cityhunter 06-Jun-15
Busta'Ribs 06-Jun-15
Medicinemann 07-Jun-15
writer 08-Jun-15
itshot 08-Jun-15
16-Jul-14

cityhunter's embedded Photo
Tragic news last evening, I was informed that Tanner Sinclair son of Brent and Wendy Sinclair from Pincher Creek ALB has passed away at age 27 . I was lucky enough to have crossed paths with Tanner when he was 21 in Canmore bow zone !!!! At age 21 Tanner was my guide for Bighorn sheep at this young age I recall this was Tanners 29th Ram he helped hunters take . Tanner almost half my age was a fountain of knowledge in the mountains . His hunting skills were top of the game !!Tanner lived for the wild outdoors. He moved up to Whitehorse with his wife and child about two years ago . Tanner and I spoke thru the passing years we often spoke how we would hunt together one day in the near future . As u can see in the picture below Tanner loved guiding sheep hunters Tanner was just feet away from me when I took my shot . Tanner was more excited then I was when I took my sheep . Below is our bighorn . I consider myself the luckiest guy to have had Tanner Sinclair as my sheep guide no better then he !!! God Please Bless all that have loved and known Tanner Sinclair !!! Louis

16-Jul-14

16-Jul-14
Sorry to hear. I had heard good things about him.

16-Jul-14
Exactly why some guides become friends and bonds that form cannot be broken.

Such a young man and family.

Condolences to his loved ones.

16-Jul-14
Sorry to hear of his passing. Glad you have such good memories of him Lou.

16-Jul-14

tthomas's embedded Photo
tthomas's embedded Photo
I crossed paths with CityHunter as he was heading up to do his hunt. I even photographed the ram he killed and sent him pictures when I heard he shot it. My sons and I have know both Tanner and his father for a very long time. They have been at the Annual Foss Sheephunters Shoot for years. Have hunted cats with his dad Brent and know his mother Wendy as well. The most wonderful people you will ever have the opportunity to meet.

What a loss. There is lots to say about Tanner but he has been on more sheep kills than most people ever see sheep in their life. He always had a huge smile on his face and helped so many people achieve their dream of taking a sheep.

You can tell good people by how other good people relate to them. I haven't met anyone who didn't have great things to say about Tanner or have a wonderful story about how he impacted their life.

He was way too young to die. I guess I am glad to have know him for a way to short of a time. I guess its better to have known someone like that rather than not to have met him.

One day I killed a ram and then saw this crazy guy sprinting down the mountain in a pair of crocs. It was cold and in November. I was surprised to see anyone as we had no idea that anyone was hunting up that valley and even more surprised to see it was Tanner. He was pumped for us and helped take photos and skin the ram. Cam and I had a five hour pack out. He invited us to spend the night with him in his camp. We were anxious to get home and we hiked out in the dark. I wish I had stayed and shared some more time with him.

Here is a picture of the ram we got, wish I could find one with Tanner. Odd that somehow what we remember is of something unique and special. I will always be able to picture Cam and I looking up the mountain and seeing Tanner yelling and screaming and so excited as he sprinted down the mountain in his crocs. He was as tough and as good of a man, a father, a hunter, a bowhunter, a guide, and a friend as they come.

We will all miss him.

16-Jul-14
Sorry to hear. We never met but I know people spoke very highly of him. Tragic.

16-Jul-14

Chip just yesterday before this tragic news I posted saying how my sheep guide Tanner and I still keep in contact and formed a friendship . That evening Tom sent me a PM telling me of this tragic news . Hunting with Tanner up there was like hunting with a best friend !!!!

16-Jul-14
Louis,

Sad news.

16-Jul-14
The poignant irony of grief is the more it hurts, the better witness it is to a life well lived and love well shared. May the Peace of the Lord be with the folks that find themselves in the light of Tanner's passing. And, yeah, I mean "light" because it takes light to cast a shadow.

16-Jul-14
When I heard the news yesterday I was in shock as well...crazy how life changes so quickly. As posted above the Sinclair's are a great family and always there to help others.

Prayers to Pincher Creek and the Yukon.

Sharpstick

16-Jul-14

Tanner about 2 years ago doing what he loved to do !!

16-Jul-14

Tom I have a bunch of Video of Tanner and I hunting up there , First day out Tanner and I were 36 yards from the ram I took he was running the camera ,great stuff !! I recall Tanner glassing the ram a long ways out and saying a number for score Tanner was 100# on the money !!

