Joe The Teacher 23-Apr-14
oldgoat 24-Apr-14
bowriter 25-Apr-14
76aggie 25-Apr-14
midwest 25-Apr-14
sharp69 25-Apr-14
absaroka6 25-Apr-14
23-Apr-14
They are opening a new Gander Mtn. here so I applied for a part time job. I gave Johnny Morris as a reference. I have a feeling when they find out I am 70-years old, they probably will look no further.

23-Apr-14
I'm 50 and either don't know or more likely don't remember who Johnny Morris is!

23-Apr-14
John,

I remember when Johnny Morris started BPS. I believe he first sold his baits out of a cigar box at his uncle's liquor store. Is that story correct?

I first met Morris at a Ray Scott BASS tournament at Table Rock Lake, MO around 1974 or so. Guy from MO (name escapes me)won the tournament on a Zara Spook topwater bait and put the bait on to fame.

I also met Forrest Woods at that tourney. I owned a Ranger boat at the time. He told me to follow him to plant in ARK after tourney- upon arrival he did some custom work for me on my boat and took me on a tour of the factory while I waited. Never charged me a penny for the work. One fine man whom I always had a lot of respect for.

23-Apr-14
will say a little prayer for you to get the job.Morris stories are goooooood!

24-Apr-14
Yeah, I figured it out, Google'd it! Once I did I remember seeing his name on the sign but didn't really know anything about him.

25-Apr-14
Yes, I be John Sloan and...

Here is what happened: yesterday, they called me, wanted to come in for an interview today. Today, I went. After ten minutes they offered me a job. I again, made sure they understood I would work no more than 20-hours a week-no problem. Money was actually more than I expected.

I told them I would talk it over with the wife and let them know Monday. Now, I have to make a decision.

25-Apr-14
If memory serves me, Johnny Morris was also one of the very first professionals on the B.A.S.S. tour. Once B.P.S. really took off he became more successful than he could have ever hoped to imagine on the tour.

25-Apr-14
Congrats, bowriter! My brother is semi-retired, taking a "part time" job for Sportsman's Warehouse. He works around 40 hrs./week. lol

Gotta' love American success stories like that of Johnny Morris.

25-Apr-14
Congratulations!

25-Apr-14
Congratulations bowriter, but archery95 was right. Gander Mtn. opened a new store here in Mo., I applied for a part time job but gave it to a kid that couldn't start a fire with a gallon of gas and a road flair. I'll just keep on looking.

• Sitka Gear