writer 18-Jun-14
Tradman & Huntress 18-Jun-14
writer 18-Jun-14
Lone Bugle 20-Jun-14
stick n string 20-Jun-14
Skeptic 30-Mar-15
INbowdude 31-Mar-15
18-May-14
32 days until Porkapalooza 8 at Shiloh Ranch. This year features a Father/Son and Father/daughter hunt. Last time we had that was Tunames and Jay!

Looking forward to having the kids in camp and them getting on the hogs. We will have to keep the Yode from misbehaving at least in front of the kids.

Getting close to cleaning out more freezer room for sausage!

18-May-14
And so the yearly countdown begins:)

18-May-14
Can't wait! Don't worry Mike, I'll only show them the proper way to handle a knife and gut a hog. Wait, maybe not...

Time to start my mantra - bend at the waist, bend at the waist, bend at...

18-May-14
I forgot about the stabbing incident. Well we will give you all lessons.

18-May-14
I won't be anywhere near Yode if he has a knife out. Time to start getting the light weight camo washed and sprayed with Sawyer. Not that it will be hot or anything down at Shiloh in mid June.

18-May-14
Can't wait guys, been way to long for me! I will be as weak as Bowdude!

18-May-14
It won't be hot at all Brian. But you won't have to cook your hog - just start eating! Now if Matt & Cheryl could just get some air conditioning in the blinds, things would be perfect...

22-May-14
Shirts are in! Starting to nail down some details. Traditional shirt again so Matt & Cheryl can take our money. 3-D shoot on the range behind camp. Pitch-in lunch on Friday.

Anything else you all would like to see? I need to give Matt a call soon.

I was thinking a knife safety course and first aid might not be bad. Safety first!

I plan on using the processor for any hog(s) over 125 pounds. Smaller hogs will get quartered and in the freezer (assuming there's space).

23-May-14

Tradman and Huntress's embedded Photo
Tradman and Huntress's embedded Photo
I've been busy since last June, working on my next practical joke. They should be big enough by next month.

-Cheryl, hehehe

23-May-14

INbowdude's embedded Photo
Stepping up her game, isn't she! Good thing Travis isn't hunting with us, that could be a deal breaker with that garter snake.

23-May-14
I'm still thinking of a way to get even on the scorpion trap without getting in trouble.

25-May-14

Only 24 days until Pork 8. Things will pick up really quickly now! C'mon June!

25-May-14
Leave a few...like at least six dumb, hungry ones, for the group that follows you, OK?

25-May-14
Yep the days will go quickly now...I hope anyway. List is written and starting to check things off.

26-May-14
Will do our best Writer to keep a few of them around for ya!

28-May-14
Really looking forward to it as it the daughter! I liked the thread to my cousin who is going and I think he's getting cold feet with all the stabbing talk and all. LOL

28-May-14
Actually Kory, removing the staples was MUCH worse than the little knife prick (OK, so it needed three staples, but that isn't much). I also think the doctor took too much pleasure in getting ALL the blood and stuff out! Anyway, I was back hunting the next day with too little sleep and a bit of a limp.

Of course, all you really have to do is have Cheryl do the field dressing (done at camp) and you don't have anything to worry about!

I hope one of the kids can give Cheryl and Matt a run for their money at the trad shoot - none of us old coots seem to be able to!

02-Jun-14
Well June has finally arrived and the Porkapalooza is a short 17 days away from starting. Time to get gear bug-proof and do some warm weather shooting. Won't be long before the live hunt(s) start.

03-Jun-14
Brian stopped by today. Surprise! He informed me two weeks and two days, he isn't looking forward to it much is he! I can't wait. Need a live target to shoot at!

04-Jun-14
I leave two weeks from today so I can spend the night with my folks in Kansas on the way. Knowing OK at this time of year it will either be hot and wet or hot and dry or both! Whatever, it sure doesn't seem to stop the hogs.

Looking forward to a great time with great people!

05-Jun-14
2 weeks!

12-Jun-14
1 week countdown until Porkapalooza!

12-Jun-14
Equipment is ready just need to pack. Hate to start to soon cause all you can do is see it sitting there. Will be some blood on the ground by this time in a week.

15-Jun-14
3 days of work, 4 days hunting, it's going to be a good week!

16-Jun-14
It's almost here!

18-Jun-14
Again, don't forget to leave at least a few for the next crew, OK?

I think we must have followed you guys the last time we were down and the woods were pretty barren. Well, at least by Shiloh standards. :-)

18-Jun-14
We always keep close to the same number of hogs. I know for a fact my Porkapalooza Brothers don't kill 200 hogs each year. Sometimes they aren't as visible, but a assure you its not barren! :-) Matt

18-Jun-14
Only one way to find out, and we're counting the days and sharpening the knives.

Not at all worried.

20-Jun-14
Come on guys..... post some pics!!

20-Jun-14
Check the live hunt thread from inbow

30-Mar-15

Skeptic's embedded Photo
Skeptic's embedded Photo

31-Mar-15
Turn Emma, turn!

• Sitka Gear