16-Jul-14
So sad. God bless his family during these hard times. Hope you are glassing rams up above R.I.P. HUNT

16-Jul-14
Sad for sure. I pray for his family, especially wife and children and also all the people he touched in his short life. The good ones.....

16-Jul-14
I received this terrible news last night and am thankful that you posted this Lou.

As I understand it, Tanner had a daughter and his wife is expecting. My thoughts and prayers are with them now and also with Brent and Wendy as they try to somehow deal with this senseless tragedy.

Godspeed Tanner.

16-Jul-14
Hi everyone, My name is Myles and I'm a reporter with the Yukon News in Whitehorse, YT. I am writing a profile on Tanner for our newspaper and would like to speak to someone who went hunting with him, if possible. Louis, would I be able to email you or call you? I can be reached at [email protected] or at (867) 667-6285 x224.

Many thanks.

16-Jul-14
Sorry to hear this, but what a life to live...RIP!

16-Jul-14
Myles I will contact u

16-Jul-14
How did this happen?

16-Jul-14

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Thanks for telling us Louis! So young! Peace!

16-Jul-14

16-Jul-14
Louis, Tom and others, I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Your testimonials to the quality of his friendship will mean a great deal to his family and other friends. Part of him will be kept alive as you remember him while on future hunts. My thoughts are with his family and you.

16-Jul-14
So sad. You can see the love for life in his eyes in every one of those great photos. What a tragedy for it to be cut so short. My thoughts are with all who knew him and especially his family.

16-Jul-14
Terrible to hear this... Prayers for his family.

16-Jul-14
Sorry for the loss of your alls friend. From reading your posts about him he must have been a great person. Prayers to his family and friends. May he RIP.

16-Jul-14
Myles, will you please post a link to your story when you get it written, or you can e-mail it to me at [email protected]. I'd like to read it, if possible.

Sorry for your loss, guys who knew him. I lost a special guide/friend in my life in 1990 and I can still hear his voice and laughter.

So sad Tanner died so young, but it looks like he lived three lifetimes worth of living in only about one third a lifetime worth of years. We should all set such a goal for ourselves.

16-Jul-14

Natrex's embedded Photo
Natrex's embedded Photo
I had the pleasure of meeting young Tanner back in August of 2010 on my first Dall sheep hunt up at South Nahanni. We have remained friends ever since. We often talked about going sheep hunting again together one day.

My deepest sympathy goes out to his family and friends that knew Tanner for the good man that he was.

I will miss you my friend.

16-Jul-14
what happened!?

16-Jul-14
So sad to hear, too young, condolences to his family and friends, RIP.

16-Jul-14
Didn't know him but I sure wish I could have hunted with him, it's sad his life ended at such a young age,

16-Jul-14

Albertian's embedded Photo
Albertian's embedded Photo
Tanners last animal...hope your bear inside you rests and to the family my condolences as I've hunted with him worked with him and fished with him...I miss you already little buddy ... bowsite.com The Leading Bowhunting website since 1996. Over 5 million pages of Bowhunting games, bowhunting ... Forums·Outfitter Reports·Leatherwall·State & Regional·Features·By Pat Lefemine

17-Jul-14
In the end a man's life is measured by the respect of his friends and family.

From all testimony here this young man measured up well.

So short a life is hard to deal with, but literally that is life. Live every day folks. Live every day deeply.

Godspeed. Rest in peace. Thoughts and prayers of strength and comfort for his family and friends.

17-Jul-14
How very sad---

Prayers to his family from Utah.

Good luck, Robb

17-Jul-14
Life is precious, treasure it and be grateful. Louis I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. Prayers go out to his friends and family.

17-Jul-14
Wow what a shame, never got to meet him but heard nothing but great comments about him. RIP Tanner

17-Jul-14
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/arrest-warrant-issued-for-suspect-in-whitehorse-stabbing-1.2707697

17-Jul-14
Very sad. Prayers for the family and all who knew him.

17-Jul-14
It always amazes me how I can can feel so sad or happy for people and families I have never met.

Obviously Tanner was an exceptional young man who touched many lives in his short life. God Bless his family and I pray that those of you that knew him find peace and are able to deal with the grief that comes from his passing.

