Windwalker 02-Sep-14
drycreek 02-Sep-14
razorhead 02-Sep-14
Beendare 03-Sep-14
sundowner 03-Sep-14
Schmitty78 04-Sep-14
Rayzor 04-Sep-14
02-Sep-14
Hello all, new here but long time bow hunter.

Just curious if there is much data on flight differences when shooting different nocks. I noticed today that on my A/C Injections that when I put in a Nocturnal lighted nock that it shot much lower and seemed to group worse.

My traditional style nock fit on the string much 'cleaner' and 'clicked' on for a seemingly better fit compared to the Nocturnal which was kind of 'mushy' on the string. I am shooting the correct G nock for this arrow.

I could adjust my sights, but I seem to trust the other nock much more and will stay with them. Thoughts or data on this? Any other lighted nock options for the AC Injections that you trust? Thanks

02-Sep-14
NO affect at all on 340 FMJ's here.

02-Sep-14
Also,no effect on my FMJ Injections either. They shoot to same p.o.i. as with the g nocks on the arrows.

02-Sep-14
No difference for me with Carbon Tech.

02-Sep-14
No difference for me with 250 Carbon Express.

02-Sep-14
Same here with Axis 400.

02-Sep-14
No affect on any of my arrows.....

03-Sep-14
It may have an effect for the light arrow guys [sub 400gr]- not sure

But on my 500 gr arrows, I shot the nokturnals with reg noks on my Axis 300's and saw no significant difference in groups or elevation at 40 and 50yds...haven't tried them further. One would think they don't have the repeatable accuracy due to sloppier fit and flex...and there might be just a little...but not enough to make a difference for me at bow range shots....maybe to the Lee Lekowsy's out there shooting 120yarders it would matter

03-Sep-14
The G size Nocturnals are not built very well. They are too tight on an 18 strand bowstring, and I have had trouble simply trying to install them in the Uni Bushing for ACCs. I converted all my ACCs to the X nock size Nocturnals (use a trimmed insert for a bushing.....perfect fit), and they work much better.

The new NockOut lighted nocks work very well in G size bushings.

04-Sep-14
They grouped well for me but were about 5-6" lower than my normal knocks. I took a .177 BB and glued it into my regular knocks and moved my sights. Now my practice arrows and my hunting arrows with nocturnals group the same. A couple of my buddies have no difference between the two, but that wasn't my experience.

04-Sep-14
Have you nock tuned them? A twist can do wonders.

• Sitka Gear