Bigdan 24-Apr-14
squeekieslayer 26-Apr-14
dr. bob 26-Apr-14
Bigdan 27-Apr-14
SBH 27-Apr-14
dr. bob 27-Apr-14
Bigdan 27-Apr-14
24-Apr-14
Drew our archery tags last week for 900-20 and found out from our Outfitter today that we had first choice of weeks to go and we chose September 21-27. I hope this turns out to be a great week. As far as Montana goes, would you expect the rut to be going good by this time?

24-Apr-14
I wouldn't know, but best of luck to you !

24-Apr-14
I would say you picked an excellent time.I've found the rut really starts going good around the 18-20 and just gets better Good luck

24-Apr-14
yep, good time

24-Apr-14
I like the first week of the season myself. I like to be the first to hunt them. But if its a private land hunt you should be alright.

26-Apr-14
last year the early weekends seemed better... it depends on weather. Fact is that all of sept and early oct will have rutting activity of varying levels. If you are on private land you are probably good to go. It is certainly nice to be the first one calling at them.

I have the same tag as a resident.

Joe

26-Apr-14
I don't like the rut or the full moon.

27-Apr-14
You will have the moon in your favor. Bob is there anything you like?

27-Apr-14
I'm with Dan.....we have more action early in the season in our main spot plus the elk aren't as spooky. However the spot that I hunt in the evenings close to my house doesn't really get good until the 20th for some reason. You won't barely even hear a bugle until then. After that they go hard for about a week and half and then it's like they disappear. It depends on where you are and when the cows in your area go into estrus. I'm sure you'll get into elk......have a great hunt and good luck.

27-Apr-14
Yea dan, I like that you don't hunt in my area.

27-Apr-14
That's why I leave the elk alone on the south side of the river. Them are your elk Bob. But I do go after the swimmers.

• Sitka Gear