Keef 14-Sep-14
Mark Watkins 14-Sep-14
WVM&M 16-Sep-14
nutritionist 16-Sep-14
WVM&M 16-Sep-14
nutritionist 18-Sep-14
WVM&M 29-Sep-14
13-Sep-14
I plant two fields in oats and clover. I disced and rolled them and it rained 1/2". Life was good and then later that day it rained 4 more inches. This happened last week.

The fields are on ridgetops and slope slightly.

I have noticed some of the oats are coming up but they appear spotty. I'm trying to decide whether to spread more seed and if I do, should I harrow the seed in. I know the clover doesn't need it but I wonder if the oats will take if they aren't covered.

I'd appreciate your comments ASAP since I have to decide soon if I'm going to do anything.

14-Sep-14
I have just thrown oats out on the ground and had them take .

14-Sep-14
Thanks for the quick replies.

14-Sep-14
Keef, I would take a 50/50 blend of oats and cereal rye (ideally winter rye)....just overseed. At least 100 lbs per acre. Sounds heavy but it's not. You will be happy.

Mark

16-Sep-14
Be aware that turkey could wipe you clean if broadcasting wheat/oats/rye on bare ground.

16-Sep-14
You use avipel on the seed to prevent turkey and sandhill cranes from consuming it....or you can try using hot pepper extract if you don't have access to avipel.

16-Sep-14
I can't use avipel because i live in wv....at least that is how i understand the info on their website. I am really considering the pepper extract in the future....any advise other than coat the seeds and broadcast? Thanks in advance

18-Sep-14
http://www.agrian.com/pdfs/Kernel_Guard_Supreme_Label2.pdf This is another product but it's hard to find.

Here is a tincture blend Cinnamon oil, citric acid, clove oil, peppermint oil, rosemary oil, sodium chloride, thyme oil, white pepper,

29-Sep-14
Testing 123. Nobody posting anymore?

• Sitka Gear