500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

IS AZ OVERRATED !!!
Mathews Inc.
IS AZ OVERRATED !!!
Elk
Contributors to this thread:
cityhunter 03-Oct-14
Bou'bound 03-Oct-14
kentuckbowhnter 03-Oct-14
sureshot 03-Oct-14
cityhunter 03-Oct-14
Gambyt 03-Oct-14
cityhunter 03-Oct-14
bohunner 03-Oct-14
cityhunter 03-Oct-14
Gambyt 03-Oct-14
bowbender77 03-Oct-14
NoWiser 03-Oct-14
Woodman 03-Oct-14
cityhunter 03-Oct-14
bohunner 03-Oct-14
cityhunter 03-Oct-14
midwest 03-Oct-14
TD 03-Oct-14
Coyote 65 03-Oct-14
hunting dad 03-Oct-14
Charlie Rehor 03-Oct-14
Rancher 03-Oct-14
BOWUNTR 03-Oct-14
WapitiBob 03-Oct-14
Heat 03-Oct-14
Heat 03-Oct-14
Heat 03-Oct-14
LBshooter 03-Oct-14
wheels 03-Oct-14
AZrecurve 03-Oct-14
5 points 03-Oct-14
llamapacker 03-Oct-14
Mountain sheep 03-Oct-14
'Ike' (Phone) 04-Oct-14
bb 04-Oct-14
Ward's Outfitters 04-Oct-14
Jailer 04-Oct-14
Jailer 04-Oct-14
Jailer 04-Oct-14
Jailer 04-Oct-14
overbo 04-Oct-14
AZ~Rich 04-Oct-14
DonVathome 04-Oct-14
cityhunter 04-Oct-14
cityhunter 04-Oct-14
HANS1 04-Oct-14
Willieboat 04-Oct-14
idacurt 04-Oct-14
azarchery 04-Oct-14
Charlie Rehor 04-Oct-14
Bigdan 04-Oct-14
cityhunter 04-Oct-14
sticksender 04-Oct-14
Knothead 04-Oct-14
cityhunter 04-Oct-14
overbo 04-Oct-14
AZ~Rich 04-Oct-14
sticksender 05-Oct-14
overbo 05-Oct-14
pointingdogs 05-Oct-14
westslope 05-Oct-14
AzHunter 05-Oct-14
Beendare 05-Oct-14
DL 05-Oct-14
AndyJ 05-Oct-14
HANS1 05-Oct-14
bb 05-Oct-14
writer 05-Oct-14
WDP 05-Oct-14
overbo 06-Oct-14
Gambyt 06-Oct-14
WesHunts 06-Oct-14
Gambyt 06-Oct-14
R. Hale 06-Oct-14
WesHunts 06-Oct-14
cityhunter 06-Oct-14
azarchery 06-Oct-14
cityhunter 06-Oct-14
HANS1 06-Oct-14
AzHunter 06-Oct-14
GRoe 07-Oct-14
808bowhunter 07-Oct-14
Beendare 07-Oct-14
WesHunts 07-Oct-14
chuckles 07-Oct-14
'Ike' 08-Oct-14
HANS1 08-Oct-14
chuckles 11-Oct-14
cityhunter 11-Oct-14
leo17 11-Oct-14
cityhunter 11-Oct-14
Willieboat 11-Oct-14
bb 11-Oct-14
cityhunter 11-Oct-14
'Ike' (Phone) 11-Oct-14
leo17 11-Oct-14
tradi-doerr 11-Oct-14
bb 11-Oct-14
'Ike' (Phone) 12-Oct-14
IdyllwildArcher 12-Oct-14
DakotaArcher 12-Oct-14
TD 12-Oct-14
cityhunter 12-Oct-14
leo17 12-Oct-14
cityhunter 12-Oct-14
WillPower 12-Oct-14
WillPower 12-Oct-14
cityhunter 12-Oct-14
DWarcher 12-Oct-14
idacurt 12-Oct-14
bb 12-Oct-14
elkmo 12-Oct-14
DWarcher 12-Oct-14
WapitiBob 12-Oct-14
'Ike' (Phone) 12-Oct-14
David Alford 12-Oct-14
David Alford 12-Oct-14
bb 12-Oct-14
WillPower 12-Oct-14
WesHunts 12-Oct-14
cityhunter 12-Oct-14
WesHunts 12-Oct-14
DWarcher 13-Oct-14
WesHunts 13-Oct-14
chuckles 13-Oct-14
leo17 13-Oct-14
BOHNTR 14-Oct-14
Rayzor 14-Oct-14
Swivelhead 16-Oct-14
bb 16-Oct-14
cityhunter 16-Oct-14
bb 16-Oct-14
willliamtell 16-Oct-14
cityhunter 16-Oct-14
bb 16-Oct-14
Swivelhead 16-Oct-14
cityhunter 16-Oct-14
Redman2003 18-Oct-14
Redman2003 18-Oct-14
jdee 18-Oct-14
idacurt 18-Oct-14
Redman2003 18-Oct-14
Redman2003 18-Oct-14
Redman2003 18-Oct-14
midwest 18-Oct-14
IdyllwildArcher 18-Oct-14
'Ike' 19-Oct-14
cityhunter 19-Oct-14
Redman2003 19-Oct-14
BULELK1 19-Oct-14
WillPower 21-Oct-14
prezboys 07-Nov-14
AZBUGLER 10-Mar-15
Bowhntn 26-Mar-15
Bowhntn 26-Mar-15
WapitiBob 27-Mar-15
'Ike' (Phone) 27-Mar-15
WapitiBob 27-Mar-15
Bowhntn 27-Mar-15
cord 62 28-Mar-15
fred 28-Mar-15
mtnview 29-Mar-15
elktrax 31-Mar-15
elktrax 31-Mar-15
03-Oct-14
I have never elk hunted in AZ as of yet , Have points but what I ve seen in the way of elk bow kills this year has not impressed me , All the hype of mega bulls yet I have not seen one killed to date this year . To wait 8 to 10 years to kill a 260to 300 bull is not what I call a ideal situation .Also it seems many that ive talked to all have had some kind of negative inference from other hunters . It seems if a guy has a tag in Az his 5 tag less friends join a posse !!!

