Grunt-N-Gobble 24-Apr-14
BOWNBIRDHNTR 24-Apr-14
Hammer 24-Apr-14
Bullhound 24-Apr-14
TurkeyBowMaster 24-Apr-14
BOWNBIRDHNTR 29-Apr-14
23-Apr-14
Your opinion of the best lighted knock?

Nockturnal or Lumenok? Maybe Archers flame?

If you have another favorite please let me know and why.

What are the advantages of one over the other?

My bow dealer sells both Nockturnal and Lumenok and he thinks the Nockturnals are the best around.

24-Apr-14
The nockturnal has the best "on-off" system. The issue with them is that they don't always fit right on "some" shafts. They fit perfect on my Carbon Tech shafts, but not so good on my daughters Victory shafts, and not the best on my sons FMJ shafts.

24-Apr-14
Nockturnals IMO

Had luminocks come on in a rain one day. Looked down and had a quiver full of lighted arrows. The water made the electrical connection.

Like the Nockturnal set up better.

24-Apr-14
I have used the Carbon express Launchpad and they turn off simply by pulling. I shot a deer opening morning with a green nock but once the sun was up higher I could not find the arrow. Went in for an afternoon hunt 5 days later and as dusk set in sure enough there was the nock still lit. It was not as bright but I was surprised that over 100 hours later it was still lit.

24-Apr-14
I like my nockternal nocks

24-Apr-14
Nocturnal seems to get the vote so far.

I am waiting for a GPS tag in arrow heads so when you arrow an animal it leaves behind a GPS tracking tag making it easy to find those damn critters that take all night to track after a piss poor shot. lol

How do the lighted nocks affect your shot? If you use regular nocks and tune your bow and then slide the lighted knocks in how badly will they affect your shot?

24-Apr-14
The best nocks are THE TGB Tail light nocks by far better and less pricey then nocturnals and three times as bright Two guys and a bow archery check em out

24-Apr-14
There was a company that made a diode that attached to the arrow with a barb. It would stay in the deer and you had a hand held unit to track the arrow.

I remember seeing in the 90's , but not since.

24-Apr-14
The best nocks are THE TGB Tail light nocks by far better and less pricey then nocturnals and three times as bright Two guys and a bow archery check em out"

Did those fellas finally get their act together?? If I'm not mistaken, a lot of guys ordered lighted nocks from them only to wait long periods of time before they received them and some never did. They also were having the nocks split down the middle. Their CS wasn't very good last I heard.

24-Apr-14
Nocturnals are easy to use and turn off...But it ends there for me.

With my Easton Axis 340's I didn't have a great fit. Some would stay on my string when I pulled the arrow off (not when shot), one fell off the arrow when the deer jumped a fence and one broke (nock gone, battery in shaft) as a deer ran off.

A friend was using them on Maxima Reds. He shot a deer and I helped him track. We found his arrow but no nock. 50 yards later we found the deer. Upon field dressing we found the nock glowing next to the deer's heart. It was kind of cool and shocking at the same time to see but definitely wasn't helpful in finding the deer.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend the Nocturnals....just my 2 cents worth.

24-Apr-14
The Nockturnals can be shut off. I watched the guy at the bow store do it. He took his knife and slide the pointy end in the edge of it and popped it back up to shut it off. He then explained that the Lumenocks can be shut off by just pulling up on the nock. He also said he should just give the lumenocks away before their batteries go bad because no one buys them and they sit on his shelf to long. lol

He also did say that some arrows were not conducive for the lighted nocks because of the arrow diameters being different.

I have never used any lighted nock yet myself. I would be curious how they affect the arrow and if retuning is required. I know they weigh more than a regular nock but I am not sure if it would be enough that retuning is required?

24-Apr-14
Grunt-N-Gobble,

yes they had some problems getting items shipped and also with some nocks splitting. I bout six and the ones I have used are very bright. I am somewhat afraid to shoot them anymore as I could never get an answer from TGB if the ones I have are safe, or from a batch that may have issues.

24-Apr-14
I like nockturnals but a bit more trouble to turn off. Luminocks are a lot brighter...ce are great but less brite

29-Apr-14
Yes, I had the right size, my son had the right size and my wife had the right size. I can't tell you if my buddy had the right size but I'm pretty sure he is smart enough to get the right size as well.

I did find that some fit well and others did not. Typically if the nock fit in one of my shafts it would work well in another and if it fit loose in one it fit loose in another.

• Sitka Gear