17-Jul-14

writer's Link
Sad

17-Jul-14
What a trajedy. Condolences

17-Jul-14
So true Bowfreak

Condolances for his family as well, very sad indeed.

17-Jul-14

Busta'Ribs's embedded Photo
Here's a great photo of Tanner when he was obviously a young and up and coming guide. The look of pride on this young mans face is remarkable and unmistakable.

Tanner's father Brent is considered by many to be the finest guide on the planet.

17-Jul-14
Great photo! Is that from Jim's hunt?

17-Jul-14
I didn't know Tanner but I just talked to a good freind of mine "Brad Fry" and he started his guiding career with Brent and Tanner when Tanner was 11 and Brad sent me a picture last year of the first ram Tanner killed for himself. Brad said, "Tanner guided 47 rams in 8 years before hanging up his guiding boots to start a family and moved to the Yukon so he could sheep hunt every year for $25." Sounds like a great guy and great hunter I wish I could have met him!! God Bless!!

Aaron

17-Jul-14
Aaron Tanner and I spoke last year he told me about a BIG dall he had found for himself in the Yukon I could tell in his voice he was very excited !! I think there is video of that hunt Brent was there with him I recall

Great guide/ hunter he is he even got me a sheep :>

17-Jul-14
http://www.gofundme.com/bo3z98

17-Jul-14
Yep I guess it was Tanner Whitney Brent and Brad all on that hunt.

Aaron

17-Jul-14
I'm not positive but the hunt might be showed on Brad TV show "The Canadian Guide life" On wild TV in canada?

Aaron

17-Jul-14
http://i.cbc.ca/1.2710300.1405625444!/fileImage/httpImage/image.JPG_gen/derivatives/16x9_620/tanner-sinclair.JPG

17-Jul-14
There is a go fund me for Tanner they raised over 50,000 in one day !!!!

17-Jul-14
I wish I would have met him. loosing a son is as hard as it gets. in life.

18-Jul-14

Dan I told Tanner about u and other friends a while ago !!! Tanner seemed complete when he found his love and his daughter was born and moved up to the Yukon !!

Tanner had big shoes to fill being the son of Brent Sinclair , But Tanner filled them shoes up with some to spare !!!

And a very good bow shot !!!!

18-Jul-14
Oh Man, RIP Tanner

Bill V.

18-Jul-14
Sorry to read about such a young, talented kid who seemed to have it all together. Keep climbing those peaks Tanner and helping others get to the high ground. Rest in peace brother. BB

18-Jul-14

sharpstick's Link
here is a link to a local news cast remembering Tanner

cheers,

Sharpstick

18-Jul-14
So sorry to hear. Sounds like he sure lived the dream while on this earth. RIP

18-Jul-14
Thanks Mike

18-Jul-14
RIP. So very sorry.

18-Jul-14
Tragic. I hope justice will be served.

18-Jul-14
Heartfelt condolences to his family. RIP Tanner, you'll be missed.

20-Jul-14
http://www.gofundme.com/bo3z98

Thought I would put this up for anyone who wanted to donate to Tanner's family to help them get through this tough time

20-Jul-14

over 80,000 has been donated ! excellent !!

21-Jul-14
Rest in peace Tanner. To all that knew him, I'm so sorry for your loss.

23-Jul-14
sharpstick any current news !!!

23-Jul-14
So tragic. My condolences to his family and all those that morn his passing.

23-Jul-14
City,

They still have not caught the D-bag...he won't be able to stay hidden long though. They believe he has left the Yukon and is in BC, Alberta or Sask.

cheers,

Sharpstick

23-Jul-14

sharpstick's Link
heres the latest on it

23-Jul-14
Be a shame if he wandered into some sheep hunting camp somewhere. Chances are all the guides and outfitters know the story.

In the states, ugly teeth at that age normally mean a meth addict.

Hopefully they'll catch him soon.

24-Jul-14
Writer I bet u are correct on the Meth !! Humans are creatures of habit Esp drug users !!! I would think it would be easy to find this punk esp due to his alleged drug use !!! Writer I would like to see him in prison were I can visit him !!!!!!

I think it might be best to gather up some REWARD money for info leading to his arrest !

24-Jul-14
Or figure out a way to pay some guys already in that same prison to "visit" him.

Wait, that was not a PC statement, I apologize.

