Rut Nut 24-Apr-14
76aggie 24-Apr-14
spotsorbetter 24-Apr-14
Zim1 24-Apr-14
Rut Nut 24-Apr-14
76aggie 25-Apr-14
Rut Nut 25-Apr-14
23-Apr-14
Well it was worth a try again but no luck. I guess it will only be colorado plains mule deer in october this year..good luck to all that drew their tags

23-Apr-14
Add me to the list of guys not hunting in New Mexico this year too. Blasted farkin tharter!

23-Apr-14
Struck out too, and that was probably the only real shot I had at drawing a tag this year. I have too few points in Utah and Nevada to probably stand a very good chance of drawing anything in those states.

Looking like I won't get to head west this year

Bake

23-Apr-14
Hi, my name is Tom....I didn't draw either.

23-Apr-14
I'm sobbing too.

23-Apr-14
Our group drew Nada.

23-Apr-14
a big zero here :(

23-Apr-14
Come on UT and NV.

Odds must have gotten a lot steeper. Know of two groups who didnt draw in the outfitter pool in a unit that was 100% last year.

23-Apr-14
No tag for me.

23-Apr-14
Tag soup in the draw. Secured LO tags for unit 52 though!

23-Apr-14
Only thing from New Mexico I got to look forward to is a refund.. Wish I wasn't get one.. :(

Ed

23-Apr-14
No archery choices, but picked up 3 tags! Muzzy elk, antelope, and oryx.

23-Apr-14
Hi, My name is Ken.....I didn't draw either, despite applying for a hunt that was 100% draw and actually UNDERSUBSCRIBED last year! :(

Well on the bright side I have 15-20 points/state waiting on a pile of longshot apps in NV, AZ, UT, ME & OR. Plus longshot for WY bison & 30% for WY deer. So at least I have some lead in the air.

If all else fails, will give Colorado OTC or Montana combo a try. Never came to that yet though. I've been lucky previously.

Plan B's can be surprisingly good.

23-Apr-14
No go here as well :(

23-Apr-14
Hi Ken.... Welcome

23-Apr-14
Swing and a miss here too. Just saved a ton on my fall fuel bill.

23-Apr-14
Nada here

23-Apr-14
Hi, I'm Sean and I've been tag free in New Mexico for 3 years. But the details of my life are quite inconsequential.

23-Apr-14
2 years out of 3 ain't bad. I keep telling myself that......

23-Apr-14
I guess my group is really lucky. We drew four any legal weapon tags.

23-Apr-14
Good to see everyone on here giving support where needed.

23-Apr-14
someday!

23-Apr-14
76aggie, Please be respectful. This thread is only for those who failed to draw NM. Can't you see it's the same as attending a wake? Silence please.

23-Apr-14
Havent drawn in 4 years now...

23-Apr-14
I had not drawn in 4 years also, and am a res, but I got first choice elk, and deer and 1st choice antelope!!

23-Apr-14
Ditto....swing and a miss!

24-Apr-14
Hey, at least you guys were in the game! ;-) I've only been able to elk hunt once(ever!)

Due to my financial situation and family obligations, I have not been able to even think about elk hunting since my "baptism" in 2011. Will be many years until I can start thinking about applying again. Until then I just live vicariously thru you guys and day-dream! ;-)

So it could be worse guys.............................you could be a poor family man from PA like me! :)

24-Apr-14
Zim, I apologize for showing up drunk to the wake. I became intoxicated with joy after getting the email notification. I should show those in mourning more respect. I really do know better as I have been in mourning so danged many times before.

On another note to Rut Nut. Hang in there man. I have been there and done that. I also lived vicariously for many years while trying to get started in the world, making house payments, educating children, etc. It was not till my kids moved out into the real world that I could make some of the hunts I always wanted to do, but was just not in a position to do earlier in my life. My family's well being came first. Sounds like your family comes first to you as well my friend. Good things come to those who wait!

24-Apr-14
I'm with you Rut Nut. My first elk hunt was in 2009 in NM and I was instantly hooked. And, just as you, I have lived through the Bowsite guys ever since. At 57, my years of being able to climb big mountains are running out but when finances allow I will make the attempt. Good luck to all who drew, and please take the time to document your hunts through a daily journal w/ pictures and video. Rut Nut and I are depending on you for our "FIX".

24-Apr-14
76aggie, You are forgiven. I hate you for drawing though. It was probably my tag.

Rut Nut, At 54 years old, I finally got my impacted wisdom tooth pulled, and am finally getting braces to straighten my bottom teeth screwed up by an orthodontist 40 years ago. A result of putting myself last after 3 sons and the lazy ex. Elk hunting was the other priority before my teeth. In 2016 I will finally be elk hunting with straight teeth!.......if 76aggie doesn't steal my tag again.

24-Apr-14
LMBO guys! :) And thanks for the encouragement!

At 49 I may have a little more time than you guys, but I got a late start with kids, so my youngest is 9. My goal is to try to stay in shape and practice my calling until the kids are out of the house and my finances are in better shape. By that time I hope I can still pack an elk off a mountain and be a proficient enough caller to call one in. In the meantime I will be listening to ElkNut's CDs, working out and blowing on the diaphragms.......................and living vicariously thru you guys! :)

25-Apr-14
Zim and Rut, you guys are still youngsters. I am 59 and will be 60 when this years hunting season rolls around. You guys still have many seasons left yet to draw. Zim, I promise not to take your tag in the future........unless it is the only one left!

25-Apr-14
LOL trublu! :) Unfortunately, my kids don;t have the exact same interests as their father! I might have to look into adoption....................... ;-)

LOL aggie- that's very nice of you! ;-)

• Sitka Gear