TREESTANDWOLF 10-Sep-14
TREESTANDWOLF 10-Sep-14
WVarcher 10-Sep-14
DL 10-Sep-14
Dennis Razza 10-Sep-14
29-Aug-14

WVarcher's embedded Photo
All of those that are lucky enough to head to the mountains in search of elk and muley's, take plenty of pics and bring back lots of stories. For some, myself included, our only escape wil be reading the tales of others this fall. This past year my cancer has decided to rear it's ugly head again.. 3 surgeries and chemotherapy with radiation left to go has let me unable to hunt this year. But I definitely plan being back on that mountain next year, if god has it in his plans! So for me and everyone else that can't go give us a good reason to get on bowsite everyday and read of your adventures. Along with a few good TBM threads! Take care and good luck to everyone.. Wvarcher

29-Aug-14
Wishing you healing and good luck

29-Aug-14
Good luck to you WV! We'll be enjoying your pictures next September!

29-Aug-14
The elk will be waiting for your return. Get well my friend.

29-Aug-14
Best of luck to you WV.

29-Aug-14
Best of health to you WV, good luck.

29-Aug-14
It's guys and stories like yours that drive me when I'm too tired to get up or just want to sleep in my bag a bit longer. I remind myself that there is some guy out there who would kill to be where I am at.

I wish you the best in your battle and please know that I won't waste the opportunity on your behalf! Take care of yourself and get better.

29-Aug-14
WV- so sorry to hear of your struggle. As Tobin said we're all so blessed to have the opportunity to do the things we love and all to often these things are taken for granted. Wishing you a speedy recovery. God bless!

29-Aug-14
Best of luck on your recovery. Praying that you will have many more moments like the one in your photo.

29-Aug-14
We will see you in the hills next season, until then, let the photo's to come fuel your fire to a healthy recovery!!!

29-Aug-14

Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
10 minutes west of golden

29-Aug-14
Praying you have a full recovery WV.

29-Aug-14
Get better brother!

29-Aug-14
Heres to next year! Until then I will do my best to bring you an MT Elk adventure. HUNT

29-Aug-14
Praying for your quick recovery. There'll be a big ol' bull waiting for you next year!

29-Aug-14
WV-Hang tuff brother. I live in Wyoming at the foot of the bighorn mts. and if you are ever wanting to come this way look me up--Shell,WY...

I am going muley hunting Monday and the whole month of sept off and on.

Elk may wait till the 15-25 PRIME TIME !!!!!!

Hope to see you on the mountain.

29-Aug-14
Best wishes!

29-Aug-14
You'll be back at it strong as ever next year! Prayers to you from Iowa.

29-Aug-14
Hope you kick its azz! We'll be pullin' for you.

29-Aug-14
I will keep you in my prayers Richard. Looking forward to next fall will be motivation to get well quickly.

30-Aug-14
I'll do my best...hope you see a strong comeback in 2015.

30-Aug-14
Prayers sent.

30-Aug-14
Godspeed. Praying for you.

30-Aug-14
I hope things get better for you WVArcher.

30-Aug-14

TREESTANDWOLF's MOBILE embedded Photo

Here is to next year.

Shooting this arrow in the Idaho mountains for a speedy and healthy recovery Richard!

30-Aug-14
Stay strong and god bless.

30-Aug-14
Prayers for a quick strong recovery. I'll see you in the mountains next year Brother!

30-Aug-14
What can a guy say... Thanks for all the kind words and prayers... Throughout all this I've learned we all take things for be granted. I know I did! Never again.. Life is precious... I will be back on that mountain again... But this is just not for me, some will never have that chance again.. Remember that.. Treat each day as it is your last and live it to the fullest...and treetandwolf..I hope to see that arrow covered in bright red blood next time you post! Bowsite is the best! Wvarcher

30-Aug-14

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
From Utah this am in the mountains! Thinking of you! God Bless!

30-Aug-14
Prayers for healing, strength, and comfort! God Bless!

30-Aug-14
WVarcher - Best of luck to you. I won't be hunting elk this year, but like treestandwolf, I will try to put an arrow with your handle on it thru a whitetail!

30-Aug-14
I'll be praying for you Brother, just keep thinking positive, don't let down for a minute.

