LINK 15-Aug-14
HDE 15-Aug-14
oldgoat 15-Aug-14
carcus 16-Aug-14
2rope2 16-Aug-14
carcus 17-Aug-14
loprofile 20-Aug-14
15-Aug-14
I have been having some shoulder problems (MRI shows bone spurs and osteoarthritus) that have left me suddenly unable to draw my 55 pound recurve or my compound at the same weight. I'm going on physical therapy and plan to be chasing elk on October 1 but would like recommendations on a similar weight bow that's a little easier to draw than my Mathews Z-7.

15-Aug-14
I don't know about the z7 but the new Hoyt are night and day difference from my switchback. Really smooth and at 70lb is nothing to hold back.

15-Aug-14
I would have to echo what LINK said. Hoyt is a very smooth drawing bow and easy to hold. The new cam system is a step above the RKT cam they also carry.

15-Aug-14
Well you shoot both flavors of bows, a high end compound at 40ish pounds will probably equal your recurve at 55# Use trad style two blade heads on heavy arrows from a low poundage compound and don't try to shoot from a mile away and you will be fine.

16-Aug-14
Drop to 40lbs, and go for a 6" brace height bow, it should be as fast as your z7, I'm shooting a chillr and its so smooth and easy to draw with the 85% rock mods, not a screamer but would be faster than a Z7

16-Aug-14
I just bought the chill x and its unbelievably smooth to draw. I am pulling 74 lbs and feels like 60. It is a little longer axle to axle But nice.

17-Aug-14
My chillr is a 70 pounder cranked and it draws easier than my 62lbs darton did, but with the rock mods on its also slower than the darton

20-Aug-14
Borrowed a friend's PSE and cranked it down. Can shoot it at 45 pounds. Taking physical therapy and working out and hope to get over 50 by October 1 NM elk hunt. 5 weeks ago I was shooting Mathews at 65 pounds and recurve at 55. Within 2 weeks time unable to shoot either. Up until last year I would not have considered shooting a compound but now I'm thankful that it is an option. Never say never.

• Sitka Gear