arlone 27-Jul-14
Scrappy 27-Jul-14
jdouin 28-Jul-14
Kevin Dill 28-Jul-14
Olink 28-Jul-14
snapcrackpop 28-Jul-14
snapcrackpop 28-Jul-14
08-Jul-14
I am looking to purchase a new tree stand harness. It has been quite awhile since I have been in the market for one. In order of importance 1. Safety first 2. Quiet 3. Comfort what brand/model do people recommend?

Thanks for your time

08-Jul-14
I've always been happy with my Seat of the Pants harnesses! There are a lot of great choices out there.

08-Jul-14
Not a lot of experience with options, but Muddy Outdoors makes a pretty nice setup.

08-Jul-14
I've used both Seat of the Pants and Hunter's Safety System harnesses. They're both quality products, but IMO, as far as comfort and ease of use are concerned, HSS wins hands downs. The extra pockets the HSS harness provides is another plus.

08-Jul-14
Make sure it has a bino holder on the front straps as it makes it real easy to use a bino.

08-Jul-14
Muddy!

08-Jul-14
I prefer the ones with a rope & prusik knot over the strap type...easier on & off the tree. I have an SOP and like it.

08-Jul-14
I like my SOP with a rope and Prussik knot attached. I hook in on the ground and am connected the whole time I am off the ground.

08-Jul-14
Muddy. Love mine.

09-Jul-14
Been using a SOP for 20+ years. See no need to change.

09-Jul-14
Bob and Jay X2 on the prussic knot and life line. Since my wife started hunting with me that's all we use.

12-Jul-14
TREE SPIDER

14-Jul-14
Hunters Safety System Ultralite. Use a lifeline w/prussic knot too. Most falls occur getting into and out of stands. I fell twice with climbers luckily I had safety straps. Wish I had had modern harness one one of those falls as strap only really sinched and took the wind out of me and I didn't have the energy to get the stand reattached. Thankfully a friend found me. After a couple hours hanging there as I was seriously considering cutting myself loose.

14-Jul-14
rock climbing harness!

23-Jul-14
Hunter Safety System vest is what I have used for years and love it. It's quiet, easy as can be to put on and pockets for gear Only issue I had was velcro on the upper pockets, which I cut off the velcro and had snaps installed. I also used a prussic knot rope for my strap around the tree and too my leash with a heavy duty caribeener (or however you spell it). I haven't had to real life test it, but practiced about a foot off the ground tests with it and it worked well. The HSS also have a "suspension relief" that clips to the tailbone area and you step into a loop to take the pressure off your legs and groin. That doubles as a deer drag which I have found is much easier then the old rope and stick. I tied the relief strap to the deer, clipped to the tailbone area clip and walk. Gives me both hands to carry equipment or whatever.

23-Jul-14
X2. rock climbing harness

27-Jul-14
I use a Hunter Safety System vest and have a life line for each of my three stands. Went to this system after slipping off the top wrung of a ladder about 18 feet up.

27-Jul-14
x3 rock climbing harness

28-Jul-14
You can buy last year's Muddy harness on their website for half price. I have one and have no complaints

28-Jul-14
For the guys who use a rock harness:

What type of attachment system (to tree) are you using?

Knowing the harness hookup is in front, does your attachment line cause any issue in certain shot positions?

28-Jul-14
Another question for the rock climbing harness guys - Which ones are you using? Are they lighter than the 'treestand style' harnesses?

28-Jul-14
The safety rope goes around your waist to the tree and its tied about waist height. Stays out of the way and no problem when turning for an offside shot. Of course the safety rope has a pursic knot for easy adjusting. M y harness is an eldweiss?

28-Jul-14

• Sitka Gear