stealthycat 05-Jan-16
Rayzor 05-Jan-16
Tracker12 06-Jan-16
Hunting5555 06-Jan-16
jdee 06-Jan-16
Surfbow 07-Jan-16
Bearcaller101 10-Jan-16
24-Aug-14
I purchased three packs of rage hypodermic broadheads from two different sellers on ebay over the weekend for 35$ a piece. They looked very good in original packaging but I noticed a slight difference in the color on the logo on two different packages. I contacted rage and they told me to look for the sticker inside to confirm they were genuine. There was no sticker on any of the packages. Rage confirmed these were indeed fakes. This may have been covered in the past but I wanted to throw it out there so people looking for a deal don't get screwed. I am trying to get my money back now from the ebay sellers. I will update.

24-Aug-14
I'm not sure you're getting screwed...it wouldn't be that hard to make a rage knockoff better than the original.

24-Aug-14
Wow controversy in under two minutes I honestly thought it would take longer! Yes I know rage bad fixed heads good. Good luck this year!

24-Aug-14
LOL I didn't know there was controversy about facts...hahha

Seriously, just yankin your chain, best of luck

24-Aug-14
Hey man I get it some people can't handle all that blood they leave behind I get it, :) However if you do buy rage (I do) don't buy on ebay!

24-Aug-14
Who's the seller? Did you leave negative feedback saying they were counterfeit? Did you file a complaint with PayPal and Ebay? You should be able to get your money back. I had a seller sell me a counterfeit Mophie cell phone case and reported him, I got my money back and he was banned from Ebay. A week later though he was back under a new account.

24-Aug-14
You mean all those on eBay that say "from China" on the listing? LOL!

Some of them say 2MM cut! Wow, that really IS a hypodermic!

24-Aug-14
D_trane and ovohannahovo were the sellers. I have yet to leave feedback but I have opened a case with ebay on both sellers. How do you file a complaint with pay pal? And Midwest These were sellers from the USA not China

25-Aug-14
I order two lg batteries ( for my Lg phone for extras for a elk hunt) a year back from a guy from new york city on ebay.. Any way they were counterfeit. I pm the seller telling him they were not real lg batteries and asked for my money back plus shipping cost back to him and $$ from me to go to the post office to return them.. I also said I will contact lg stating that he is sell counterfeit Lg batteries if I don't get my $ back.

Well a day later I got got all my money back and he said keep the batteries.. I'm 99.9% sure he knew he was selling counterfeit batteries. Counterfeiting is becoming a big problem here in the usa.. All coming from China...

25-Aug-14
Why would you not go to your local archery shop, that needs your support and buy a quality product, and you know what your are getting...... What did you save in the long run.....

25-Aug-14
Half the crap that says made in the USA is not really made here. Its only assembled here. lol

People wonder why are economy is not in overdrive.....Well it's because we don't make our own stuff anymore.

Buy American!

Buy American and support mom and pop stores instead and do not buy from the foreign merchandise type stores like Wal-Mart unless it is American made and we will be just fine. It will cost you a bit more and sometimes a lot more but in the end it helps America instead of a foreign country.

25-Aug-14
If the logo says "It like throwing a hatchet through an animal" you might have a knock off.

25-Aug-14
It's a risk you take when you buy off the internet trying to save a buck instead of a reputable store or pro shop. I shop the internet when I can't find it locally knowing I might get screwed.

25-Aug-14
Some of you have to remember, that not everyone has a good pro shop within a short drive.

25-Aug-14
My nearest pro shop that stocks a good selection is 3hrs away. That said I buy from a retailer Lancasters, Cabelas.

25-Aug-14
I went to Ebay and searched for Rage, well over half the heads are obviously fakes, no way I would buy any Rage off of Ebay. Then I went to Rage's web0site and FB page and there is not one mention of fake heads I could find. I would think they would be giving out a warning since they have to know about them.

25-Aug-14
One seller has offered full refund + return shipping! the other has not responded yet. Razorhead I do support local shops when I am in need of their expertise. iE buying a new bow and getting it set up properly, new strings (I even get my arrows there) Ect. Or even if I need something quick, they get their cut from me.. However I won't pay 20$ more just to donate it to them because they are near by. I can't afford to over spend on an identical product just to feel good about it. Some times it doesn't work out and I'll be getting my money back on this one. In the end they are going to get my business anyway. On top of all of this for what it's worth my "local pro shop" is now owned by a larger chain.

25-Aug-14
Maybe the Fake ones will open up and work correctly?

Sorry couldn't resist!

