wild1 09-Sep-14
skinner creek 10-Sep-14
Trial153 10-Sep-14
shooter 10-Sep-14
TSI 12-Sep-14
Florida Mike 12-Sep-14
TSI 13-Sep-14
01-Sep-14
Callin in the help now,its big.Details to follow.

01-Sep-14
Awesome. Congrats to the hunter and you Dave.

01-Sep-14
Can't wait to see it!

01-Sep-14
Good job Dave. Lets see the pics

01-Sep-14
Hes loaded finally what a recovery!Bear of a lifetime no question.Pics comeing.

01-Sep-14

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
excuse the picture but here he is.

01-Sep-14

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Father and son with their monster.Time for sleep.

01-Sep-14
Awesome Dave. Congrats to you and your hunter.

02-Sep-14
Nice one Dave. Wish I could make it up this fall.

02-Sep-14
Well its officially weighed in and green scored.Any guess on weight?The score should put it top 5 for new brunswick but ill wait for the official results.

02-Sep-14
Well its officially weighed in and green scored.Any guess on weight?The score should put it top 5 for new brunswick but ill wait for the official results.

02-Sep-14

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Another look.

02-Sep-14

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
The weigh in!

02-Sep-14
Well hopefully another brute today!

02-Sep-14
Great job Dave looks like a big one.

02-Sep-14
Definitely a large bear and one to be very proud of! But unless its just me or the pics....it doesn't seem like a giant though....does it?

Its probably just the perspective of the photo that misleads it as being less size than it truly is.

02-Sep-14
Must be the picture Steve,its huge.Its the third largest weve ever killed.And should rank around 3-5th alltime for NB.Their in the process of entering a large number of our bears to the book once we get permission from the hunters.Official weight was 495lbs.

02-Sep-14

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
The bear at the taxidermist was measured at 75inches base of tail to base of nose tied with longest hes ever measured.The bear is sleak with short early season hair so what you see is all bear no fluff.Here is the bears picture before it was shot-turns out its there is one bigger still comeing in.

02-Sep-14

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
This bear is now a serious target and should be well over 550lb,both boars were seen together and this one was considerable sise larger.

02-Sep-14
Not being a bear hunter, do the western canadian bears get alot bigger than the eastern?

02-Sep-14
Not being a bear hunter, do the western canadian bears get alot bigger than the eastern?

02-Sep-14
sureshot no a big bear is were its found,Actually there is more evidence that eastern bears are lager body animals than western bears but there seems to be some skull sise diffences at similar sise.Time grows big bears,no age,no sise.The myth that 8ft squared bears are all over the west and 500lbers are common just isnt true.500lb wild bears are rare anywhere,and 8ft black bears are as common as bigfoot.

02-Sep-14
Got it, what would a bear of this size weigh on a spring hunt? Also, are the hides better in spring or fall?

02-Sep-14
I know what's in the white bag Dave LOL!

Congrats again to you and the sucsessful hunter.

02-Sep-14
That's a big bear anywhere ! Congrats all around.

02-Sep-14
Well day two many bear past on and another giant on bait seen but not shot (bowhunting is what it is sometimes) but we know hes there and hes big big feel good that tonight is his last night,Fingers crossed.(hunters comments-He makes the barrel look like a bucket!)Its going to be a great fall if this keeps up.

03-Sep-14
Congrats and keep the big boys falling

03-Sep-14
Wow...couldn't imagine seeing them both together!

03-Sep-14
Yes steve few yrs ago and (some bowsiters here killed these bears) i sat a stand an evening and had 3 huge boars come together.I couldnt believe it,but long story short the hunters killed one in Sept 425lbs another Oct first week 335lb and the last the same week at 507lb.So yes in the Fall they will tolerate each other better.

03-Sep-14
TSI - Is the hide usually better on spring or fall bears?

03-Sep-14
Late fall and early spring hides are best all round.But late spring all the smaller animals rub and the big boars hold their coats.

03-Sep-14
That's a dandy congrats to the hunter and everyone involved.

04-Sep-14
Great Bear! Congrats to the hunter and to Dave.

04-Sep-14
Congrats Dave and to the hunter. Just save me a giant for next spring!

04-Sep-14
Wow...What a giant! Congrats to the hunters and TSI!

04-Sep-14
Congratulations, great Bear. I know the feeling as I have a fall bear from years ago that is 6'4" nose to tail (76" rug). Took 3 of use & barley could get him out. 19" skull.

07-Sep-14
While were on the topic of Giant black bears,i just got word that a new NB record was just officially scored for bow at 22 1/16.good job Taz.Were rewriteing the record books faster than they can print them.

07-Sep-14
Congrats to the father/son team!

Mark

08-Sep-14
Hey Dave

You mentioned scores, what did that one old skull that was at Dale's measure out to? That was over 21 wasn't it?

Y'all are fast becoming the GIANT BEAR Province.

08-Sep-14
I guess it is me as well. it is a big bear but it just does not appear to be a giant looking at the pictures. Are you talking in terms of skull measurement or body weight?

Either way, great bear and congrats to the hunters.

08-Sep-14
bowriter its495lbs.i think thats big.Dale Robinson weighed it.Always the skeptics!No outfitter scales involved.

09-Sep-14
Yes, 495 is a big bear and pictures can be deceiving. It does not look that big to me. But as I said, great bear either way.

09-Sep-14

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Heres one from yesturday,NOT a monster but a nice bear.

09-Sep-14

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Dale heavy into skinning.

09-Sep-14
You guys gotta work on your photography skills, so you do those biggies justice!! Congratulations to the hunters.

10-Sep-14
500 is a big bear anywhere, Congratulations! the pictures could have been a bit better. Spending time setting up the shots is always worth it.

10-Sep-14
nice bears, i need to get up there!!

10-Sep-14
The bear with the big white v did not make it thru the gauntlet, just a idea on the size just to verify. Thanks in advance Jay

12-Sep-14
Jay wrong area,the white V you seen is still walking.

12-Sep-14
Hey Dave, gave a guide named George your number, he's looking for a hunt for him and his son. He's a good guy. Mike

13-Sep-14
Thanks Mike i will keep an eye out for him.Just finished up the week with everyone letting an arrow loose,some real big boars too.Lots of good old fun.Now off to get the next crews stands ready.

• Sitka Gear