JLS 01-Sep-14
Boothill 01-Sep-14
MTcountryboy 02-Sep-14
smarba 02-Sep-14
CT bow junkie 03-Sep-14
Hammer 03-Sep-14
31-Aug-14
just had my bow fail me again.

Last year three weeks before elk season...this year ten days before elk season.

It is under warranty, but won't be fixed in time.

Just wondering if any of you have had a limb failure on an insanity? Mine failed twice and my local pro shop said that they have seen to others in the last couple weeks.....all insanity cpxl's

I hate to switch bows this close to the season, but have no faith or confidence in that bow......just bought a new factor 34 and already shoot it better than I ever shot my cpxl so I guess I'm not so worried about it now.

any limb failures on hoyts?

31-Aug-14
Yes, all brands have failures.

Good luck on your elk hunt.

31-Aug-14
Main culprit on laminated limbs is heat. We had 80,000 psi in tension on the skin glass of our wood core laminates back in the 80's. The glass core limbs of today see a bunch more than that. Add some heat and the bond degrades pretty quick. Even without heat, all the bow companies are really stretching the limits with these laminates keeping them together. They're bending the crap out of them.

31-Aug-14
interesting.....all of these failures are happening in august.....antelope season. I don't leave my bow in my truck if I don't have to, but no doubt it has seen a lot of 90+ degree weather and has spent some time in my truck when it got a lot hotter than that.

31-Aug-14
heat is also killer on strings

31-Aug-14

60X Strings's Link
What happened to the limb? Did it crack or splinter? Other then the flaking issues I haven't heard about many bad limbs

31-Aug-14
hoyt's real claim to fame is their limb technology. do they have failures, of course, but all things considered hoyt limbs are the standard by which limbs are measured and others do no stack up..........and it has been so for decades.

31-Aug-14
Does hoyt use barnsdale?

31-Aug-14
Hoyt makes their own limbs.

01-Sep-14
I haven't heard of any limb failures over on AT, I'm sure it does happen, not sure why you would shoot any better with the hoyt as the bowtech's are shooting machines with a more tune-able cam than any other bow, probably new bow syndrome!lol I have owned 8 bows since 2011, and to many to count before then, just in the last 2 weeks got a bowtech experience and I was amazed, a few days later my chillr was traded for a bowtech rpm 360 which hasn't arrived yet, hope its as nice as the experience!

01-Sep-14
I have been shooting bowtech for s e v e r a l yrs now n never experience any limb problems--as said above all bow manuf. have had limb problems-- you unfortunately got the odd bow--:(

01-Sep-14
I've shot nothing but Bowtech with zero failures of anything since 2008. Right now i have twin Insanity CPXL's black and camo. Both of these bows have been shot and then shot some more ( X 100 ). I'm no die hard fanboy of any bow company. I just shoot what I think allows me to achieve the best arrow flight and is the most accurate. With my size I also prefer the longer axle to axle and the CPXL gives me that. This bow is a straight up shooter. You may have just been unlucky. I'm sure Bowtech will stand behind and warranty their product.

01-Sep-14
I can remember when bowtech limb failures were common about 10 years ago or more. at that time, from what I heard from local shops, their customer service was as big or a bigger failure. Limbs I have never had issues with: PSE, Mathews, Jennings/Bear. Always 100%. No reason for me to fool around w/ bowtech....just too many other options out there....move on dude.....you have good reason.

01-Sep-14
I had a limb delamination on a 2006 bowtech tribute. I got new limbs and still have the bow.

01-Sep-14
I had a limb issue with a Mathews Q2. I don't think any of them are immune to problems.

01-Sep-14
no, that's true. no one's immune.....happens to all of them once in a while. when it becomes more than that is when its a real problem.

02-Sep-14
It didn't break this time. It bulged out by the limb pocket Don't get me wrong I love the bow. Just seemed odd that I've had two failures. The first bow they just replaced the whole thing. This one they are going to fix. I went with Hoyt because it was all they had that would fit me (31" draw) and there wasn't enough time to get mine fixed before elk season

The first failure split the limb down the center lengthwise. Made a real mess. Broken strings and bent both cams. Lucky for me I was at the pro shop shooting when it happened, otherwise it would have been hard to believe I didn't dry fire it.

I have no idea why I shoot the Hoyt better. I'm not partial to any brand. Just happy that switching bows didn't mess me up. It could be that my arrows are close to being under spined with the bowtech ( axis 340's) 30 " 65 lbs and maybe the slightly slower Hoyt likes my arrows better?

02-Sep-14
Common theme on nearly every limb thread is that Hoyt have far fewer limb failures than anyone else. As 'Bou said, they are the limb standard (regarding dependability) that others are judged by; they make their own limbs.

03-Sep-14
My lower Limb on my destroyer gave out once. Loved that bow! Bow shop and bowtech fixed fast. Shooting elite now but love all bows and archery.

03-Sep-14
Spike,

Who here was lambasting a companies product? I thought everyone so far was very fair so what are you referring to?

• Sitka Gear