BullHunter 26-Jul-14
Bigdan 26-Jul-14
TD 26-Jul-14
Crockrj 26-Jul-14
Gaur 27-Jul-14
24-Jul-14

Crockrj's embedded Photo
Crockrj's embedded Photo
Just wanted to say hello to all the elk killers on this site. I'll be going on my second elk hunt this September and have been reading all the helpful information on this site. I'll be sure to post some questions leading up to my hunt. Can't wait till September! Attached is a pic of my brother's bull from 2013.

24-Jul-14
My tip would be stay close to your brother:) Good Luck C

24-Jul-14
X2 on that advice charlie. Great bull!

24-Jul-14
Welcome aboard!

24-Jul-14
Yep and yep. Welcome.

24-Jul-14
Ha! We were hunting together. The bull came by me first but presented no shot. There was a rise in the road and all I had was his head and top of the back. As we trailed the herd and finally caught up, he presented my brother a 53 yard shot.

24-Jul-14
"There was a rise in the road and all I had was his head and top of the back"

The fact he shot this caliber bull anywhere near a road is impressive let alone on road. What state?

Sandbrew

24-Jul-14
We were in north west CO on a cattle ranch. The road I mentioned was a ranch road (dirt).

24-Jul-14
Welcome! Congrats to your brother on a great bull.

DJ

24-Jul-14
Great bull. Good luck this fall.

25-Jul-14
Congrats to you and your brother....and welcome aboard!

Mark

25-Jul-14
1) Don't disclose the distance of the shot if it's over 40 yards!

2) I'm only kidding!

If you're new to bowsite get ready to thicken your skin. The truth is though, that this site is a wealth of information and retains some of the greatest experts who share our passion.

Welcome friend!

25-Jul-14
Speakin' of thick skin ... DAMN, nice shot bro!

25-Jul-14
Did I just see that bull in Extreme Elk?

25-Jul-14
Impressive 2nds on that bull. Congrats to your Brother. Any elk with a bow is good one.

Any other angels for pics?

Looks like he might have been laying out overnight with the skiff of snow on his rack leg and body. Long track job or late shot and recovery?

Does his alone ear look droopy to anyone else? ;-)

Sandbrew

25-Jul-14

Crockrj's embedded Photo
Crockrj's embedded Photo
"Looks like he might have been laying out overnight with the skiff of snow on his rack leg and body. Long track job or late shot and recovery?"

My brother hit him mid body (liver) and we waited a few hours before tracking. When found he was barely alive and in some real thick stuff so we backed out and gave him enough time before coming back. It would've been real tough to make a follow up shot and didn't want to bust him out of there. It snowed a little bit while waited. Six hours between shooting and recovery. Here's another angle.

25-Jul-14

Crockrj's embedded Photo
Crockrj's embedded Photo

25-Jul-14
Welcome to bowsite!!

25-Jul-14
Welcome to Bowsite! It's the best hunting site around for sure. I've met a lot of good friends through here and hopefully you will too.

25-Jul-14
Welcome to Bowsite. Nice bull!

25-Jul-14
Were is the bow?

25-Jul-14
I agree with Sandbrew....wicked seconds!

25-Jul-14
Man you were lucky! I have never found an elk the next day dead after a liver shot. Congratulations on a beautiful bull!

26-Jul-14
He said it was 6 hours between shot and recovery. Not the next day.

Welcome to Bowsite. Hope you get your own dandy this fall

26-Jul-14

Crockrj's embedded Photo
Crockrj's embedded Photo
"Were is the bow?"

Leaning up against a tree and not in any of the photos (poor planning on our part). I did manage to find a photo where there is partial arrows and bow in it if that counts. : ) Almost like a where's Waldo?

26-Jul-14
If that was also your brother's 1st elk hunt tell him there's some downhill from there. But there's also some uphill... try a public land mountain hunt! There's more to enjoy about elk hunting than just the dead elk.

26-Jul-14
"If that was also your brother's 1st elk hunt tell him there's some downhill from there. But there's also some uphill... try a public land mountain hunt! There's more to enjoy about elk hunting than just the dead elk."

It's his fourth bull in as many years. We realize what caliber of bull he killed and those opportunities don't come very often, if any. Especially,for us flat landers. I'd love to go on a Do it yourself hunt in a few years. The hunt comes first for me and if I kill an elk, it's icing on the cake. But, on the other hand, those critters are damn tasty!

26-Jul-14
Welcome to the fray!

26-Jul-14
That is a great bull anywhere.....an absolute pig for Colorado. Treat that ranch owner like a favorite uncle- grin

26-Jul-14
What did that big boy end up scoring?

26-Jul-14
I see the bow. Sometimes we just don't think about that kind of stuff. When there's a bull on the ground.

26-Jul-14
Sure nice to see a bow when there's snow on the ground.... =D

Dandy bull. Those seconds are wild.... pretty much make up for those CO thirds.... heheheheh...

Welcome to da bowsite!

26-Jul-14
"What did that big boy end up scoring?"

Never officially scored but a guy at the camp scored him 342" and some change.

27-Jul-14
welcome to the site. Best wishes on your hunt this fall. Last year was my first and it got in my blood as well. Was fortunate to get a younger bull my second day of the hunt.

• Sitka Gear