SDHNTR(home) 04-May-14
joehunter8301 04-May-14
Hollywood 05-May-14
bighouse@work 05-May-14
Db1 05-May-14
NvaGvUp 05-May-14
21-Apr-14

bighouse@work's Link
California Chapter Wild Sheep Foundation will be hosting their 2014 Annual Fundraising Banquet on May 3rd in Rancho Cordova, CA. See attached link for registration info along with special drawings and live auction items. If you live in CA and don't have plans on May 3rd come join us for a night of raising money to help put and keep sheep on the mountains of CA.

21-Apr-14
Lord knows we need it, we lost tags...

21-Apr-14
Lots of tags... Ed F

21-Apr-14
The lost tags are not the result of fewer sheep, except in the Old Dads, which were hit hard by the disease outbreak last year.

The other tag allocations are down solely because there hasn't been a helicopter survey since 2009. A tragic crash during a Mule Deer survey in January, 2010, took the lives of three agency personnel, in addition to the pilot. All helicopter surveys were stopped as a result.

Thus, DFW is being very cautious with their allocations, so as not to draw challenges from the antis.

But thankfully, the legal work is now done and survey contracts are in place for the fall of 2014. Those surveys are likely to validate far more sheep, which will allow for a significant increase in tags.

CA has a lot of sheep and has GREAT sheep. Don't let the 2014 tag allocations let you think otherwise!

Kyle

22-Apr-14
Is that Ultima hunt for sheep or goat or?

Kudos to Bryan Martin of Canadian mtn Outfitters for donating that great sheep hunt.

Do any of you sheep guys know why the bighorns in Ca have problems with disease when sheep and goats in Asia and many other places have Game populations and livestock in close proximity and they don't have the same problems?

22-Apr-14
George or Adam, please call me when my name is drawn for the Dall hunt.

22-Apr-14
It states you have to have your raffle tix sent in by April 14 ---------- so no need to buy raffle tix?

Good luck, Robb

22-Apr-14

Hollywood's Link
The hunt with Ultima Thule is for dall sheep, 10 days, opening week 2015. I'll be guiding that one personally.

The April 14 deadline only applies to raffle tickets purchased with the downloadable form and sent via snail mail/fax.

You can still purchase raffle tickets online, I'll check on the cutoff date.

22-Apr-14
You can still buy raffle tickets for the dall sheep hunt and you can still register for the event. The early bird registration and raffle have passed.

22-Apr-14
Can you buy raffle tickets at the event?

22-Apr-14
yes you can

22-Apr-14
Ohhhh, I'll call you Nate!

22-Apr-14
You can purchase drawing tickets for the hunts online for about 9 more days. Then the webpage will come down on or about May 1, and then you(or someone on your behalf) will have to buy tickets the night of the dinner.

22-Apr-14
You can also attend my "Getting and Staying in Sheep Shape" seminar, Live and In Person starting at 3:30! ;^)

FYI, Pat and Moose and I will be recording the seminar this coming Friday. Then it will be a Bowsite feature!

22-Apr-14
Kyle, I'll probably be there by 330. Do you need to register or is there a fee for the class? I'm not seeing anything on the website.

22-Apr-14
Ike,

Great that you're coming. I look forward to seeing you.

No registration and no fee needed to attend the seminar.

I do accept complimentary cocktails afterwards, however! LOL

22-Apr-14
Beendare,

RE: "Do any of you sheep guys know why the bighorns in Ca have problems with disease when sheep and goats in Asia and many other places have Game populations and livestock in close proximity and they don't have the same problems?"

-- Old World (Asia) wild sheep have resistances that New World (North America) wild sheep do not. As such, our North American wild sheep are at risk any time they are exposed to domestics - which carry old world disease agents the wild sheep here simply can't deal with but the domestics tolerate and serve as carriers of.

22-Apr-14
Thanks for the raffle update/options info fella's.

Hey Brenton--good to see ya again!

Good luck, Robb

22-Apr-14
I'll be there. See you boys then!!

22-Apr-14
Double post

22-Apr-14
joe & ike look forward to meeting you

22-Apr-14
Yeah, it'll be like a mini bowsite get together, I think there will be 7-8 bowsite guys there.

22-Apr-14
I'll be there. Look forward to meeting some of you

22-Apr-14
Look for the deaf guy! That'll be me

22-Apr-14
George, I always look forward to catching up with you.

Don, I think it is Shawn's turn to buy beer...

Joe, I don't want to hear about turkey hunting while at the sheep dinner! :)

See you there gentleman.

