gcoleman 05-Sep-14
nutritionist 06-Sep-14
gcoleman 17-Sep-14
scentman 17-Sep-14
nutritionist 18-Sep-14
05-Sep-14

gcoleman's DeerBuilder embedded Photo
gcoleman's DeerBuilder embedded Photo

This is a close up of my whitetail institute forage oats and imperial white clover plot,,,,my question is what is the tall 3 leaf plant .? Is it a type of clover in the mix ? Don't think it's a weed as it's mixed the whole plot and came up same time clover did

06-Sep-14
Imperial whitetail clover is a very very popular product but in my opinion the secret to it's success is not the perennial ladino clovers in the mix but the BERSEEM CLOVER.

Berseem i love as it grows really fast and helps suppress weeds. The perennial ladinos grow slower. So in a way it really works as a companion crop like oats or grains even though it is a clover. Berseem clover is cheap and i love it and use it alot. But that product should be wayyyyyyyy cheaper considering there is almost 40% berseem clover in it. It should be about $4 verses 10-12.

So, what is in that mix is berseem and ladino clovers. There is 2 ladino clovers in that formula.

17-Sep-14
thanks for info,,, white tail institute called it a jump start clover which didn't help me

17-Sep-14
nice looking plot!

18-Sep-14
its BERSEEM CLOVER......

Berseem clover is 1 of 3 products I couldn't live without. Whitetail institute uses it for hopefully the same reasons I use it. But it also helps keep the cost of a seed mix down. It has a high nitrogen fixation score. It acts as a smother crop. It is slightly higher quality than alfalfa. The deer love it because of the sugar content. I use it in combination with daikon radish as a plot builder/cover crop product.

Berseem tolerates low pH soils and tolerates wet ground very well.

• Sitka Gear