Mark Watkins 25-Sep-14
Bowfreak 25-Sep-14
Cajunarcher 25-Sep-14
drycreek 25-Sep-14
WoodMoose 26-Sep-14
15-Sep-14

drycreek's embedded Photo
Our hunt started Sunday , September 7th on a ranch near Bill, Wyoming. We got in our waterhole blinds after daylight since this was a new hunting spot for us and we had only had a whirlwind tour near dusk the day before. I sat all day until about 4:30 pm when one of my buddies texted me that he had shot a goat. As is our custom, I told him to come and get me and I would help him gut , skin, and quarter. We took a couple pics and set about the task. After we gutted, I texted our other buddy and told him he had two choices, be picked up or probably be in the blind until after dark while we took care of the dead goat. He had seen nothing all day except cows, so he said to come and get him. As we went through the last gap, I got another text. " Goat down ". So now we have two to take care of. We picked him up and carried both goats to the ranch headquarters. The rancher was kind enough to provide a skid steer to hang 'em on to skin and quarter.

As we had trailer troubles on the way there, and arrived late, we had forgotten to get ice. Nothing much in Bill, and the closest ice was in Wright, 30 miles away. So here I go to Wright. By the time I return, the goats are skinned and quartered. Hmm, that worked out well !

This is all that watered at the windmill while I sat the first day

15-Sep-14

The second day I got in the same blind about gray dawn. I had my lunch, water, and snacks. I saw no goats for a long time. The day before I at least had goats to watch from afar, although they were mostly does and a couple very young bucks. However, about 10:00 a mulie doe and her twins livened up my show.......for about three minutes.

15-Sep-14

Days later.........actually early in the afternoon, I saw a buck chasing some does a few hundred yards away. He started toward me, but stopped about 200 yd. away, looking behind me for a couple minutes before turning and walking back to the feeding does. I looked out the West side of the blind and there were two guys working on a pipe line gap 400/500 yd. away. They stayed a loooong time. A couple hours later, I see the buck ( or one just like him ) approaching from the SE. He stopped about 60 yd. out and looked things over, then decided all was well. I first thought he was gonna come in head on, but he hooked and came in broadside. He stopped about three yards farther than I thought, so I hit him a little low. He ran as fast as a goat can run for a couple hundred yards, then he ran out of steam.

Energy 35 set at 58 lb., Easton Axis 400s, G5Striker.

15-Sep-14
Awesome buddy! Congrats on a fine buck! I love those speed goats!

15-Sep-14
Congrats Drycreek. Nice Speed Goats- congrats on a nice trophy buck.

15-Sep-14
Awesome!! Nice goat

16-Sep-14
Nice goat. Great shot! I'm hooked on antelope hunting!

16-Sep-14
Drycreek, nice write-up. Glad you guy's had a good hunt.

The Windmill Blind is one of my favorite Blinds and I have not gotten to hunt since I rebuilt it last year. Not sure why the action is so slow there this year ss on a normal year there are Antelope in sight most of the day with many coming in to drink. Might be all the oil field stuff going on south of it with the new pad they put in this year.

16-Sep-14
Congratulations on a nice 'lope! Takes patience and lots of naps when it's slow. Looks like a twin of the one I shot not far from there a few weeks ago. I thought some of those cow pies looked familiar!

Sounds like you guys all did good. Re-booked for next year already?

16-Sep-14
Ambush, we try to go every other year, so if I'm still alivin' it will probably be 2016.

Rock, thanks for introducing us to this ranch and rancher. Both are winners !

17-Sep-14
Now we need Wes to post a picture of the one he shot at the Windmill yesterday.

17-Sep-14
I'm checking every ten minutes Ron ! He said he would probably write it up tonite, but he's probably bushed from the drive home. Don't want to be a spoiler, but his makes mine look like a jackalope !

18-Sep-14
Don,

Looks like yours died only a few yards from where mine did. Then again it all looks the same out there :)

Congrats and thank you again for helping me make it all come together...even if you told me to stay away from the Windmill Blind pasture haha

18-Sep-14
I was trying to dave him for next year !

25-Sep-14
The Windmill Blind claimed another Antelope this morning not 5 minutes ago. No pictures yet as he just called me to tell me he had shot it.

25-Sep-14
Congrats!

Mark

25-Sep-14
Awesome! Post pics when you can.

25-Sep-14
Beautiful goat ! Congrats on a great goat !

25-Sep-14
Rock, they rise up outa the ground at that blind ! Hope we get pics !

26-Sep-14
I had a couple of years at the ranch in Bill,,,,,,took Jay there the last time I went,,,,,,haven't talked to them in a while,,,,,,wonderful place all grown up now with a HOTEL in Bill for crying out loud!

• Sitka Gear