Arrowflinger 22-Jul-14
milnrick 23-Jul-14
Bou'bound 23-Jul-14
patdel 23-Jul-14
Bou'bound 25-Jul-14
20-Jul-14
I have muzzy's

20-Jul-14
You have asked the million dollar question. I'll contribute my 2 cents.

Two special tools are very helpful. First is a arrow end square up tool. Useful getting raw shafts square and inserts after installed squared too.

Second tool is a quality shaft true spin jig. Quality ones have bearings allowing the arrow to spin easily.

With broadhead installed, spin an arrow. It should have zero wobble.

Old school way was to use sandpaper and simply spin the arrow till it didn't wobble.

20-Jul-14
Worry about that after you get your bow tuned!

20-Jul-14
Research bow to bareshaft paper tune also.

Maybe someone that lives near you can teach you how to do lots of this archery stuff.

Post a thread on your town/ city where you live asking for a mentor? I'd help, but your too far away.

20-Jul-14
I shot muzzy's for 20 years. I loved them. But I switched because I got sick of tuning them. Great heads once you get them tuned but tuning can be tricky. I would actually buy several packs and use the ones that didn't pass as practice heads.

20-Jul-14
That's it, more important to make sure your 'bow' is tuned, then work on Broadheads...As for Broadhead's weigh, spin test and shoot...

20-Jul-14
You don't "tune" broadheads. Best you can have for a broadhead is properly spined shafts,a good helical/offset fletching job and a head that spins perfectly with no wobble. That's it.

The rest is tuning the bow so the arrow comes off the bow as perfectly straight as possible. That is the key to shooing fixed blade broadheads.

Do a search one tuning here and you will have a day or two's worth of reading.

A tuned bow will shoot pretty much any well built arrow with a quality head.

The term broadhead tuning maybe confusing. It is a method of adjusting (tune) your bow so it shoots broadhead groups to the same spot as field point groups. But really there are no adjustments a person can make to broadheads other than making sure they spin perfectly

20-Jul-14
I agree withTD somewhat. I tell ya what to do. Shoot Ulmer's Edge's & forget about it!!

20-Jul-14
Go to AT and search for the topic "broad head tuning day" or something like that. It's one of the best broadhead tuning tutorials with pics that I have ever used.

20-Jul-14
http://www.goldtip.com/arrowperformance.aspx?coid=14

http://www.3riversarchery.com/Large+Spin+Tester_i5620_baseitem.html

Ive also found some carbon arrows to be crooked, even the expensive ones. I guess QC sometimes slips?

21-Jul-14
I Finely GOT MY ARROW AND BRADHEADS LINE UP WITH THEM self'S

22-Jul-14
Use Slick trick. IMO they are the best flying fixed head. Closest to a field tip and very sharp and durable.

I tested Muzzy myself against slick trick and several others and muzzy did not hold up as well.

22-Jul-14
muzzys are go decent head, but the chisle tip is not as good as a COC. kyle you will have better luck with other heads.

what model of muzzy are you trying to tune.

22-Jul-14
Get some Thunderhead broadheads made by NAP. If your bow is tuned they will shoot for you. good Quality head that has stood the test of time!

23-Jul-14
I think the key to tuning your broadheads are to first have your bow tuned making sure your arrows are flying straight.

If you're a DIY person, I recommend you download Easton's Tuning Guide and follow their instructions. If you're someone who doesn't have the time, contact a reputable Archery Pro Shop and have them give you 'supertune' (I'm not sure if Korbin still does it, but he's a real 'Ace' at getting bows to shoot straight).

Next - as Bou'bound said, Muzzy makes a decent head, but the earlier styles with trocar tips don't seem as efficient as cut-on-contact. If you're using the earlier model broadheads you may want to consider transitioning to a COC.

23-Jul-14
Kyle where are you Man all this help and we're not getting any feedback you still out there buddy

23-Jul-14

patdel's embedded Photo
patdel's embedded Photo
Tune your bow. Paper, walk back, and play with your nock point until arrows hit the same vertical spot at 10 and 20 yards. The broadheads will go where they are supposed to if your form is good. I spent a lot of time playing with this the past couple weeks. I got pretty frustrated and had to start over a few times. Cleaned up some form issues as well.

50 yards. 2 field points, 1 muzzy. I think I'm ready.

25-Jul-14
Kyle you still out there? Oh where oh where have you gone. Kind of like a candle on he wind. Four strange posts one morning and then up and poof like a fart in the breeze.

• Sitka Gear