R. Hale 20-Aug-14
Bigred 20-Aug-14
AntlergeekAdam 20-Aug-14
jer 20-Aug-14
snapcrackpop 21-Aug-14
SteveB 21-Aug-14
jer 21-Aug-14
19-Aug-14
What settings do you guys use on your go pro? wanting best I can I have it set at 1080 60fps narrow right now but wanting feed back on go pro experts cause iv had it for about 5 minutes

20-Aug-14
Not an expert but I have used them before. Unless you plan on holding out for a shot under 5 yards its going to be really hard to see. Id recommend trying it out on the 3d range and find the setting you like best.

20-Aug-14
Heck, I've had mine for 8 months and still figuring it out. Guess I need to ask my 6 year old granddaughter for help.

20-Aug-14
Been playing with mine for a few months. I have mine setup the same as yours. I have tried all the other settings, but the Narrow seems to be the best for reaching out. 20 yards is a long way to take a picture. It works, but closer is better. I have the Hero+ Black.

Off subject... how is the color and white balance. Mine is terrible compared to my i-phone.

20-Aug-14
I only hunted one that a guy lost on my farm. Looked for a few days. Found it the next spring where a coyote had ran off with it. I used no special settings, just did it like shed hunting or tracking up a poacher.

20-Aug-14
Im not really using mine to capture the kill but more of less pov, on hunter stuff like that I have a big camera to do my close shots

20-Aug-14
The wider angle settings make the image look farther away. Using mine mounted on my bow while shooting fish I have it set on medium FOV because the shots are closer and you can still see the fish on the video. Mounted to my stabilizer when hunting deer and other animals I have it set on Narrow field of view to bring the image closer. If its mounted on your bow while shooting just make sure to hold the bow up and out after you shoot, otherwise you'll loose the subject after the shot.

20-Aug-14
I got rid of the standard fish eye lens on my GoPro.Now when you have an object at 20 yards like a deer or turkey it no longer looks like its at 60 yards and you can use the wide angle settings and get some quality footage. Didnt take but maybe half an hour to replace the old lens.Do a search on YouTube and you can get all the info on it.

21-Aug-14
Just purchased a Sony action cam (as30v). Cant wait to try it out on a bear!

21-Aug-14
Jer, can you give more info on the lens?

21-Aug-14

jer  's embedded Photo
jer  's embedded Photo
I went with a 12.oomm f/1.6 30 HFOV 2mp lens from peauproductions.com for about $85.00. You can replace the lens yourself or send your gopro in and have them do it. Sure wish I would have got this hunt on camera!lol

• Sitka Gear