
Bruce, I saw guys shooting random time releases 15-20 years ago. They would go off anywhere from 2-10 seconds or so.

We used them for indoor league and worked well for helping with target panic.

21-Apr-14
TD, LW posting, LOL!!!!!

That's funny right there!!!

I can hear it now as they grab their chest... "I'm comin to you Elizabeth!!"

21-Apr-14
Rick, Yeah, it seems the beauty to this is its versatility. It can be programmed with a delay. So far, all of my puncher buddies do not like the delay. The delay will definitely help a guy to learn how to shoot better.

I've got light trigger Carters and Scotts but this is different. The electronic switch operates a plunger [5 milliseconds] and its so fast that it seems to be make a puncher a lightly better shot as the bad shots just arent AS bad. I've never seen anything like it except on a precision .22 or paintball gun.

My buddy says going to production soon

• Sitka Gear