DP 19-Aug-14
Teeton 20-Aug-14
R. Hale 20-Aug-14
'Ike' (Phone) 20-Aug-14
Russ Koon 20-Aug-14
OdinsEdge 20-Aug-14
Pat C. 20-Aug-14
19-Aug-14
Hi All,, Every year I buy 2 bic lighters for my trips/season. Do any of you know of a lighter that is a disposable that has a safety on it so when in pack it dose not get pushed and drained... Thanks Ed

19-Aug-14
Why not get those small bic lighters, and put them in a 35mm film canister? You should be able to put two in there and not worry about about getting drained. And even if they won't fit in a film canister, maybe a pill bottle. Throw in a cotton ball or two to keep them from rattling, and you have tinder at your fingers should you need. them.

19-Aug-14
ever consider a Zippo, with a can of fuel and a couple extra flints?

19-Aug-14
You can try wrapping a thick twist tie, rubber band or tape under the tab.

20-Aug-14
Thanks guys.. I have the small bic's they don't fit in a the small film canisters, unless there's a smaller bic?

I remember years ago a lighter with a safety lock on them. It would now let you push the fuel button down till you unlocked it. Ed

20-Aug-14
You should consider the tiny, refillable butane torches that are out there now. Duluth trading Co has them. Amazing. Has cover for protection. About the size of a hickory nut. Big heat.

20-Aug-14
Ahhhh, maybe that's what happen to mine...Glad I checked before season and wondered why it was empty! Damn!

20-Aug-14
I like the Ronson butane lighters. They have the outer case with the lid that flips open like the conventional Ronsons and Zippos, but use butane fuel. Well protected in the pocket or pack, and the flame is very windproof and hotter than the regular lighters. Great for starting tinder that is hard to start with a regular Bic.

I always carry two, as I did have one quit working for no reason that I could ever determine. Didn't want that to happen when I was miles from nowhere and NEEDED it.

I've done some soldering of wires with them, they sound like a tiny jet!

I think they were about $5 each. Found them at the Walmart checkout line.

20-Aug-14
I bought a 2 pack of Bics and left them in the package.

20-Aug-14
Iv had the same Bic in my pack for two years, it's in a outer pouch and don't have any probs with it.

• Sitka Gear