midwest 27-Jul-14
bigguy 28-Jul-14
Cheque 28-Jul-14
coelker 28-Jul-14
fubar racin 28-Jul-14
TD 29-Jul-14
fubar racin 29-Jul-14
19-Jul-14
Having never hunted antelope, but planning to go this Sep., I was wondering if there are any sounds you can make to stop an antelope that is walking. Like a grunt or a whistle you might do to stop a whitetail.

19-Jul-14
The sound from my 7STW stops them. You might also pick up one of those Antelope calls. I think they imitate a doe/fawn.

19-Jul-14
I have never had any luck stopping antelope. Just seems to speed them up. HUNT

19-Jul-14
I've only chased them two years... but my experience with antelope mirrors Hunters... I think the only way to get a shot on an antelope is to stay out of sight and be completely quiet, anything else will send them out of the country at mach 3 speeds.

19-Jul-14
Antelope mostly depend on their eyesight. If they are calm and haven't sensed any danger any faint noise might get their attention and spark their curiosity. The most common vocal noise I've heard from antelope is snorting when they spot danger...which may send them running towards the horizon. I've never heard it before but I'm sure fawn's likely scream when caught by an eagle or coyote. The old timers used to "flag" antelope with a white handcurchief back in the good ole days. That may work? I've gotten curious bucks to come in fairly close but not within bow range by flagging.

19-Jul-14
Flagging will get you a ticket in co iv use d a real faint whistle to stop them before

19-Jul-14
The antelope calls make the sound of a rutting bucks 'challenge' to other bucks. A faint noise may stop them but they are generally pretty skittish.

19-Jul-14
Whistling works, don't know why, but it does work. Just a steady tone

19-Jul-14
"Bang"

19-Jul-14
"The sound from my 7STW stops them."

Haha my dad loved that number. 628 yards, but he was good.

19-Jul-14
I always holler " Whoa, goat ! " . They mostly stop after a mile or so......

20-Jul-14
Cow elk talk may stop them, but really, anything within bow range that makes noise will likely make them kick it into overdrive.

20-Jul-14
Ive used the antelope call if they are walking they usually stop and turn towards u

26-Jul-14
X2...bang.

27-Jul-14
"Flagging will get you a ticket in co"

Really? Why's that?

28-Jul-14
My old snuffers used to whistle but they stopped them every time!

28-Jul-14
I hunted them last year for the first time and from my limited experience any sounds just made them shift up a gear or two. My whitetail instincts didn't pay off.

28-Jul-14
How do you figure flagging will get you a ticket in CO?

Iif they are moving because you bumped them then nothing will get me to stop. I have had luck making a snort weeze sound like their snorts when they do not know I am around.

One thing, in my experience they will turn square on when they hear it...

28-Jul-14
I figure It will get you a ticket because the Warden told me so

29-Jul-14
You can't decoy in CO???

Must be a rifle thing....

29-Jul-14
You can decoy durring archery it was the white flag that we were talking about not sure what the difference is but that's the info I was givin

• Sitka Gear