23-Apr-14
Ill be there winning Nate's raffle hunt! :-)

23-Apr-14
Zack, have you seen his stone sheep? ...it's always his turn to buy the beer. Although, he's got a new carp boat, ...maybe we should be buying.

I think we're up to 11 bowsiters now.

23-Apr-14
Would love to be there but will be up in Redding at the Trail Shoot...tough timing!

George, please text me when I win Chris' hunt. ;)

23-Apr-14
Hey Don can we do that dall hunt with a bow?

23-Apr-14
Will do Dave, good luck at the shoot...

23-Apr-14
Tom if you win it, it's your hunt. If you want to bowhunt, we'll give it 100%. I've got two bowhunters booked for this year. We'll see how they do.

As far as I see it, a bowhunter's opportunity at success is directly proportional to their physical and mental fortitude and competence as an archer.

Both Tom Hoffman and Jack Frost have taken rams with a bow in our area.

23-Apr-14
OK Don I am in. Now all I got to do is win it. I hope that is the toughest part! :-)

04-May-14
Good time at the banquet last night! You guys who missed it missed a very enjoyable evening.

I got lucky in the raffles. I put all of my tickets into just two of the 'buckets' and won both items!

I also got the chance to meet "IdyllwildArcher" at my Sheep Shape seminar. It's always a pleasure to meet a fellow Bowsiter.

04-May-14
Great evening! Really enjoyable seeing the work done to put and keep sheep on the mt's of California. Kyle, thanks again for all your hard work! For a guy who lives in Nevada...he has dedicated his life to California sheep and we are grateful for your hard work. Sorry I didn't meet some of you other guys- hope to the next round

04-May-14
Derek,

That's very kind of you. Thank you.

It was my great pleasure to meet you. Sorry we didn't have more quality time together.

A HUGE congratulations to you on the award you were given. Your support of conservation in general and for wild mountain sheep in particular is truly inspirational!

Thanks also for giving me the thumb drive with the video of your Carmen Island hunt. When you shot that ram and then he ran flat into you, knocking you down and busting your sights, I dang near peed my pants laughing! That has got to be the coolest thing I've ever seen happen on a hunting video!

04-May-14
It was deff a great dinner for a great cause. Nice meeting kyle and several other bowsiters.. Even may have seen that guy called matt. I as well got big time lucky in the raffle! Deff a yearly dinner ill make.

04-May-14
Who won the dall hunt?

04-May-14

joehunter8301's embedded Photo
joehunter8301's embedded Photo
We managed to get a pic after the raffle, from left to right Paul,Zack, myself, and Chris. Good times

05-May-14
Joanen Banzhaf of Big Lake, Alaska was the winner of the Dall Sheep hunt. She bought the tickets for her husband, Dick, for his birthday.

Now that's a Hell of a birthday present.

Awesome event, preliminary estimates are 45K-50K raised during our dinner.

Spoke with one of my best friends from Oregon Wild Sheep Chapter and they did about 30K at their event, so that's nearly 80K for West Coast wild sheep in one day.

Special thanks to Bowsite's own "Bighouse". Adam put a tremendous amount of time and effort into the event and its success is due largely in part to his hard work.

...and special thanks to Bowsite regular "Nvagvup" for putting on his "Sheep-shape Seminar" at our event. we havn't had many speakers/seminars in the past and that was an excellent addition to our event.

Thanks everyone for supporting Wild Sheep.

05-May-14

bighouse@work's Link
Here is the link for the raffle winners.

Great night and thank you to all of you that made it to the dinner. I wish I had more time to talk with each of you but it was kind of a busy night for me.

I hope all of you that attended enjoyed the event.

Chris happy birthday and enjoy your winnings.

A special thanks to Donald C Martin aka Hollywood. Don is the one who put the Dall Sheep raffle together with Ultima Thule and will be donating his guide time. Also Don put together the Tule Elk hunt for the live auction which sold for a whopping $20,000. Between these two items Don has helped raise a lot of money the CA sheep.

05-May-14
Don! Thanks for all your support!! sorry I didn't get to meet you. Didn't know Adam was bighouse.. Great meeting you briefly and thanks for your hard work. It was a surprise and humbling receiving that award but it's the guys that volunteer and put all their time towards the sheep that should get the credit. Kyle I may put that video up so everyone can get a good laugh. Thanks again to all that support the sheep and CA hunting.

05-May-14
Derek,

Please do. It's an absolute hoot!

• Sitka Gear