bowtech_mi 24-Apr-14
HDE 24-Apr-14
Tilzbow 24-Apr-14
Wood 25-Apr-14
x-man 26-Apr-14
Tilzbow 26-Apr-14
Wood 27-Apr-14
21-Apr-14
For the first time in 25 years of archery I had a new nock break while shooting. Then it happened again a few days later. Nocks are Bohning F nocks in Black Eagle Deep impact shafts and in both cases it was the first time either arrow was shot. One of the two tabs broke off each nock and other than a weird noise on release and the shot missing by two feet everything was fine. I put new nocks in each arrow and haven't had a problem with either since. I've probably got a over a 1,000 shots with the same arrow and nock combination without a problem.

Has anyone had this happen and other than a couple of defective nocks could there be another cause?

22-Apr-14
Is this not a good reason to use the translucent nocks? (So you can see any crack much easier?)

22-Apr-14
send them a note on the e mail and I am sure they will send you a 6 pack of nocks.....

22-Apr-14
What bow are you shooting? This same problem cost me big time at the Washington 3d championship last year. Shooting Bowtech Experience. Tried several different nocks with the same problem. Finally went to Beiter nocks and solved it.

23-Apr-14
The only time I had what seemed to be new nocks break I was simply shooting to lite of an arrow for the poundage. I had been doing just fine with them and then turned the bow up 10#s. The second or third time a nock broke so did the string and I bloody welte on my hand. Never again.

23-Apr-14
I've never had a nock break upon shooting. But, have robin hooded several aluminums, smacked nocks on carbon shafts, etc. Shot for the first time this spring last Saturday and smacked a nock with another arrow, breaking off one of the ears. Robbed a new nock from a shaft thats not yet fletched or cut and was back in business...

My point is that I'm sure that it can happen, but I don't think its a widespread problem.

>>>>-------->

24-Apr-14
I had several break while shooting VAP's, changed over to Easton G nock and no problems. Total weight of VAP 430gr shot out of a Chill set at 70#.

24-Apr-14
Used to happen back in the old days on very, very cold mornings. I haven't had one break since except on the rare occasion I almost accidently 'Robin Hood' an arrow.

24-Apr-14
Thanks guys, I'll probably order some Easton G nocks and give those a try. They appear more sturder than the Bohning F nocks....

FWIW I haven't had one break since I posted this and I've shot about 10 brand new arrows while sorting through the 3 dozen I made trying to find the 12 that fly best at long range with fixed blade broad heads.

25-Apr-14
I found the G nocks to be much worse than the F nocks.

26-Apr-14
Did you build these arrows yourself?

Did you wash them down with acetone before fletching?

Acetone and nocks don't do well together.

26-Apr-14
I built the arrows myself but the nocks had been removed before cleaning and I only cleaned the outsert end with acetone.

Pretty sure I didn't get acetone on any of the nocks.

27-Apr-14
What bow?

• Sitka Gear