YZF-88 21-Apr-14
Mt. man 21-Apr-14
Mt. man 21-Apr-14
YZF-88 21-Apr-14
Gutpile 22-Apr-14
BB 22-Apr-14
BB 22-Apr-14
20-Apr-14
Please pass this on... Kids 17 and under can hunt in Idaho for resident prices. Also a new law this year permits kids who have passed their Hunter Saftey Program can now hunt big game at the age of 10 years old.

We are losing our youth to PlayStation & Xbox. Let's get them in the woods.

21-Apr-14
Does the child need to be with an adult with a tag also? Or can a non-res youth just alone?

Good deal for the kids, Idaho is doing it right IMO

21-Apr-14
There has to be an adult with the child. I did not see anything that said an adult had to have a license or tag.

21-Apr-14
I looked it up, the youth has to be with a licensed adult. Still a good buy. I think it has been this way for quite a few years now.

They also lowered the age to hunt to 10.

21-Apr-14
Its a great deal and I have been taking advantage of it for years. The adult MUST have the same tag as the youth hunter. HUNT

21-Apr-14

Mt. man's embedded Photo
Mt. man's embedded Photo
^^^HUNT MAN^^^ is correct. It is a great deal. Here is some fruits of our labor a week ago. 2 brothers and a double. Bird #1 was 9 3/4 beard and 1" spur. Bird #2 was 10" and 1 1/4" spur. A great morning and great memories for 2 brothers to enjoy forever.

P.S. We have put a Shotgun, Bow, Muzzleloader and .22 rifle into the hands of over 3,000 kids over the past 12 years at our camp. Yes they are introduced to real guns, real bullets and THE ULTIMATE HIGH!

"Shooting for the Future" www.scootersyouthhuntingcamp.com

21-Apr-14
"The adult MUST have the same tag as the youth hunter"

What if the youth draws a youth only controlled tag?

21-Apr-14
YZF-88, I believe it just says they have to be "LICENSED". I will look it up again and verify.

21-Apr-14
I think it is kind of grey, but clearly in the YOUTH section it just says "Licensed Adult" must be with them. Then in the tag section it says "Tags". I'd call on the Controlled hunt part. Here is what it said.

"5 Effective July 1, 2014 – the minimum age to hunt big game will be lowered from 12 to 10. A 9-year old may buy a license to apply for a controlled hunt tag, but he or she must be 10 years old at the time of the hunt. All youth younger than twelve must be accompanied in the field by an adult license holder close enough to be within normal conversation or hearing range without shouting or the aid of electronic devices.

6 Anyone hunting with this license must be accompanied in the field by an adult license holder close enough to be within normal conversation or hearing range without shouting or the aid of electronic devices.

21-Apr-14
Well this turned out to be an expensive thread. I've been dragging my feet for months on getting my daughter a real bow (couldn't decide if she should shoot LH or RH).

22-Apr-14
I spoke with my buddy who is our local Game Warden yesterday and he said yes the child has to be mentored with a licensed adult. Also he said that an adult should try to keep within a hundred yards or so of the kid or kids they are mentoring.

22-Apr-14

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Last year my good friend. Jeff, (DCconcrete) took his 13 year old son to Idaho and his boy took his first big game animals with a bow there. He got a nice bear.

22-Apr-14

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Then he worked all summer figuring out some elk, and on opening day Kolton, now 14 took his first elk.

Kolton is a great kid. He catches on stuff fast and he is an excellent worker. He can do more work at 13-14 than can many adult men. I have a great respect for Kolton! He's a great kid and going to be a super bowhunter.

Take a kid bowhunting! BB

• Sitka Gear