welka 04-May-14
At 04-May-14
Yellowjacket 05-May-14
Rayzor 07-May-14
DP 09-May-14
lewis 09-May-14
trkytrack 09-May-14
20-Apr-14
My feet have been cramping up on me over the winter mostly at night. Anyone have this problem? I was told I need to take potassium. So I only been on it for two weeks.

20-Apr-14
Apple cider vinegar. Big swig straight, and chase with ice water. Nasty taste, but knocks the cramps !

20-Apr-14
My right foot has been hurting in the arch for several weeks now. Don't know why but I'm guessing it's my age....51 In 3 weeks I leave for a 21 day backpacking trip. Hope it gets better.

21-Apr-14
Drink pickle juice it stops cramps fast, its a combo of the vinegar and salt. Also keep hydrated. Tonic water can help also.

21-Apr-14
Something you may like more. My wife used it when she was pregnant and I know it works. Get a bunch of those little packs of yellow mustard and keep them in your bedside table. When you get a cramp, open one and squirt the whole thing in your mouth and swallow it. Cramp will be GONE.

21-Apr-14
I've developed night time cramps in my calves and feet in the last year. Potassium does help. Try magnesium too. I haven't tried it but read an article that light exercise on a stationary bike and benadryl before bedtime are helpful.

glass eye,is the pain in the bottom of your foot? If so you have probably torn the fascia. Stretching, advil and ice packs can save you a very painful experience down the road. If it continues see a podiatrist. It can be crippling.

22-Apr-14
I use magnesium, recommended by my doctor. I also take electrolyte capsules to help out. I have had problems with cramping ever since I had my first heat stroke.

22-Apr-14
Drink Gatorade.

22-Apr-14
Your main problem is a sodium shortage. Potassium is a lesser factor,

'Salt up!'

04-May-14
Have had the same problem on feet and legs cramping up. Potassium will cure it quickly. I keep a bottle by the nightstand for when I forget to take it after a workout, hunt, or long day of work at the ranch. You probably have already figured this out, but once you feel the cramp in your foot or leg starting, do NOT let it go to full cramp and either get your foot on the floor with pressure or get up and stretch your calve before it locks up. You will save yourself three days of agony if you stop it before it locks in. Good luck.

04-May-14
I had severe leg cramping all my life but five years ago I was mountain biking near Moab, UT and I stopped in a bike shop and asked if they could suggest something for leg cramps (they had a large selection of supplements in the store). Three employees all said the same thing at about the same time - Sportlegs.

I bought a bottle and didn't cramp that night after an arduous day of biking in hot weather. Now I take three tablets every time I ride, hike or exercise. This may sound goofy, but that supplement has changed my life. Since I found Sportslegs I can honestly place my hand on a bible and tell you that I have had less than five severe leg cramps since I started taking it. You can find Sportslegs on Amazon.

05-May-14
Salt (sodium), potassium and magnesium are correct, but it's the balance or imbalance between them that I understand causes cramps. You'll have to find what works for you. For instance I don't eat much processed foods at all so find I need to add salt. If you eat a lot of processed food heavy in sodium you may need more potassium or magnesium. I've heard magnesium malate is the form most helpful for cramps.

07-May-14
Magnesium. Makes you sleep good too.

09-May-14
Thanks for all the replies, I have been taking potassium for 3 weeks now the cramping at night has eased up but still have pain most of the day. the supplement that I take has magnesium oxide. so I might try the malate.

09-May-14
Drink some tonic water and coconut water works for us

09-May-14
Ditto Gatoraid.

• Sitka Gear