If our suspensions are true, a fellow user will rat him out, trying to get a lighter sentence for their own crimes.

25-Jul-14
The fellow accused has now turned himself in, hopefully this brings a bit of closure for those affected by this.

Cheers

Sharpstick

25-Jul-14
Thanks for the update.

26-Jul-14
Yes surrendered in Vancouver Island BC Great news !!!

26-Jul-14
Glad he's in custody, Louis. Here's to hoping that he is "accident prone".

26-Jul-14
Good news. Keep us updates as the story evolves. I am sure quite a yarn will be spun.

30-Jul-14

I had the honor of attending Tanner's memorial service in his home town of Pincher Creek, Alberta on Monday.

I can't confirm how many people were there but someone said it was close to a thousand. I can say that the turn out, in such a small, rural community, was absolutely overwhelming.

The service was a genuine and honest memorial, a real tribute to Tanner and the kind of man he was, a true celebration of his wonderful life.

As the service concluded we all walked out to the banks of the creek and in unison, released balloons in Tanners memory. As the bright balloons climbed into the blue Alberta sky, all eyes watched as they drifted west towards the Rocky Mountains. I glanced down and standing in the middle of the creek was a Mule Deer watching the spectacle.

It was magic.

Godspeed Tanner.

30-Jul-14
Very sad to see a young mans life taken from him, he is now enjoying all of gods creation in heaven.

30-Jul-14
Busta" Ribs,

Cool story....especially the Mule Deer....

15-Aug-14
Any update to this ?

15-Aug-14
no all I could dig up was he turned himself in

15-Aug-14
Man....I sure hope they have all they need to serve justice. Although there will be no real justice for that poor family.

15-Aug-14
I too hope justice is served. Prayers for all Tanners friends and family are sent up.

20-Aug-14
I met Tanner back in 2003 when his dad, Brent, was my guide for Stone's Sheep at Gundahoo River Outfitters in Northern BC. We found and killed the biggest ram taken that year by a Gundahoo client and if I had entered it into the FNAWS Awards, it would have taken the Gold Medal that year. Brent sent Tanner out with a Native guide, Albert, to expand Tanner's knowledge of guiding and get a different perspective from Albert. Albert was a good guide but let's just say we had a good time hearing from Tanner on the SAT phone about his adventures with Albert. I will always remember those stories! Many years earlier, it was true that Brent used to carry Tanner around on his backpack on sheep hunts when Tanner was but a small boy. Tanner got a lot of experience at a young age. Brent was the first ever guide to win the FNAWS (now WSF) guiding award that is given out each year at the Sheep Show. I have no doubt that some day Tanner would have won that award just like his dad!

I cannot believe this has happened to my friends, the Sinclairs. Some dirtbag with a bad reputation puts gasoline in a diesel truck sold to him by Tanner and blows the turbo and then blames Tanner?? From what I understand, Tanner even offered to help fix the truck. I hope they take this murdering dirtbag and hang him by the balls and pound sand in his a$$ until the rope breaks!!

I have kept in touch with Brent and I have the utmost respect for this guiding family. Brent is a legend and Tanner was hot on his heels. My prayers are with you my friends. RIP Tanner!

29-Aug-14
I was curious to know what was happening with this case and looked on the Whitehorse newspaper site. It said the guy has been in court twice already to face the charges but to read anymore than that you had to register an pay 15 bucks. Anyone have any info as to what is going on?

30-Aug-14
Sad for a young man so gifted. Lord watch over family and friends as they come to terms with the loss of this young feller.

Lord you must have some special assignment for him and thank you for hearing the prayers of many.Lift up your hand and help this family giving them the full measure of your grace Lord. Its in Jesus name we ask these things and pray.

Amen

30-Aug-14
God bless Tanner's family and friends.

Never take life for granted.

02-Oct-14

OHH my friend Tanner U will be missed by so many !!! But never forgotten !!!!!! Louis

06-Jan-15
Sportsman Channel (US) and Wild TV (CAN) will be airing an episode of "The Guides Life" entitled "Tanman", featuring the life of Tanner Sinclair.

Tune in this week on Sportsman Channel Thursday 7:30 pm, Friday 9:00 am and Friday 2:30 am, EST.

For you guys in the great white north, Wild TV will air the show Today at 2 pm, Thursday 9:30 pm, Saturday 11:00 pm and Sunday 6:30 pm, Central time.

