bowbender77 26-Jun-14
Buglmin 26-Jun-14
wifishkiller 26-Jun-14
Skipnoid 27-Jun-14
trkytrack 26-Jul-14
jims 27-Jul-14
26-Jun-14
Hi,

I posted earlier today RE S. Utah possibilities. It looks like Colorado OTC may be a better option ... Durango is only a 400 mi/6.5 hr drive from here (Prescott, AZ). Any advice???

Thanks!

26-Jun-14
There are no antelope around Durango you have to go east

26-Jun-14
"East" of Durango can have some pretty good Lope hunting. Private property can be an issue that you need to work out.

26-Jun-14
Bite the bullet and hunt Wyoming with a leftover tag.

26-Jun-14
The units east of us, over the Hill, are draw units for antelope, and it takes a few points to draw tags.

26-Jun-14
Drive the extra distance!

27-Jun-14
OK ... I can see that now!

If I have to drive the extra distance to go to SE Colorado (double the trip from Prescott), I might as well just add another couple-few hours and drive to Wyoming.

A few years back, me and four buddies hunted at the Spearhead Ranch and had a great time. This trip however will be a solo self-hunt "on the cheap". How's the access to land (public or private)? I would definitely consider paying a reasonable trespass fee for good private land access. How about availability of leftover tags? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

26-Jul-14
Check out the Wyoming state site.

27-Jul-14
Left over buck tags are almost non-existent in units with much public land in Wyo this year. You may want to consider a NM Landowner tag. NM has outrageous bucks and it would be a lot closer for you!

• Sitka Gear