turkeyhunter 19-Aug-14
Teeton 20-Aug-14
Callingalldeer 21-Aug-14
Bou'bound 21-Aug-14
TSI 21-Aug-14
turkeyhunter 21-Aug-14
TSI 21-Aug-14
18-Aug-14
Premier announces Spring 2015 Wild Turkey Season. At the Canadian Wild Turkey Federation "CWTF" Banquet in Riverview/Moncton Saturday night to a packs room, the Premier announced that there will be a 2015 spring wild turkey season. This will be welcome news to the spring bear hunters as well, hunt turkeys in the morning and bears in the evening.....Details to follow on this announcement.

18-Aug-14
I love hunting turkey's and I have an old sxs Churchill that is deadly on them .Yeha . brent

18-Aug-14
Havent received any info of any kind as of yet,Government actually never contacted us on any of the resent changes and we would be one of the largest outfits in NB.

19-Aug-14

turkeyhunter's embedded Photo
turkeyhunter's embedded Photo
TSI...From what I hear it was a great event. Read the front page of the Moncton, NB news Paper yesterday....Larry Adair was on hand for the support and announcement. He as well won great over and under 20 gauge shot gun and offer support to CWTF for future hunt donations (bear) to support Canadian Wild Turkey Federation (not-for-profit). If your interested in supporting CWTF, PM me and I will get you in touch with the main guys in NB.

19-Aug-14
Larry wins every contest he enters!

19-Aug-14
Turkey hunting coming to N.B Times & Transcript (Moncton) Mon Aug 18 2014 Page: A1 Section: Main Byline: james foster Times & Transcript

For decades, New Brunswick hunters have travelled to places like Ontario and Maine and invested big money to hunt wild turkeys.

Premier David Alward says that will change in the spring of 2015, when New Brunswick will implement its own hunting season for wild turkeys.

"While work is ongoing on when and how to best develop a wild turkey population in the province," Alward told the inaugural banquet of the Canadian Wild Turkey Federation on Saturday in Riverview, "tonight I am pleased to announce that we are implementing a limited-entry draw for a turkey hunt in New Brunswick."

The Wild Turkey Federation has striven for years to encourage the conservation and management of wild turkeys in New Brunswick, including a hunting season that will be designed to grow the province's turkey population while allowing the opportunity to hunt the big birds on a limited basis.

Contrary to their reputations, wild turkeys are cagey quarry with sharp eyesight and an innate nervousness that prompts them to take flight like a dart at the slightest hint of a threat, and the challenge of outwitting them is why hundreds of New Brunswick hunters flock outside the province to hunt them in states and provinces that already enjoy a season.

The federation has lobbied in favour of a season for years, arguing it will bring out-of-province hunters to New Brunswick and boost hunting-related tourism by both New Brunswick hunters and out-of-province visitors beyond the peak summer tourist season. Outfitters who cater to out-of-province hunters will also benefit because they will have another offering for their clients besides the spring bear hunt. In many places, outfitters take their sports on a turkey hunt in the morning, then take them bear hunting in the evening.

Turkey-bear outfitter packages have proven very popular in places where the seasons run parallel to each other, which is what could be the case in New Brunswick in 2015, though no season dates have been announced yet.

The term "limited-draw entry" means that for conservation purposes, only a restricted number of turkey licences will be issued, and hunters will enter a draw in the hopes of winning the privilege of purchasing one. The number of licences and the cost have yet to be worked out.

Many wild turkeys in New Brunswick are pen-raised birds that were released by well-meaning people who raised them. The federation discourages that practice while promoting true wild turkeys, most of which have crossed into the province from Maine, where the birds, and the turkey hunting industry, are thriving. Being immigrants from Maine, most true wild turkeys are found west of the St. John River, though not all of them. Pockets of turkeys live near Mary's Point in Albert County, near Beaumont in Westmorland County and in particular around the Grand Lake area, though it is thought most of those birds were pen raised.

Initial efforts to establish a larger population of wild turkeys in the province involved a plan to import birds, with much or all of the cost being absorbed by the Turkey Federation. That caused some concern among those who feared introducing a new species to the province - some proponents argue turkeys are not a new species but were once native to the province - and among farmers who feared crop damage. Once the idea of importing turkeys was put on the back burner, much of the opposition to a turkey hunt evaporated.

Much work remains to hammer out the details of what will be the first new-species hunting season introduced in New Brunswick in living memory.

"And I give you my commitment tonight that we'll continue to work together on developing a wild turkey hunt in this province," Alward said in the written text of his speech obtained by the Times & Transcript.

Alward painted his government as supporters of the province's sizable hunting and fishing communities. So far during this mandate, the Conservatives took measures to make it easier for those who have gone a long time without being drawn for a moose licence to win the privilege of buying a licence, lengthened the moose season, allowed the use of crossbows in almost all hunting seasons, extended the bear season and allowed successful bear hunters to buy a second bear licence. On the fishing front, the Tories implemented measures to allow anglers to make greater use of the Crown waters system and reduced the cost of fishing those waters at certain times of the year.

20-Aug-14
This is great. I have a friend (Tom) from up there that's going to be very happy. You guys are doing to have ball hunting them. Congrats New Brunswick! ! So who will be the first to get one with the bow? ?? Ed

21-Aug-14
Will you need a licence to kill the domestic running wild.? Most places don't want them mixing with the wild stock.

21-Aug-14
Are new Brunswick turkey smarter than Alabama turkey

21-Aug-14
Alabama Turkeys are alot smarter than NB politicians!

21-Aug-14
From what I hear their will be limited lottery draw for Spring 2015 wild turkeys through NB.....Outfitters will have the opportunity to spring turkey hunt in the morning and bear hunt in the evening....This would make for a great combo hunt as a lot of people hunt spring turkeys. I'm looking forward to seeing the final plan for spring 2015.

21-Aug-14
I will be surprised if outfitters get tags for the first turkey season,tags will be scarce to begin with and im sure residents will get priority.We will have to wait and see but i wouldnt assume anything at this point,fact is turkeys are still very scarce in NB.The announcement comes with lots of hype and little luster,its election time!My thoughts are that the pen raised birds are the focus and its likely more of a cull than a hunt.Hopefully the talk of wild transferred birds is in the works.The goal first ofv should be introduction but my guess the pen raised birds are not desired and they must go first.The combo oportunity is likely still years away as a viable hunt.Realisticly speaking,and will the present government still be in power to see this through remains to be seen.

• Sitka Gear