Woods Walker 22-Aug-14
razorhead 23-Aug-14
LBshooter 23-Aug-14
Ole Coyote 23-Aug-14
Hammer 23-Aug-14
razorhead 23-Aug-14
Hammer 23-Aug-14
20-Aug-14
Scent lok clothing? fact or fiction? does it really work??

20-Aug-14
Sure it does! I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona that you might be interested in too.

But it does work...at taking your $$$.

20-Aug-14
Theres a lot of technology out there that helps to a certain extent. Will it kill all scent no. Can you do everything in your power to be as scent free as possible Yes!

20-Aug-14
FACT: It takes a dryer that can get to at least 1200 degrees Fahrenheit to reactivate carbon. If you COULD find a dryer that could get that hot it'd leave the clothing burnt to a crisp.

So the clothes dry reactivation is a lie, just like the initial Scent Lok advertising claim of "Kills 100% of scent 100% of the time."

That's right up there with, "If you like your health plan/doctor you can keep your health plan/doctor."

If you want to use it because it makes you FEEL like you're more scent free, then by all means go for it. But it's an awfully expensive "magic feather"!!!

20-Aug-14
It is crap. Hot, does not work. Do not waste your money!

21-Aug-14
Save your money.

21-Aug-14
I have said this before. This garmit is in China being produced in a factory with all kinds of oder.

It is packaged by a person that could smell like; cigarettes, beer, pastrami ect.

It is shipped with who knows what.

It is stored in a ware house with who knows what.

It is then hung in a store where it is handled by people that have all kinds of oder on them.

Now you purchase this garmit and it already has the oder of the world on it.

Also think of this. If it worked so well; why do drug smugglers not use ii to ship their contraban?

21-Aug-14
So you spend a lot of money on all kinds of products that claim to stop all kinds of body odors but you all forget one thing. Most of your odor is coming from your breath. So whether it works or not, you're still wasting your money.

21-Aug-14
My brother in law has scent Lok, I have Scent Blockers, does it work, I dont care. I bought it on sale at the end of the year clearance and the quality of the garment and pants far surpass the other options at the same price point. I hunt the wind but the stuff is comfortable and so far durable.

21-Aug-14
Does not work but the quality of the clothing is good!

21-Aug-14
If you believe,it will work. Remember, forget about the wind and just hunt. Best marketing scam ever, Makes Barry Madoff look like an amateur. I wonder if ozonics is marketed by the same guy?

21-Aug-14
Here we go again... It does not work. Field & Stream proved it doesn't work - twice. Unless you are going to hunt in a bubble with some sort of rebreather, common sense will tell you that it cannot work. I have had young bucks walk within several feet of me and I was not wearing scent lok. It depends on the wind and or what smells the deer are afraid of.

21-Aug-14
FACT: It takes a dryer that can get to at least 1200 degrees Fahrenheit to reactivate carbon. Thats funny when i work at a seed co. we took the carbon filters out on the sprayer cabs and washed them out let them dry and they kept right on working! We didn't have to reactivate them! And yes you couldn't smell the spray in the cab.

21-Aug-14
Mine works just fine. All these guys are just jealous that they can't afford the good stuff. Im wearing mine right now and you cant smell me can you?!!!

BTW-Im in canada and we have wind outa the north today.

22-Aug-14
I have one of the original sets, Ill sell for cheap!

22-Aug-14
Pat C.....That's for clothing with carbon in it. That's why the military carbon suits are for one use and then thrown away.

22-Aug-14
I used to buy it when I went through my "got to buy everything" phase. I got close to a lot of good bucks. Now, I've learned to always pay attention to not just the weatherman's wind direction but how air currents are moving where you are at at that moment. This is dictated not just by that days general wind direction but the terrain, sunlight (thermals) and structure. Looking back, I know these factors were why I saw those deer on any given day. I'm 43 now and arrowed my first buck when I was 17. I also think my constant attention to wind currents which, believe it or not, truly happened within the last few years is what has made me a much better deer hunter.

22-Aug-14
Ditto Longbow. And I'll add two other factors to the mix....barometric pressure and relative humidity. When you combine these with the factors you mentioned above A LOT can happen, both good and bad.

I learned about the RH and BP when I was training bird dogs. One some days the dogs would have to be almost on top of the game before they started acting birdy, and on other days they'd be birdy as soon as they got out of the truck.

I use colored smoke bombs on my off season scouting trips/bowhikes that I take on my hunting area, and I've learned A LOT about my area and how the local thermals and other wind conditions work under different environmental circumstances.

