Baggr01 27-Jul-14
cityhunter 27-Jul-14
ColoradoHunter 31-Jul-14
CAS_HNTR 31-Jul-14
archerD 31-Jul-14
archerD 31-Jul-14
bugslinger 31-Jul-14
22-Jul-14
I just bought some to give em a go and they fly absolutely perfect. They look so nasty too...I'm almost scared to have em around my bow because they look so unruly I may catch a bowstring. I might switch but as usual my slick tricks are flying perfect and I've shot those for 7 or 8 years.

22-Jul-14
Been curious about these as well. Anyone got any good kill pics?

23-Jul-14
I used them last year but will not use them again. They are scary sharp I'll give them that. What I didn't like about them is the hinged blades. They always loosened up in my quiver so when I would string one up, one or more of the blades would be hanging loose. It was easy enough to tighten them back up - just a pain in the butt. The tips of the blades seem to bend easy also.

23-Jul-14
I have never personally used them.

However, a guy at the bow shop has been using them since they entered the market. I have seen some of his photos of kills and they did a number on an animals he has shot. The seem to be fairly tough for their construction design. I cannot make any comments on how they handle bone.

23-Jul-14
I've had good luck with my Ramcat's and they are very effective. I would just add that they can be a bit tricky in your quiver. I've found that they have a tendency to get caught up with the blades of the adjacent arrow(s). Not a show stopper, but it is an added hassle (albeit minor - IMHO).

For me they fly just like my field points out of the packaging and do some nasty damage.

I have had one with a blade that came loose (like beckerbulldog mentioned), but it was just the one and I have a lot of hours of carrying them and dragging them through thick cover etc ... I have bent blades, but only from practicing with them, never from an animal in the field. As one would expect from a a broadhead that isn't truly fixed in nature, you have to be careful pulling them from a target. I don't think it's practical to make a fixed / practice version ... so to me it means I minimize the number of times I shoot them at non breathing targets ... which is fine given how they fly for me (FWIW).

24-Jul-14
A guy at my club took one last year Gnarly hole and a huge amount of blood. Short recovery as well

24-Jul-14

ColoradoHunter's embedded Photo
ColoradoHunter's embedded Photo
I've been shooting them since 2010. They fly better than any head I've ever shot, and hit right with my FP's. Out of 5 bows I've set them up in, I have yet to make an adjustment to any of them when switching from FP's to the Ramcat. They shot with FP's to 60 yards out of each bow and a couple I've shot to 80 with FP's. The blades will come loose, a dab of Locktight takes care of it. Great penetration, shot from the hind quarter to the brisket on a warthog in SA with a 60# bow, and the blood trails are impressive. I don't plan on shooting anything but Ramcats unless they come out with a better head. Here is my 2011 Ramcat elk kill.

26-Jul-14
I switched to them two years ago. Got my first pass through on a bull elk. I'm shooting the 125's though. No problems so far. Bob.

27-Jul-14
I used the 125 last year in Africa taking seven different animal with none needing additional shots or much tracking for that matter. The blood trails were good to excellent and generally fairly short. I had complete pass throughs on five of the seven animals including kudu and zebra. The other two stopped when hitting the offside shoulders. Extremely accurate for me, impacting the same as field points.

The cons: - They don't easily fit in most standard quivers. The company is coming out with their own customized Ramcat quiver within the next 30 days. I'll be getting one. - The tips bend rather easily going through animals. It doesn't seem to affect penetration or blood trails and they are designed to be replaceable anyway, which I take advantage of. - Since the blades sweep back over the arrow shaft, you may need to shoot slightly longer arrows, say 1/2"-3/4" longer to keep the blades out of your riser. I've gone to longer shafts to solve the issue but was originally able to use shorter shafts by carefully indexing the broadhead so that it would not come in contact with my riser. - Blades coming loose. I've just not had issues with the newer models since they began using screws with reverse threads.

These are really great broad heads that just work in the areas that we bow hunters need the most: accurate, deep penetrating, large wound channels, strong blood trails and short tracking jobs.

27-Jul-14
colohunter great bull were did u hit him with that ramcat. Can someone post pics of this BH.

31-Jul-14
cityhunter, it was a double lung hit about two inches above the heart. Clipped one rib going in and the Ramcat stopped when it hit the ball joint dead center on the far shoulder blade. Left a blood trail a blind man could follow.

31-Jul-14

CAS_HNTR's embedded Photo
CAS_HNTR's embedded Photo

31-Jul-14
Worked well for me!

31-Jul-14

archerD's embedded Photo
archerD's embedded Photo
Worked well for me!

31-Jul-14
If I was still shooting a compound there is no other BH I'd be using. I never did shoot an elk with one, I just couldn't get over their superior flight. I used a tight spot quiver and don't seem to remember having any problem with the two.

• Sitka Gear