06-Jan-15
thanks

06-Jan-15
Louis, nice job and tribute. That is another great thing about hunting, it offers a real connection and time of reflection with loved ones lost while in gods country.

DJ

06-Jan-15
Thanks Chris. I don't watch a lot of shows but will make a pt to watch and tape this one.

06-Jan-15
When I was up in the Territories this past August i was talking with Stan Simpson of Ramhead Outfitters about Tanner (and Brent). He had incredible things to say about them, their character and their families.

Thanks for posting up the show times...looking forward to seeing it.

Mark

06-Jan-15
On man, what a shame and so sorry I did not have the pleasure of meeting what sounds to be such a fine individual. My sympathies to you all who knew him.

06-Jan-15

NvaGvUp's Link
The Sheep Show has an auction item to raise money for Tanner's family.

It's a THIRTY DAY Stone Sheep hunt and you can do it all at once or split the days up over one or more years.

See the link! Item #23.

06-Jan-15
Wow, Kyle that's awesome I wish I had the $$ to bid on that one. That is going to be a great hunt and help support such a tragic loss. Planning on attending next year, couldn't make it happen this time.

DJ

07-Jan-15
great Job Kyle

09-Jan-15
WAtched the show last nite and can see why his death was such a loss.

09-Jan-15
Glad I got to see the episode, I have young kids and can't imagine! Godspeed Tanman!

09-Jan-15
I wanted to watch this but my wife was cutting back on the cable bill and was cutting channels/package down. She ended up cutting the sportmans and outdoor channels out.

Is it going to hit the internet anytime soon?

09-Jan-15
I watched the episode last night and enjoyed viewing it.

I can see why the fellas that knew him liked him so much.

09-Jan-15
Saw the show last night, a fitting tribute to a fine young man...Well Done!

09-Jan-15
The Lama i also dont own any outdoor channels maybe somebody recorded it and can place on DVD ?

09-Jan-15
My heart aches for his wife and children. All the best to them in many hard years to come. So sad

09-Jan-15

Had a couple friends over last night, we had a great meal then opened a good bottle of Port and toasted Tanner as the show began.

It was really hard to watch the tremendous bond Tanner had with Brad, and especially with Whitney and Brent. But it was great to see them all doing what they loved. Hard to believe that was Tanner's first ram.

What a loss!

09-Jan-15

Forgot to mention I had the honor of watching the show with Tanner's ram in my lap!

09-Jan-15
I have the show recorded. I'll try to figure out a way to share it.. I have it on DVR if there are any tech guru's out there.

If all else fails I supose I could record it with my video camera and upload it to YouTube.

Josh

09-Jan-15
Apologies if it's been covered, but any news on justice involving the "man" who murdered him?

09-Jan-15
He was arrested a couple of weeks after the murder and is awaiting trial in Whitehorse. He was apparently a drug dealer.

10-Jan-15
I never met nor knew the man... but fully understand the bond formed under great efforts, stress, hardship and duress. I wouldn't go so far as to compare to combat bonds... but a similar thing, no doubt.

I must have missed it the first show.... will be looking for it in the rerun season.

Great deal at the Sheep Show. Very much hope it goes top dollar.

God bless... such a sad thing for such a young family...

10-Jan-15
Busta: Thanks for posting the thread on the show. I watched it with my wife. Never met the man, but she'd a tear watching the interaction he had with everyone. By all accounts a truly great man.

RIP Tanner

11-Jan-15
auctioning this hunt of right now for Tanner-

100% of the proceeds go to the Tanner Sinclair trust fund

Tanner's father will be the guide.

here is a link...

Michael

https://bid.wildsheepfoundation.org/livebid/?as=31134&watch=1

11-Jan-15
its up to 30 days for stone sheep....

11-Jan-15
just sold $52,500

11-Jan-15
another stone sheep hunt was just donated and sold for for another $50,000 all going to Tanners family

that's awesome!

11-Jan-15
I am here in Reno and was in the convention hall when sold... the subsequent second hunt was offered by Midnight Sun Outfitting.

The whole place went up for a rousing 5 minute standing ovation in honor of Tanner and his family!

An experience of love and support that I will never forget!

Mark

11-Jan-15
Great report from the show Mark!

The support for Tanner's family from the hunting community has been simply unbelievable and it's got to help them get through this terrible tragedy.

