Contributors to this thread:
Beendare 26-Jul-14
Medicinemann 26-Jul-14
drycreek 26-Jul-14
Woods Walker 26-Jul-14
Woods Walker 26-Jul-14
26-Jul-14

Beendare's Link
Great message by South Cox on Youtube....worth a look, some great footage. Kudos to him for trying to spurn sportsmen into getting along and to get involved

Hat tip to Ryan on another site

26-Jul-14
Agreed. Good message.

26-Jul-14
Yep, agree with almost all of it. The only thing I take issue with, is this: It's not ALL about the journey. Otherwise, we would call it hiking, camping, etc. We are hunters, and as such, we expect to KILL something every now and then. Most of us love the taste of game meat, and they just don't give those straps up, you gotta go take 'em. I don't think any of us go out on any given day and think to ourselves, well I'm just gonna go sit out in the stand with my bow and observe nature. Or, I'm gonna climb this mountain with a forty pound pack carrying my bow up a couple thousand feet in elevation for two or three miles back over those ridges, but I'm not gonna shoot anything. Granted, that's a small part of his message, but a part I ain't in the market for.

26-Jul-14
"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted...If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction from his job." .....Jose Ortega y Gasset, Meditations on Hunting

26-Jul-14

• Sitka Gear