moosenelson 19-Aug-14
IaHawkeye 19-Aug-14
smarba 19-Aug-14
Coyote 65 19-Aug-14
CTCrow 19-Aug-14
moosenelson 19-Aug-14
IaHawkeye 20-Aug-14
19-Aug-14
Anyone tried it for your camping/backpacking food?

Hows it taste?

Pros/cons?

heres a couple links

http://www.costco.com/227-Servings-of-EasyPrep-Meals-%2526- More-Entree-Bucket.product.100128973.html

http://www.costco.com/200-Total-Servings-of-Variety-Entree- Food-Storage.product.100014696.html

19-Aug-14
I don't buy anything from Costco as they are anti-gun !!!! At my local store it says fire arms are prohibited' When I asked about it at customer service, guy said it was corporate policy. They don't get any of my hard earned dollars !!!!!!!!!!!

19-Aug-14
Typical Bowsite - off track on the very first reply.

I have never tried these. Seem tad expensive for initial payment, but super cheap for the number of servings. Perhaps get with a buddy or two and divvy up the bucket to give them a try? Or alternatively buy now and they will last for many hunting seasons.

My main problem with multi-packs is typically I don't like spicy foods, so for instance the Mountain House box of meals I only like less than half of them.

----------------------------------

With regards to "firearms prohibited" that is a common CYA sign on many stores (Wal-Mart, etc.) There is no teeth in those signs so long as you have a CC license. All they can do is ask you to leave. It's not breaking an law to enter. And of course if you're CC then nobody would ever know you're carrying in the first place.

Stupid/naive to post those signs as all it does is deter the good guys with guns.

19-Aug-14
Costco is not anti-gun in Texas and AZ. No signs in either state.

I am betting the corporate policy answer is just so they don't have to justify why.

19-Aug-14
The choices suck!

Lunch and Dinners

•Lasagna (27 servings)

•Sweet & Sour Rice (27 servings)

•Chicken Flavored Rice (32 servings)

•Long Grain Rice (25 servings)

•Pilot Bread Crackers (25 servings)

•Macaroni Noodles (22 servings)

It's all rice and pasta.

19-Aug-14
Ya the choices kinda suck. They have a meat one I think.

Soooo, no one has had them?

20-Aug-14
Samarba' Don't agree. I would like people informing me about such things before I spend my money. Could be interpreted as off topic I guess but that was a crappy way of putting it !

• Sitka Gear