11-Jan-15
Tanner was also awarded the Outstanding Guide award.

11-Jan-15
"An experience of love and support that I will never forget!"

What's truly inspirational is that similar outpourings of love and support for someone or some cause are seen at the Saturday night banquet of the Wild Sheep Foundation almost every year.

We are a family and we take care of our own.

18-Jan-15
Awesome !!

19-Jan-15
I'm not sure if this was mentioned before but on the sportsman channel a friend of mine Brad Fry which was a good friend of Tanners had a show dedicated to him and Tanners first ram. The show series name is "The Guide Life with Brad Fry" Show name "Tanman" just tought I'd let you know incase some were unaware?

Aaron

05-Feb-15
I just watched the show, what a good show with such sad news

06-Feb-15
link to the preview...

http://www.thesportsmanchannel.com/shows/the-guides-life/

06-Feb-15
Anywhere else that the show can be seen?

06-Feb-15
Godspeed Brother!!

14-Feb-15
I just watched Tanners sheep hunt on The Guide Life. It was an awesome show. Not only was the hunt awesome but during the beginning of the show Brad Fry has this old carving he found at one of the Sinclair's old hunting camps. It was possibly the beginning of a gun but it had a removable knife carved into it and it was etched with the word "Tanner." Tanner had so many hunts left in him. It is extremely sad that violence took those away from him. God bless.

14-Feb-15
Yes very sad !!

24-Feb-15

Brent Sinclair's embedded Photo
I would like to express how humbling and emotional it has been for me to read through the countless messages , the tributes, the blessing and the memories shared by so many of you about Tanner, and how he stood out among so many that never knew him but had heard about him.

It is hard to believe he is gone…..such a great young man cheated from a life that had everything going for him.

Regardless of what happens to the one who took him from us ,justice will never be fully served.

What I have become to except now was inspired into me by a friend, hunting buddy, client, and fellow Christian…Chase Fulcher.

Chase told me I have to find in me to cherish the fact that I had 27 amazing years with my son and the memories I have from those 27 years are what remain and what I now have to rely on now to make Tanner live on in Spirit.

So many fathers never got the chance to do with their sons what I was blessed to do with Tanner……and for that I am truly great full.

There are so many people that gave me that opportunity so that I could live the life I loved and that I could have Tanner there with me.

His legacy will live on through his two little girls.

His memory will be here forever.

A tribute to his passion for hunting Wild Sheep is his Urn, it is a rams horn from the Yukon… when I return there in August with Brad Fry and Whitney to take her Dall Ram we will spread his ashes in the sheep mountains where his heart found its home that day in July on first sheep hunt.

Go Rest High on that Mountain Tanman……God Bless.

24-Feb-15
Thanks for posting! May a steady peace stay with you and your family!! Press on in his honor!

24-Feb-15

Thanks Charlie….I would expect nothing less from him.

24-Feb-15
God Bless you an your family Brent. I know Gods plan is hard to stomach at times but all one can do is turn to Him. I would venture to guess that Tanner will be walking with you for years to come when you are chasing sheep.

26-Feb-15

Brent you and Wendy raised a fine young man. Tanner will never be forgotten. I consider myself very lucky to have known him ! God Bless the Sinclairs louis

26-Feb-15

Always wore a smile !!!

04-Mar-15
04-Mar-15
Tanner and i our 1st stalk

26-May-15

In Aug 2014 I had a friend call and ask me to come over….Bert Frelink from Quarter Moon Longbows here in Pincher Creek…He has been applying in the 408 Bow Zone for a Bighorn tag since the draw has been in place and had made a plan with Tanner to guide him when he was the lucky one of five to draw a tag….when he heard of our loss, the first thing he did was climb to the top of Mt.Allen and shoot an arrow into the sky in memory of Tanner…..Bert said I want to do something for Tanner's family. He built a custom bow with some of the muskox horn I had given him a few years earlier on the limb tips and some custom footed shaft arrows to match… Another friend Lee Fernquist was visiting and I asked him if he know of anyone who could build a box so that I could take the bow and arrows to the P&Y convention as I had planned to arrange for the bow to be auctioned and have the funds go to Tanner's girls education fund. Lee looked at me for a second and said ya , I can build something so I left it to him and the results were a master piece of wood brass and antler to accompany the custom bow and arrows…two men completed an amazing work of craftsmanship that is a one of a kind work of art.

