Rob Nye 29-Apr-14
rattling_junkie 29-Apr-14
Bear Track 02-May-14
SteveB 02-May-14
Bear Track 02-May-14
23-Apr-14

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
... hundreds of black spiders sitting on snow patches catching some rays. Yuck. First really warm day this year. Fast and nervous little buggers, hard to get pics before they skedaddled into the grass. Taking my slingshot and ball bearings with me today, some of them were booners.

23-Apr-14

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Work, work, work. Share some pics of your bait runs boys and girls.

23-Apr-14
Really odd Rob. I was out yesterday too and had a fly trying to land on my nose.

23-Apr-14
Looks like a black widow!~ I recognize that shape from the back of my BW bow anywhere ! :)

23-Apr-14
Rob, How did the deer fair in your area this past winter? We bowhunt south of your area about an hour every October (make the trek from Alberta). Last year was pretty obvious the previous winter had hurt the deer in the area we were in. I've heard bad reports about this winter too. What have you seen?

23-Apr-14
Have been seeing quite a few, only found bones a couple times so far but I'm sure it was not an easy winter for them. Should know more in a few weeks. Found some wicked big rubs from last year, hope they made it through okay.

23-Apr-14
I think those are TBM's "tracking spiders" & they're just waiting for you to shoot something!!!

;)

23-Apr-14
I put the tracks on one of my Rubicons yesterday and fired up my Argo to get it ready for the weekend. Will come home with pictures. I had 6,200 lbs. on my poor 20 ft. trailer yesterday. You seem to have the same snow amounts as us. I have the same Argo with the roll cage on it. I drape a tarp over it when we get caught back in the woods with rain.

23-Apr-14
Have fun out there, you got the right rigs for this time of year. A friend saw a bruiser bear in a field 2 days ago so some are prowling. Crappy weather for spider hunting today, big-time windy.

23-Apr-14

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
It was a beauty evening yesterday, tossed out a new one in a cool spot.

23-Apr-14
What is that ATV? That's nice!

btw... that is not a Black Widow spider.

23-Apr-14
Rob looks like some great country you are baiting, wish I was going up there this spring. John

23-Apr-14

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
8-wheel Argo with tracks. No speed demon but they are awesome machines.

24-Apr-14
Go get EM boys!

24-Apr-14
yes, that spot looks quite cool :-)

25-Apr-14

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Another soggy day in the bush, snow melting fast.

25-Apr-14

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Put up a couple "lefty" stands, here's the view from one.

25-Apr-14

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
The bear's eye view of the stand.

25-Apr-14
Loving this thread! Keep posting.

26-Apr-14

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Will try to post a few sights along the trails.

26-Apr-14

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo

26-Apr-14

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
These noisy rascals let the bears know that chow is on.

26-Apr-14
Great picts! Thanks for sharing!

26-Apr-14
Rob: Those deer look like they did real well this winter!

27-Apr-14
That last deer pic is really cool!

Dumb question but are those argo machines pretty much stuck proof or break down proof? Have to be a b*&^ch to have to walk back through some of that stuff to find help.

28-Apr-14

Mike Ukrainetz's embedded Photo
Went to fire up one of my bear baits and some bonehead had left one of my cameras out all year! (My brother, I think, couldn't have been me) I got home, put the card in my computer and I first looked at the last picture on the card, picture #2578, and this image jumped out at me! Nov 8 date on the picture. Surprised the heck out of me that the batteries lasted that long!! Anyone else had their alkaline batteries last that long!?

28-Apr-14

The proof of how long the batteries lasted, maybe longer because the card was full. and that it was at a bear bait. Truly incredible, I think.

28-Apr-14
Wicked!

28-Apr-14
Very nice you guys. Rob, that's the same amount of snow we have. I sunk my new Rubicon Saturday. No pictures because I was scrambling and running for my truck to pull it out of the ditch. Took it in today to have it flushed and oil changed. Still have not seen anything but a few wolf tracks and the odd deer track.

29-Apr-14
Ron; That sucks, hope the Honda takes it in stride. I put out some more baits y'day in the snow and rain but did see some big fresh bear tracks heading down the trails. Guess I better start checking some baits, they seem to be prowling around now.

29-Apr-14
Checked 4 baits this AM, 3 were hit, all of them had first arrivals on April 26, one week later than last year. Nothing huge yet but a couple pretty decent bears.

29-Apr-14
Sweet, awesome to hear. Checking a bait on Thursday I helped put in for a friend.

02-May-14

Bear Track's embedded Photo
Bear Track's embedded Photo
Believe it or not, this is only half my bait waiting to be used for this year's hunt. The grainery is full of 5 gallon pails of "secret" bait, along with the barrels of 8,000lbs of meat, 28 barrels of oats and 2 1/2 tons of peanuts outside and add to it, 55 gallons of liquid smoke. All washed down with 19 barrels of fryer grease.

02-May-14
That's quite a load Ron! Soon they will begin gobbling it up! looks like weather has improved too.

02-May-14
I was up north today making another bait drop off. Beautiful day. Also had to pick up the atv that I deep sixed.

• Sitka Gear