For example:

North/south running ridge with a wooded slope that faces west. There's a hay/CRP field on top on the east side. The deer have numerous trails running N/S and it's a good place to stillhunt because it's fairly open.

While scouting during a strong easterly wind, I dropped down just under the ridgetop to get out of the wind, and just for giggles I lit a smoke bomb to see just how fast my scent would be blown to any deer that might be west and below me. Well....the smoke did indeed blow immediately west...for about 30 yards. Then it did a swirl and came RIGHT BACK UP AT ME!

I'd of never thought that it would do that. So now when I have those conditions, I will hunt that ridge. Without the smoke bombs I'd have never learned that.

23-Aug-14
I do the most I can, like most guys do, to cut down my scent, and of course the wind rules. This year though I am going to wash my outside clothes in Carbon Synergy, its a carbon powder, and see how that works

23-Aug-14
Well most of those sprays I don't have much confidence in them. As it has been mentioned before your breath is you biggest enemy. With that said instead of sprays this season I am going to try what the old timers swear by and that's smoking your hunting clothes. I have heard and read where it works rather well and it will be interesting to see. The other product that I tried last year and seemed to work was nose jammer, will experiment with it again.

23-Aug-14
Use apple scent sold at craft sources fot making soaps an candels wroks great. I always take some fresh apple slices to chew on stand it makes your breath interesting to deer I have had deer come to the tree I was in al lap the bark where my boots touched. Try it it really works great.

23-Aug-14
I do not believe in any scent loc garbage or hunter in a can products but one. They are a bigger waste of money than the mechanic in a can products you buy for your car. The only things I buy are scentless soaps to wash my cloths with and shower with. I did start a couple years ago buying one hunter-in-a-can product that I think is great. They are those cans of cheap wafers from Wal-Mart that smell like dirt. The ones that smell like doe estrus suck IMO. You're better off to use scentless soaps to wash yourself and hunting cloths with and stop there and forget scent loc. It is cheaper.

I wash and then hang all my hunting cloths outside for a week and have multiple sets but none have scent loc. I then put them in a container with those dirt wafers and store them in a dry place outside my home. When I pull them out just before hunting season they strongly smell like dirt and that's good enough for me and that dirt smell heightens my outdoor experience in my mind if nothing else. Not sure if they make any difference at all but they strongly smell like dirt instead of everything else so I like it. That strong smell will last on the cloths for a week even if you don't buy more wafers to attach to the cloths when you hunt.

After each day of 'deer' hunting I hang my cloths outside and the next day I will use another fresh set. I have like 4 or 5 sets of cloths so when I use a set I can hang it outside for 4 days before using that one again. I will use a set of cloths 2 or 3 times before washing and repeating unless I was sweating like a pig. Then I might wash them but if you hang them long enough the human scent will be minimized anyway. I have tested this by the way.

I am a firm believer that your cloths hold other scents also that tip deer off so I do not ever walk into my home with my hunting cloths on or wear them into town for lunch with my hunting buddies or over to there houses etc. I have watched deer come in and smell right where a hunter has stepped and turn and burn many times so I firmly believe if not a little careful you carry other scents on your cloths and boots they will bolt from or become skittish around if they smell it and it does not have to be human body odor.

If we are talking deer I can only say that I get close to deer all the time and tag out every year and have every year I have hunted except for 2. I have hunted for about 28 or 29 years now and have always keep my cloths away from my house and have always hung them outside and rotate between sets. I have a 1 one 4 off routine until I have tagged out. It may seem anal but it works for me and is cheap. My buddies buy everything under the sun and do not do as well as I do. They also take no real care in making sure their hunting cloths do not pick up other scents and odors when they are out of the woods and they then carry that into the woods when they return. That tells me knowledge and experience are what matters most because I see it all the time.

Does scent loc work? I don't think it works as advertised. Maybe it minimizes it a tiny bit but I am not even sure it does that. Just keep your cloths as scent free as possible and use scent free soap and keep down wind and you will do just as well doing that then you would if you did all that AND had scent loc cloths on.

23-Aug-14
Last year up in the wilds of the Upper Pennisula, I met a really good guy. He was living in a well established tent, a wall tent, for 2 years, now, as he is building his home, out of all non powered tools......

Anyway, he loves to bowhunt. He had a small canvass tent, and in there he smoked his clothes..... Birch, and cherry and various confiers, he used, and let the clothes hang in that tent. he said it worked very well......

This fall I will go see him, see how his house is coming....... I meet some pretty cool people here

23-Aug-14
Maybe that does work. Never tried it. I smoke when I hunt and it has no impact on me seeing deer so maybe there is something to the smoking your cloths thing. lol

• Sitka Gear