razorsharp 27-Jul-14
YZF-88 28-Jul-14
razorsharp 28-Jul-14
Ziek 28-Jul-14
Boris 10-Aug-14
Rut Nut 11-Aug-14
Wisconsinnate 11-Aug-14
23-Jul-14
How much helical should be placed on these short vanes.

23-Jul-14
I would say all you can practically get, which isn't much, but seems to get the job done.

23-Jul-14
ditto. valid reply regardless of vane length.

23-Jul-14
All you can get! I use bitz jig

23-Jul-14
Yup ermine, bitz here as well.

23-Jul-14
Blitz

23-Jul-14
Thanks for the help

23-Jul-14
I have three Bitz jigs and you can't get near the helical on Blazers than you can with the Arizona mini. I didn't believe it either until I bought the AZ mini. Ed F

23-Jul-14
So, what vanes do you guy use

23-Jul-14
Use an Arizona E- Z Fletch Mini and you'll have all the helical you'll need. Been using it on my Blazers for years.

23-Jul-14
Same here!

23-Jul-14

bo hntr9's embedded Photo
bo hntr9's embedded Photo
really nice helical with Arizona EZ Fletch Mini

23-Jul-14
X2 BOWUNTR! I have a Bitz and couldn't get a good helical so my pro shop recommended the AZ Mini. Works great, re-fletched all my shafts!

23-Jul-14
Arizona Mini!!!!

Mark

24-Jul-14
AZ mini as well. I have 3 bitz jigs with both helical and straight clamps, but use the mini on blazers and other 2" vanes. Great tool.

24-Jul-14
I like the bitz because I can do 4 fletch. And I make a cleaner job with the bitz. I have the AZ mini too but use the bitz more.

24-Jul-14
Ok, I have the JOJAN Fletcher. I see that you use 4 fletch, do you have ant problems with them? Or just your choice? Do you guys use fletchtite or the super glue stuff?

24-Jul-14
Arizona Mini helped my fixed broadheads fly proper.

24-Jul-14
Bohning Blazer Helix Jig

24-Jul-14
I went to order an AZ EZ mini on eders.com and it doesn't say whether it is right or left helical? How do you tell. Never used this fletcher before. How does it work with FMJ's?

24-Jul-14
razorsharp, the ones I've seen have all been RT Helical. They work great on fmj's.

24-Jul-14
I use the Arizona EZ mini on FMJ's also. Works great.

24-Jul-14
No reason for LH fletch on vanes, only matters with feathers as half the feathers are right hand, half left hand. When I shot feathers you used to be able to get LH feathers on sale a fair amount. =D

The only thing LH fletch will do is unscrew your broadheads when they hit things. Wasn't a problem when they were all glued on though...... although I hear they work best when used in the southern hemisphere.... kinda the way toilets flush....

25-Jul-14
Bohning helix jig made specifically for blazer vanes. Works great. Cleaner than AZ jig but a little more time. I have a Jojan for feathers and other fletching but doesn't work well on blazers

25-Jul-14
"...... although I hear they work best when used in the southern hemisphere.... kinda the way toilets flush...."

:) That's a new one!

25-Jul-14
TD, next you'll be telling us helical doesn't matter in outer space?

Boris, Gorilla super-glue GEL works well on carbon shafts.

Plus, Gorilla glue gel is $5 for .53oz compared to Krazy glue gel at $2 for only .07oz and that is about .20/oz difference. And the larger container is easier to shake/mix to the very end of use.

25-Jul-14
Got the mini fletcher today and it worked great on my fmjs. REALLY puts the spin on my arrows! It seems that my broad heads hit to the right now though?

25-Jul-14
Arizona Mini is one of the best things I have bought. Really helps stabilize that arrow flight. Made a big difference especially at yardage. Nice tight groups and very easy to use.

25-Jul-14
"sold my Bitz."

HERETIC!

26-Jul-14

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo
I like four fletch because he adds more drag and steering power. Yet better clearance and you can nock the arrow any either way. I have found 4 fletch to shoot the arrow slightly better than 3.

Here is 3 vane blazer helical from a bitz jig.

27-Jul-14
well guys i got some of the vanes. I made up 2 arrows with 4 fletch. They are flying like my feathered arrows. Which is great. An that is with broadheads. Thanks for your help.

27-Jul-14
I re-fletched my FMJs with the mini and test fired each of my broad heads to confirm. I shot each arrow separately and it is a good thing or I would be re-fletching them again! At 40 yards my 5 arrow group would have been about two inches. REALLY tightened my groups up!

Great investment in my opinion.

28-Jul-14

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
I use the helical Bitz jig as well.

28-Jul-14
I have the Bitz right helical also but sometimes it puts a vane on almost straight. The Mini does a great job and is very consistant.

28-Jul-14
Non of the clamp style jigs can put as much helical on as the EZ fletch style jigs. Especially on smaller diameter shafts, and get the full length of the base of the vane to contact the shaft for good adhesion. The white Blazers above look like very minor off-set.

10-Aug-14
A really big thanks to all. I did go with the Hoyt Blazes(thats all they had)Put 4 fletch with helical and they shoot like darts, with broadheads. I have a 20 yd pin an I am 3" low at 30yds. Dead-on from point blank to abut 23yds. then they drop-off from there. Quite pleased.

11-Aug-14
Glad to hear you found something that works for you.

I picked up a Bohning Blazer Helical jig awhile ago and finally got to use it. Easiest jig I've ever used! And worked great! Gonna use this from now on when fletching Blazers. Talk about the KISS prinicple! ;-)

11-Aug-14
I would recommend as much as you can get. I use a Bitzenburger with a right helical clamp and it works perfectly.

• Sitka Gear