03-Oct-14
Would that count as. DIY hunt

03-Oct-14
I have been waiting for ten years to get a tag in AZ and I am starting to think you have a point.

03-Oct-14
Especially when you figure the actual cost of the 10 years or more in points.

03-Oct-14
not so much the coin but the time invested money can be made time can never .

03-Oct-14
I saw none of that on my hunt, but I'm just one guy.

03-Oct-14
In the wait of ten yrs or more a lot can and will happen to a unit . Like i said i never elk hunted in Az !

03-Oct-14

bohunner's embedded Photo
I waited 13 years and my buddy 17 for a 15 point avg. to get unit 9 AZ. We cashed in pretty well with bulls in the 350 and 380 class. It was a good quality hunt with plenty of big mature bulls around due to the limited hunting. a trophy type unit.

03-Oct-14
nice bull congrats ! not to question u but is that bull 350 ?

03-Oct-14
That unit is thick enough to avoid the other hunters if you stay away from the water holes. It's usually pretty dry though...

03-Oct-14
I have lived in Arizona for some 33 years and for the most part I would say the Elk situation has been in a downward spiral. Twenty to twenty five years ago Az. and New Mexico both had an estimated 35,000 head Elk herd. Today New Mexico has close to 75,000 head while Arizona is in the 30,000 range. Arizona has issued way to many cow tags over the years in my opinion and now they they want to load the state with of all things, Wolves. There are also more than 6 applications for every one Elk hunting opportunity state wide statistically speaking. With the increase of application numbers, rising fees, fewer Elk, wild horses flooding the premier trophy unit and now wolves, Arizona elk hunting has seen far better days in the past while the downward spiral continues. (I.M.h.O.) All in my humble opinion of course.

