Zbone 22-Aug-14
dizzydctr 22-Aug-14
Zbone 22-Aug-14
JbuckheadJohn 22-Aug-14
2rope2 22-Aug-14
2rope2 22-Aug-14
Zbone 23-Aug-14
24-Jul-14
My first time trying to kill just grasses and purchased some Clethodim, and been reading notes aquired, and I thought Ammonium sulfate was a adjuvant that can be used as a crop oil, but now learning it is a fertilizer... So does that mean I still have to aquire a crop oil for the Clethodim to work? ...Thanx

24-Jul-14
I would for sure a qt to the acre Lewis

24-Jul-14
Thanks guys... So if I get a spreader adjuvant, should I use the Ammonium sulfate too?

24-Jul-14
http://www.cropsmart.net/Products/Clethodim/CropsmartClethodimLabel2008.pdf

any chemical one buys has a safety data sheet and instruction label.

http://www.cdms.net/labelsmsds/lmdefault.aspx?manuf=137 THAT IS EVERYONE'S HERBICIDE BIBLE

I've been in the crop consulting business for many years and this is my go to site.

Yes, ams is a fertilizer. There is also liquid ams out there that i use to sell to the big acre farmers as it's more economical but i haven't brought it up on sites like this because most of you wouldn't use enough of it to pay. There are also many other tricks and fertilizers one can use to make your herbicide programs more effective but those would be off label recommendations and well, we're only suppose to do as the labels suggest, right?

25-Jul-14
Much obliged folks, thank you...

25-Jul-14
always use what the label says....don't cut corners. There are other alternative solutions that I've posted on here.

I always use a micro nutrient pack with a carrier that contains a natural sticker spreader, adjuvant, tank cleaner, activator. To make any herbicide work best, you want healthy soil, healthy growing plants and great plant coverage.

25-Jul-14
Zbone just curious. What exactly are you targeting with the clethidom? If you spraying clover and trying to kills the grasses. You truly don't have an adjuvant of any kind. But the ammonia sulfate will help the effectiveness of your clethidom as well as an oil. I know almost every chemical label calls for some type of adjuvant to help with effectiveness or to help sequester the water to make it a more neutral PH.

25-Jul-14
Also the rates on clethidom vary from two pound materials to one pound materials. I am guessing you have an generic clethidom and will need to run a pint to the ac. That should take out any grass you need. Worst case is you have to come back to make another application. One pint of clethidom will kill 2 ft tall corn

25-Jul-14
Thanx 2rope2....

I'm trying to kill everything except my established clover...

I applied Butyrac last week to kill the broadleaf weeds...

07-Aug-14
Okay, applied Butyrac 175 mid July (didn't do much to my weeds) then last week applied a mixture of Clethodim 2E and Induce Spreader Adjuvant, along with granular Ammonium Sulfate. This yellowed and browned some or most of my grasses, but I don't believe it was going to kill them, so yesterday evening, I mowed it all down to the lowest mower deck setting and sprayed a mixture of everything all together, Butyrac 175/Clethodim 2E/Induce Spreader Adjuvant/Ammonium Sulfate.

I then repetitively mowed over the clippings to mulch, and today plan on harrowing, and scuffing up the soil...

Question I now have is how long must I wait before seeding with all these herbicides on the ground?

Thanx you any replies...

07-Aug-14
Not sure this is the correct word or term I want to use, but so there is no "residual" effect of these herbicides on seeds?

I understood it to be that way with glyphosate, but wasn't sure with these other type herbicides...

Thanx much all....

07-Aug-14
24d products and dicamba's do have some residual in the soil. The clethodim also has a little soil residual. The clethodim won't hurt the clover. But it might ding up some grasses if you where coming back with wheat or corn. If you need any help send me a pm and I call ya and help,ya out

09-Aug-14
The Butyrac 175/Clethodim 2E/Induce Spreader Adjuvant/Ammonium Sulfate mix worked, killed just about everything, and although wilted some of my clover, much is still alive... Thanx for the info folks...

Yesterday, I seeded purple top turnips, Austrian field peas, and more medium red clover...

21-Aug-14
2rope2 - Boy, you sure were EXACTLY correct....

The Butyrac 175/Clethodim 2E/Induce Spreader Adjuvant/Ammonium Sulfate mix worked and killed just about everything, except my established clover, and the residual in the soil didn't affect my turnip nor clover seeds for they germinated and are growing, but boy it sure put the kibosh to my wheat seeds...

I know it was the herbicide treatment rather than the wheat seeds because I didn't treat a small section and the wheat seeds there sprouted and are growing...

How long must I wait for Butyrac 175/Clethodim 2E herbicide mix to not show any residual affect so I can replant wheat and rye seeds? It's been 12 days since, am I good to go now?

Thanx for any info....

22-Aug-14
Went ahead and seeded the wheat and rye... Ground is wet and all or most seeds are making contact with the soil, so am curious to learn if any residual affect of the herbicides after 12 days...

22-Aug-14
With 2,4 D Amine I recently read you should wait 15 days to plant after spraying 1 pint per acre and 30 days to plant after using a 2 pint per acre application. I don't know if this applies to 2,4 DB[Butyrac]. I have the impression it is not as "hot" as the amine version. Regardless, neither should effect wheat and rye as they are grasses, and I spray 2,4 D Amine over the top of wheat and oats to kill the wild turnips that have threatened to take over some of my fields. I hope this information is correct. I don't have as much experience with Clethodim.

22-Aug-14
Went back over my notes and learned I treated 7/31, so it's been 21 days, hopefully I'm good to go... Will know in about 4 or 5 days...

22-Aug-14
I planted some turnips and radishes about 3 weeks ago in some of my food plots. I noticed there seems to be some grasses growing in with them. Can I spray clethodim to kill the grasses without harming the turnips and radish. Thanks

22-Aug-14
Yes

22-Aug-14
Clethodim kills grasses. It won't kill any broad leaves But be sure to add surfactant . Probably a MSO or some kind of oil to help with efficacy

23-Aug-14
Correction - Reviewed notes again, and herbicide treatment on July 31, then did another treatment on Aug 6th, so it's been 16 days since seeding wheat and rye...

• Sitka Gear