When I got word that another friend and past client I had guided had also lost his son, it was thought that we need not take the bow to P&Y. I had guided Glen Heisey on a bison hunt in B.C. several years earlier and his son Kevin was a truly amazing and dedicated man to the P&Y Club and this Convention belonged to Glen ,Kevin and their families.

I did take the bow arrows and case and it was purchased privately by a very close and true bow hunter Walt Palmer……a very large donation was put into an Education fund for Keele and Bennett by the Palmer Family.

There are some amazing and compassionate people in the hunting world and this is testament to that bond of an organization like P&Y and to members and families like Walt, Toni and their family who are there to do what ever they can when tragedy hits their friends.

Thank You to everyone who has been here with and for us….God Bless

26-May-15
That's awesome. I happy to be part of the bowhunting fraternity.

26-May-15

Truly an amazing fraternity of friends…here is the bow,arrows and case.

27-May-15
Class move by all mentioned! Perhaps we'll see you in St.Louis April 2017! Peace!

27-May-15
I ran into Walt in the lobby of the hotel as we were departing home from P&Y. He told me he "bought a bow" but I didn't realize it was "the bow (and arrows)!"

One more great humanitarian component in honoring Tanner and his family!

Mark

27-May-15
so sad. But its a reality check that life is short and shouldnt be wasted. This kid certainly didnt waste any of his. Seemed to do what he loved by the look on his face.

If we all tracked down his killer and strung him up in a tree, it wouldnt help ease the familys grief.

The killer will have to face a Judge one day. One that will no doubt issue a sentence far worse than 4 walls and a cot. Prayers to the family God bless

28-May-15
Walt Palmer knows better than most, just how precious and short, life can be. He is an exceptional bowhunter, a class act, and he has a wicked sense of humor thrown in for extra measure......

He has told me some wicked bowhunting stories, like him shooting a black Mamba out of a tree in Africa, while on an elephant bowhunt ranks near the top....that boy can flat out shoot.

At one time , he had 17 pins on his bow, one for every 5 yards (starting at 20 yards, I believe) out to 100 yards.

He is exactly the kind of guy that would purchase a bow like this for such a worthy cause.....

04-Jun-15

Tanners little girl, Keele sitting on her first sheep mountain looking at some rams with her Daddy beside her I'm sure.

It is because of families like Walt Palmer that their two girls will get a chance at a good education…..but this school on the mountainside is a class room that teaches far more than a room with a book shelf.

Walt and I are off to Zimbabwe in a couple weeks , then its back to the Yukon and BC for sheep season…..hope to have this little girl on her first sheep kill in August along with her mom and Brad Fry..

04-Jun-15
What a great picture Brent! I couldn't agree more on the Mountainside classroom!

Your granddaughter is named after the Keele River in the NWT, I would guess?!

Mark

04-Jun-15
Awesome PIC !!!!

04-Jun-15
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/michael-macpherson-accused-in-death-of-tanner-sinclair-gets-bail-1.3073664

Really? Thats it?

04-Jun-15
NIce photo, that must heal more than anything.

Thanks, have fun in Africa...a few pics would be appreciated.

04-Jun-15

writer's Link
The link to the story.

05-Jun-15
Bail set at 25,000 what a joke !

05-Jun-15
….the guy was taken to the Whitehorse airport to meet his father no supervision just let go….he has to be a good boy and comply only to a few conditions, during rehab….!!!!!!!! it was a slap in the face to the entire Yukon and all of those who knew Tanner……and its tax payers dollars that are paying airplane tickets and the total bill for everything….

Tanner's life had a $25.000 fee placed on it and it did not have to be paid to the best of my knowledge .

06-Jun-15
Sad news Brent but i bet my last dollar this lowlife addict will only hang himself in short order and be back in the court system.

06-Jun-15
How could they possibly let him out of jail?

07-Jun-15
Buy life insurance on that guy.....

08-Jun-15

Brent, justice will be served the proper way.

Please remember that the best thing you can do for your son, is to be there for his family.

Dirt bags always get what dirt bags deserve, one way or another.

08-Jun-15
terrible all around, a real nightmare

Prayers and best Wishes for the Sinclairs and all Tanner's loved ones

This Topic has been locked. Thank you.

• Sitka Gear