30-Aug-14
God Bless! I'll be cheering for you WVArcher and for TREESTANDWOLF too! Great idea.

31-Aug-14
Prayers for you WV!! Get well, I will do my best to bring one back and share.. Thumbs up !! TSW on the arrow send it straight and true!!

Rob

31-Aug-14

WVArcher, I want it to be a bloody arrow bud. Thing is, if I don't connect, it gets shot and left there. Again, here's to you, this is a photo I created called " Focus", and that is what you will do. Give it hell as I will for you.

31-Aug-14
Wvarcher, it will always be there waiting for you.

Here's a taste. Like you, I wont be chasing bugles this year. I did however take my 14y/o son out this weekend to poke around a bit. Yesterday morning we heard a bugle at 0645 and the fun began. Bulls were bugling every 30secs for 2 1/2 hrs (easily over 100 bugles). One in particular was going crazy bugling/grunting and he bugled us right in. He had 30 or so cows with 3-4 raghorns and two satallites. I was trying to get close enough to the herd bull to take his picture but there was too many elk around him and I didn't want them to know we were there. We did see him several times and he was a very nice 370 class bull.

Kinda odd to see so many elk bugling so early.

Going to be a good year for those who have tags.

01-Sep-14
God Bless and Prayers!

No other words needed.

01-Sep-14
You'll be in everyone's thoughts and prayers on the mountain this fall. Pulling for you!

01-Sep-14

HockeyDad's embedded Photo
HockeyDad's embedded Photo
WVArcher - This is the part of the trip you will not miss - I-70 Traffic on Friday. Caz made it further before he got backed up.

Here is to a speedy recovery!

01-Sep-14
I've just read through all the posts and good wishes; really gave me goosebumps!

Bowsiters are just plain AWESOME

Good luck and good hunting to all those afield this [elk] season and my thoughts and prayers to WV from this British Bowhunter

01-Sep-14
Well, WV, I'm not headed to the mountains. Headed to the plains of Eastern Wyoming, but I hope you heal quickly and get out amongst 'em ASAP ! Best of luck to you.

01-Sep-14
Hey keep your head up and sorry you can't hunt this year. I will do my best to kill a big bull for you! Cancer plain just sucks. I lost my dad/ elk hunting mentor and partner to cancer. Still haunts me!

02-Sep-14

Just got word my buddy tagged his first bull today! OTC unit.. He's not on bowsite but as soon as he sends me some pics ill post them up. And also... If anyone is headed out and still in need of anything I have several things I'm willing to loan out. I offered to TBM but he seems to be stocked and ready to go... Can't wait to read about his trip when/if he returns!! JK good luck again! Wvarcher

02-Sep-14
Best wishes man! I'll raise a glass and my bow to you in MT soon. Live each day as the last, cherish and nurture what's truly important, give thanks for all you do have. You can do this!

Bill

03-Sep-14
Good luck. Will be thinking of you in the Blues next week!

03-Sep-14
WV-sorry to hear of your illness. Get healthy soon. Thoughts and prayers to you.

03-Sep-14
Keep the faith and stay strong!! Sending prayers from CA.

03-Sep-14
prayers sent from TN

10-Sep-14
Richard, packing her up tonight for the flight out on Saturday.

I will post some pics as she travels to the mountains as long as I have signal.

Stay strong buddy#

10-Sep-14
Oh, here is a boost for you, I posted this on Instagram and you got tons of backing.

10-Sep-14

TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo

10-Sep-14

10-Sep-14
Man..words can't express the gratitude I feel at time like this...everyone remember the ones that can't make it and the ones that have left their soles on the mountain. Wvarcher

10-Sep-14
WVA, my brother had had cancer for over 10 years. Lost kidney, and half a lung over the years. It keeps coming back but with some experimental drugs and lots of prayer he's only missed one hunting season. We lost our dad at 48 years ago. You have lots of people keeping you in there prayers. You do your part in killing this ugly thing in you and we'll do our part in praying for you. When my brother was last told his cancer was back in his lungs the local dr said you've got 9 months to live.?he went to Stanford medical center and they went to work. That was 7 years ago. Get the best care you can find man! There's no second chance. May God comfort and encourage you and your family. Keep us updated.

10-Sep-14
Stay strong and god bless.

• Sitka Gear