25-Aug-14
If you were buying broadheads on Ebay for $20 less than they sold for in stores at a "buy it now" price then you deserve what you get! Red flags should have gone up all over when you saw the price.

Still leave negative feedback and say that they were counterfeit heads so other people can see what kind of slime bag they're dealing with.

25-Aug-14
Hint - the one's sold in bulk that average 3-4 bucks apiece are not real!

You can get the real deal on there at buy it now for 1/3 less than BPS and Cabelas. 30 bucks for 3 vs. 40.

25-Aug-14
Bou'bound these were $33, and 35$ per pack respectively, I should have clarified that the savings of $20 was on two packs of three each.

25-Aug-14
There was some discussion on AT some months back outlining the specific differences.

25-Aug-14
YOU SHOULD have consulted the rage in the cage man !!!

25-Aug-14
Kelly- maybe that is the problem with all the guys that are getting bad results- they're using the FAKES! ;-)

25-Aug-14
I knew I shouldn't have bought my girlfriend those breast implants off of ebay....................

27-Aug-14
Just a little update one seller has offered a refund after I return the product including my shipping charges. he said that he buys and sells broadheads all the time and sometimes this happens he apologized... I don't buy it but atleast he offered full refund. The seller D-trane returned my payment (without saying a word) and marked the transaction as if the product had not been paid for. At first I didn't care until I noticed that I could not leave bad feedback or any feed back at all because of how he did this. I can only guess at how many times he has done this in the past. So lesson learned don't buy name brand products on ebay. Let the "Rage" and "Truckie" bashing continue

27-Aug-14
Apparently, I have been duped as well. I bought 2 packs of the Hypodermics on July 6. (They were pretty cheap and I should have known better.) I have never used or bought any type of mechanical broadheads and when I received them, they looked brand new in original packaging. I gave the seller great feedback and threw them in a drawer with a plan to bring them out at the end of the season to try them out.

I just saw this post a couple of days ago and sure enough, mine are counterfeit. I contacted the seller as well as ebay, not expecting to get a response from the seller. Ebay said that because it was more than 30 days, they could not do anything. Surprisingly, the seller contacted me and offered either a full refund with me paying for the return shipping or a refund minus the $6 shipping cost and I just keep the counterfeits.

I went with option B and have already received the refund via Paypal.

27-Aug-14
Crap. I just ordered a set of hypodermics off ebay. I paid 45.99 for them. I hope they are the real deal or I'm going to be pissed at myself. I sure wish I had a shop closer than 130 miles from me.

27-Aug-14
Barron114 glad my endless rant helped someone. PowellsixO rage told me too look for the sticker inside the pack. (Apparently this is the determining factor that the counterfeiters forget) the packages for me and even the broadheads looked spot on there was just a minor difference I. Color between the two that got me investigating. When I opened the of the fake ones the arched logo was cardboard. On the new ones I bought from the store that is a sticker. Good luck keep us posted!

27-Aug-14

Bou'bound's embedded Photo
Bou'bound's embedded Photo
who would look at this for $28 and suspect anything?

ebay is flooded with this. but they have the real one's as well at good prices. great prices if you are careful.

as noted above some of the fakes are better concealed than these, but there are a ton like this on there in a full rainbow of pretty colors

27-Aug-14
can't be any worse than the original

27-Aug-14
They have a billion people over there, that's manpower to make knock-offs of everything you'd ever want to buy...

27-Aug-14
Is there any other way to tell that the bh's are fake? I bought a set of 125 grain Rage Hypo's last weekend from a very repuatable archery shop and don't remember seeing the sticker in the package. I threw the package away too. Dangit. Lol.

27-Aug-14
If they smell like chicken chow mein you may have a problem

27-Aug-14
Would they simply be called Wage broadheads then?

28-Aug-14
Powellsix you probably missed it, the arched rage logo that shows threw on the front is a sticker but you wouldn't know if you didn't look close. I would guess from a shop they are more likely to be real.

28-Aug-14
I guess it's safe to say chinese nock offs are "not rearry good". ROR. The package of broadheads is coming in the mail today so I'll check em out and let you guys know. I'll post the Ebayers name to let you guys know if he's legit or a scammer. Thanks. Jake

28-Aug-14
Easier said than done. It's 130 miles to the south before I can get to an archery shop, and 140 miles to the north before I get to the next. Not everyone lives in a big town or near a reputable shop.

28-Aug-14
Anybody reports on effectiveness of the fakes?

