Ermine 20-Aug-14
Vernon Edeler 20-Aug-14
otcWill 20-Aug-14
Cornpone 20-Aug-14
BULL SLINGER 23-Aug-14
Bowboy 23-Aug-14
Vernon Edeler 23-Aug-14
17-Aug-14
Unfortunately I'm saving up my vacation for elk season. I was wondering if anyone in Wyo has noticed bulls starting to scrape velvet?

18-Aug-14

SoDakSooner's embedded Photo
SoDakSooner's embedded Photo
Saw this guy in Oklahoma this weekend. still had his.

Ok, have to fess up...lol. This was in the OKC zoo. Took the kids there for a fun day. Looks like its about ready to start coming off though.

18-Aug-14
SDS I saw that one in May and was curious how he would finish out. If its the same guy he didn't do as good as I thought. Now I don't have to go back. :)

18-Aug-14
YES!!

Sat night, I saw my first stark clean bull. Scraped completely, and he was still working trees over. All his buddies were still furred up, with one a bit bloody. But he looked to have been clean for a few days. Time is short. This is in southern Wyo. Good luck.

18-Aug-14
i was in New mexico this weekend saw several bulls and in person and on trail cam all still had velvet

19-Aug-14
Older bulls may start shedding.

19-Aug-14
Saw a couple yesterday, still in velvet. AZ

20-Aug-14
Glassed up three bulls tonight in Central CO. 5 pt still had velvet. And the two bigger bulls (biggest was 320 ish 6 pt) had velvet scraped off.

20-Aug-14

Vernon Edeler's embedded Photo
Vernon Edeler's embedded Photo
Getting started in Wyoming. A friend of mine sent me this pic of a bull killed a few days ago.

20-Aug-14
Seems most are hard horned already here in CO. My buddy did some scouting in the "go to" otc area this past weekend and even heard two throaty bugles.

20-Aug-14
I hunt the first week of the season in SW Colorado. Mature bulls I see are clean, young bulls still have velvet which is dry but hanging in pieces.

23-Aug-14
Vernon what area in Wyoming is open before September 1st? Big bull but I don't think I would like the velvet.

Slinger

23-Aug-14
Vernon that looks like a Utah bull.

23-Aug-14
Slinger there is one area in Wyoming that opens August 15th with a limited quota type 9 tag. These guys hunt that area every year they can draw a tag for it.

Bowboy what distinguishing mark makes you think it is a Utah bull? Ha! Ha! No that bull was killed right here in Wyoming buddy.

Vernon

• Sitka Gear