03-Oct-14
Probably would be best if most would just drop out of the game there, or at least for a few years until the hunting improves. :)

03-Oct-14
Its very over rated

03-Oct-14
bowbender77 at least Az dosent steal tags from the public and give to landowners like to NEW MEX who then sell for hi dollars and u still have to buy a elk lic Govt at its best

03-Oct-14

We unofficially scored the first bull at 348 and this one scored around 389 net. I believe it ranks in the top 100 all time typical with a bow. We saw a couple of bulls that would gross higher than this bull as well.

03-Oct-14
That's what im interested in mega bull awesome thanks

03-Oct-14
I think today it is more about easy access and easy terrain. You may not kill a mega bull but you aren't going to have to hike in 4-5 miles in some rough ass country to get to the elk.

Sounds like most units are covered up in roads and everyone wants to sit on a tank. Easy hunt for the 40 something's....and I'm talking waist size.

I'm buying points, too, but likely going to be one and done just to get it off my bucket list. Same with Utah....their archery dates suck.

03-Oct-14
Don't know Louis, could be, never hunted it yet. But a guy who's killed 50 something elk once told me some of the worst units in AZ are better than some of the best units anywhere else.... I think you hunted with that guy before.... =D

Not just the trophy quality, but my understanding is the physicality of the hunts are just easier, less work. Lots of roads. Fairly hot and dry so you can hunt water with good success. Don't have to be in particularly great shape to do them. A buddy told me he got hurt pretty good once on an AZ pack out.... he smacked his head on the swing out tire carrier when he lifted a quarter off the elk and into the back of the rig.....

My guess is being overrated depends on your expectations going in. But I know very few that have hunted it and don't want to draw another tag ASAP.

03-Oct-14
Nope, but you do have to know which GMU to pick. The GMU in which I live I saw not one hunter, even though the area I live in is on the G&F website as a goto spot. After the season was over the wife and I have been taking hikes in the evening and have had "shot opportunities" on 8 bulls. Smallest was 5X5, largest about a 340 herd bull with 6 cows. Not snap shots, but opportunities that lasted from 5 to 15 minutes. Maybe next year a tag.

Terry

03-Oct-14
I guess that would depend on a persons expectations. Like population density of a town, what's crowded to one is just right for another. I did read an article once on trophy quality. Using 375" as a benchmark, the odds of killing one that big in Colo. was 15,000 to 1. In AZ it was 1,500 to 1. The monsters are out there, sometimes the cards just have to fall correctly. I blew 4 chances at BIG bulls before I shot my 5x5. Maybe next time the cards will fall right for me. Good luck if you get the chance to hunt AZ.

03-Oct-14
Nope! People say the same thing about Iowa. Attitude is very important! I'm in!

03-Oct-14
I think that it is overrated,with the long wait to ever get a tag.

03-Oct-14
Here's my perspective... from an amateur elk hunter who has killed one bull with three tags in Az. It's close for me. I buy a deer tag and license every year... so an elk app is a no brainer. I have a hunter safety point and loyalty point so I can draw every 5-7 years. I hunted mediocre units and have realistic expectations, so a 300 bull is mighty ok with me. I hunted 14 hard days and only saw 3 bulls that I would put in the 350-370 class. I consider that hunt to be the best elk hunt of my life so far.... even topping my tule elk hunt.

With all that considered... If I didn't buy a deer tag and license every year and live close, I'd have to think real hard about applying for elk every year.

One more thing... very few giant bulls are killed every year and I'd bet that the vast majority of those bulls are killed by hardcore residents and guided clients. To drive across the country and kill a giant bull the TBM way (DIY)... is overrated... Ed F

03-Oct-14
An Arizona hunt is what you make it. If you measure your hunt by antler size, it might be over rated. I had 11 points, shot a dinker 290 and was happier than a pig in slop.

03-Oct-14

Heat's MOBILE embedded Photo

Elk hunting in AZ may not be at its peak but to say there a no big bulls being killed is just plain ridiculous! Is this one good enough Louis?

03-Oct-14

03-Oct-14

03-Oct-14
It's like southern IL where everyone thinks they are going to shoot a 180 class buck. TV and hype can do a number on people, waiting 10/15 years ,not likely, score of antlers aren't that important.