28-Aug-14

PowellSixO's embedded Photo
PowellSixO's embedded Photo
Well I'm still at work, but my bh's showed up. My wife took a picture of them and sent it to me on my phone. The package says free sticker inside, so fingers crossed this is the real deal.

28-Aug-14
Has anyone shot theirs to see if there really is a difference between the "real" and he "fake"? When Chow Mor Deer is making broadheads in China there's a good chance he makes the real Rage 3 days a week and the fake Rage 2 days per week and the only difference is that 2 days a week he doesn't need to pay for any TV shows or commercials so they only cost $4 a piece versus $15 a piece.

28-Aug-14
My fakes said free sticker also however there was no sticker. The logo under the free sticker mark is what should be the sticker. One other thing I noticed on the fakes was the sealing on the package differed from the real thing.... As far as I can tell yours looks like the real rage sealed pack. Keep us updated.

28-Aug-14
Brotsky I have not shot them yet. The fakes didn't seem quite as tight as the real ones. They blades were not sharpened well either and they were rough. They may shoot well but I don't think I'll take the chance on my animal.

28-Aug-14
Will do Truckie. I'll get my hands on them in 2 hours.

02-Sep-14
Update fellers. The broadheads are authentic. They did have the sticker on the inside. lfga2ydn is a good seller on Ebay. Better yet though, rather than try and save a few bucks, I'm going to order straight from the supplier from now on. In fact I ordered another set of the 125 grain hypos and a package of extra blades. Hope this helps someone from getting ripped off.

02-Sep-14
I think that is what Pat meant. You can buy from plenty of retailers online (or the supplier) without going the Ebay route.

02-Sep-14
I'm with Brotsky... just because the package is a knock off doesn't mean they aren't the same heads from the same manufacturer.

Maybe the only one getting screwed is Rage.

02-Sep-14
Ah, but if every deer drops in its tracks just like they do with the real Rage, its a great deal!

02-Sep-14
Mule power you can see the differences when compared side by side with the real thing in the blades. However that and the Allen screw was the only differences I could find.

05-Jan-16
I'd like to know if any have used the "fakes" and what the results were with them...

05-Jan-16
I don't see how a junk fake could be any worse than a junk real one.

Junk is junk. Shoot them - they're as likely to work or not as a real Rage for 1/2 the price.

05-Jan-16
Chinese have no counterfeiting laws. They will nock off anything. The govt is so crooked they will give you any certifcation you want for a price. Ever send a drawing or a sample over for a quote and nock offs of your product will soon flood the market. They actually counterfeited and entire Apple Store. Early in my career a company I worked for was an importer that did lots of business with manufacturers there and elsewhere. They once sent over a competitors product to have them make something similar. Somehow, supposedly lost in interpretation, they duplicated it right down to the patent number molded into the part. Many, many examples just like that. There are chinese made nock offs of quite a few different broadheads. Its definitely not limited to Rage. Most any product that the real deal is made there will also have nock offs. We could send our products over and get them made for a fraction of what it cost us but we wouldn't consider it.

i was married to a Chinese girl and she would tell you the same thing. She would tell me how many of the teens make money bootlegging music CDs and movie DVDs. Save enough money to buy a duplicator then buy one copy of a CD/DVD and insert in to duplicator and burn 50 at a time and have a library in an afternoon. They sell them for a fraction of the cost of a real one for a couple bucks and that $2US they get for them is equal to $25-$30 here.

06-Jan-16
There have been plenty of threads on the Rage copies on other Archery boards. I have yet to see a person complain about the heads they received. From my experience living in the Far East most of these type items come from the factory producing them for the Company in this case Rage. In other works they make an extra 10,000 and then sell them on the black-market.

06-Jan-16
Rayzor is correct. They reverse engineer everything!! I used to work at a Tier 1 automotive parts manufacturer, we had to deal with it all the time.

The year Chevy come out with the Colorado pickup, six months later a Chinese company released an exact duplicate without Chevy's permission.

Our engineers would go to the big auto show every year and check out the booths for the Chinese manufacturers. They would duplicate everything on the casting including the part number and patent mark.

06-Jan-16
Our Gov't sold America down the drain when it comes to China. God Bless America...what's left of it.

07-Jan-16
We have a great family friend who does a lot of business with manufacturers in China. His favorite quote (done in a great Chinese accent) from one of those factory owners is "We make crap, American buy!". He was specifically talking about HDX tools, but, you get the gist :)

10-Jan-16
Buy slick tricks!!! Never again will I use rage for anything except for taking up room in my trash can.

• Sitka Gear