Medicinemann 26-Jul-14
arlone 26-Jul-14
Mule Power 27-Jul-14
Swamp Buck 27-Jul-14
wyobullshooter 28-Jul-14
Ollie 28-Jul-14
Three Fingers 28-Jul-14
22-Jul-14
Looking for a new read. Have been getting petersons bow hunting for about 10 years and am getting increasingly tired of the endless ads and all the crossbow stuff. Suggestions?

Craig

22-Jul-14
couldn't tell ya..."Playboy" ain't what it used to be and "Maxim" is too "metro"

22-Jul-14
Eastmans BHJ is still a good read.

22-Jul-14
I get EBJ, EHJ, Western Hunter, Elk Hunter, and Huntin Fool. They are all good but greeting tired of Huntin Fool.

22-Jul-14
They're all going to have lots of ads because they have to survive in a highly competitive environment and pay the staff and writers.

I still get Maxim so I can keep up with what the Other side is doing. Plus, they have some great stories.

22-Jul-14
Deer & Deer Hunting, Whitetail Journal

22-Jul-14
Deer & Deer Hunting

African Hunting Gazette (if you are in to African hunting)

22-Jul-14
Western Hunter and Elk hunter Magazine are very good

22-Jul-14
Bowhunter Magazine

22-Jul-14
Hard to beat, Extreme Elk Magazine....

22-Jul-14
Extreme Elk, P&Y and Eastmans are the only ones I still get.

22-Jul-14
Bugle for RMEF members. Also get EBJ and Bowhunter. I need to subscribe to others, but I seem to buy every bowhunting rag on the newsstand too.

22-Jul-14
Unfortunately most of the mags have ads galore and bowhunter is. One of the top. A few articles spread out over hundreds of ads with plenty of x-bows. Deer and deer hunting is one of the better one.

22-Jul-14
Deer and Deer hunting (just ignore the moon phase stuff...) :-)

22-Jul-14
Extreme Elk is the best I've found. Great magazine.

22-Jul-14
Extreme Elk! Just finished the new Fall Edition! Ready to read it again. You cannot go wrong.

22-Jul-14
Western Hunter and Elk Hunter are both excellent. I also enjoy Hunting Illustrated, EHJ, EBJ. I get a little tired of tons and tons of stories in the EHJ/EBJ with not as many actual articles, and this is where Western Hunter/Elk Hunter and Hunting Illustrated slightly excel over Eastman's in my opinion. I get a little weary of everyone's hunting stories as they all start sounding similar to me - "I finally, after 62 years of applying, drew a coveted (hate that word when used in this context) AZ strip tag ..." etc. I prefer a magazine that has more gear reviews and advice from people who live and breathe hunting and have access to more gear than I do; you get more of that with Western/Elk Hunter magazines, and I prefer them to the Eastman's stuff for that reason. Eastman's does have a useful MRS section (worth the price of the subscription) in the back that is helpful for the 4-6 months of the year as people are working on figuring out their applications. After the draws are done, the MRS becomes somewhat less helpful, but it still has useful things at times. I subscribe to about 8 different hunting-related magazines, and I enjoy Western Hunter and Elk Hunter magazines the most, and they are very reasonably priced as well.

22-Jul-14
I'm a Traditional Bowhunter Mag fan. Anything E. Donnell Thomas is part of I'll read...

22-Jul-14
Thanks for the suggestions everyone

22-Jul-14
Extreme elk and Western Hunter are my favorite.

22-Jul-14
Exreme Elk, Elk Hunter, EBJ, EHJ, Western Hunter are all good reads. I enjoy Traditional Bowhunter as well. Like posted earlier EHJ and EBJ can get a little overdone with the stories that all sound the same but still good reads.

22-Jul-14
Extreme elk, traditional bowhunter, and my FAVE-FFG. Fur fish and Game has taken over top billing for me.

Reading about hunting deer doesn't have the same draw it used to.

22-Jul-14
Traditional Bowhunter

22-Jul-14
Just got my first extreme elk magazine.......im not even and elk hunter and this is the best put together magazine I have seen in a while......looking forward to the rest!

22-Jul-14
Traditional bowhunter

22-Jul-14
Try this one: http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Petersen%27s+Bowhunting-p21555

or this one: http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Petersen%27s+Bowhunting-p21555

22-Jul-14
The other TBM, Traditional Bowhunter Magazine. No crossbows there, just checkout an issue, I read it and enjoyed it even before I had a trad bow glimmer in my eyes!

22-Jul-14
Other than my Conservation Group magazines that come with the membership like RMEF, Wild Sheep, RMBS, Long Hunter, P&Y, B&C then--Elk Hunterm EBJ and Extreme Bow Hunter mags.

Good Luck, Robb

23-Jul-14
Taking your advice guys and just subscribed to Extreme Elk!!

23-Jul-14
Another vote for Traditional Bowhunter. They have great stories even if you have never owned a stickbow. It tends to carry down to earth articles and stories as opposed to the "Hey Look at ME!" other magazines tend to dwell on.

24-Jul-14
Bowhunter and Trad Bowhunter

24-Jul-14
Bugle, EBJ & Extreme Elk

24-Jul-14
Extreme Elk magazine. By far the best magazine that has landed in my mailbox! You won't be disappointed.

24-Jul-14
For the best writing and story telling "Grays Sporting Journal" is head and shoulders above all others and it's not even close.

That said I also subscribe to many of the others listed above and enjoy different aspects of each.

24-Jul-14
Western Hunter & Elk Hunter Magazine.

24-Jul-14
I might subscribe to Traditional Bowhunter just to escape the crossbow articles.

24-Jul-14
TBM is the best bowhunting mag out there

25-Jul-14
Big Buck Magazine is one of the best out there,short stories with amazing photo's.

25-Jul-14
Traditional Bowhunter

25-Jul-14
Bow and Arrow Hunting Magazine. Editor is Joe Bell and has some great tech stuff as well as mostly western hunts. There are still some Whitetail stories, but for the most part it's western and alpine hunts.

26-Jul-14

Rayzor's Link
South Pacific Bowhunter now available here in the US. Hands down the best bowhunting mag in the industry in my opinion. Published a couple time a year some some of the best photography, print quality and articles you'll find.

26-Jul-14
P&Y Ethic... Ed F

26-Jul-14
Another vote for South Pacific Bowhunter.....heck of a magazine, Antonio (Lara)!!

26-Jul-14
If you have any interest in traditional/primitive archery I would recommend Traditional Bow Hunter, TradArcher's World Nd Primitive Archer. I still get Bowhunter but it isn't M.R.'s magazine anymore!! No crossbow stories yet, but the adds are mutipling. I am a PBS member, so also get there quarterly mag.

27-Jul-14
Surprised to see only a single mention of Bugle magazine. Kill two birds with one stone: Join the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, support a good cause AND get what has to be one of the best magazines out there. Not trying to sell anything in the articles. Just really good material. Like a breath of fresh air. Try it & I bet you'll renew your subscription.

27-Jul-14
Extreme Elk

28-Jul-14
I've reduced my reading to 4 magazines. In no particular order they are Bugle, Bow & Arrow, EBJ, and Extreme Elk.

28-Jul-14
Traditional Bowhunter. Membership magazines for P&Y and PBS. You will find crossbow advertisement in every mainstream bowhunting magazine that I am aware of.

28-Jul-14
Bear Hunting Magazine. Covers all aspects of bear hunting. Very good read.

• Sitka Gear