03-Oct-14
I'll chime in, I just got back from unit 9 after waiting a long time to draw. I had a blast even though I never released an arrow. I had my goal of 350+, and never came off of it, passed on at least a dozen bulls between 300-340. In unit 9 to say the quality is down would be very hard to prove as its so thick. I'd bet that in the 14 day season, I was within 100 yds of over 100 bulls that I didn't see. You could hear them and catch bits and pieces, but to get a good look, let alone a clear shooting lane was Impossible. Granted, there are areas where it's open, but in my experience, they were out of those spots before light. As for tank sitting, that's a joke in my opinion, every tank has a guy on it, and if not, someone is gonna pass you on the way in racing to it, or will just walk up and sit across from you at the tank. Not my cup of tea... I would love to back again, but I'll probably be 70 by the time that happens.

03-Oct-14
citihunter,

What makes you think everyone that has hunted in AZ posts thier pictures on the Internet?

Fact of the matter is, those that post on Internet boards are a small majority of all hunters. The same guys post on various boards across the regions. Same guys, same handles. I bet we(forum junkies) represent less than 10% of all hunters in this country.

My personal example. In my company of 120 employees, there are 12 that hunt/fish and enjoy the outdoors. Guess how many are active on Internet forums? One! Just me.

My point is: just because you haven't seen a big bull posted here, doesn't mean one hasn't been killed. A lot of people choose to only share with close friends and family.

The current Pope and Young world record is an AZ bull.

Overrated? Hope people believe that premise! :)

03-Oct-14
Hey Louis, I find someone every year to help in unit 9. This year there was 1 tag in camp and there were an additional 8 people!

Its kind of like getting a sheep tag, people find out someone drew a tag and just want to go to be a part of it.

This year seemed to start off a little slow but, the last 4 days were killer! Over 90% of the hunters were gone and the bulls were screamin' and creamin'!

But, this was in 9, unlike any other unit in the U.S. I would guess. But, you aint gonna draw that tag with 12 points.

03-Oct-14
If you expect giant bulls behind every tree, then of course AZ is over rated. That really isn't true, anywhere, except behind a fence.

People make a big mistake thinking just because they have an AZ tag they will get a big bull. Experience, skill, and old lady luck always play a part. Of course it is those with experience and skill that usually make their own luck.

Good bulls can be had in many units. Great bulls even exist in a lot of places. If you aren't in those places, it doesn't matter that you are in AZ. And even if you happen to be in those places, if you don't know how to capitalize on the opportunities you may still get an "average" bull. Or nothing.

An AZ tag (or UT, NM, WY, etc.) is only the first step on the journey, and considerable effort and experience usually is required to take the big bulls. Anybody can get lucky and find a sleeping 400" bull laying beside the road, but you shouldn't count on it, even in AZ.

Bill

03-Oct-14
AZrecurve +1....... There is so much going on here in AZ that isn't posted on ANY hunting site.

04-Oct-14
It all comes down to what you're looking for...AZ for years has been known as 'the state!' Big Bulls are killed in several states every year, you just have to do your homework...

Like Ed, pretty much a rookie, when it comes to hunting Elk there...How ever, it is a state where I've seen 'the most elk' out of the others I've hunted...That and some of the areas I've been into keep me going back...

04-Oct-14

bb's embedded Photo
bb's embedded Photo
Defenitely overrated....AZ plain sucks

04-Oct-14

Ward's Outfitters's embedded Photo
Would you call these over rated

04-Oct-14

Jailer's embedded Photo
Jailer's embedded Photo
These guys all think it's overrated and will probably never go back.

04-Oct-14

04-Oct-14

Jailer's embedded Photo
Jailer's embedded Photo

04-Oct-14

04-Oct-14

Jailer's embedded Photo
Jailer's embedded Photo

04-Oct-14

Jailer's embedded Photo
Jailer's embedded Photo

04-Oct-14
OVERRATED, maybe not so much but without a doubt OVERPRICED!

04-Oct-14
Overbo, Compared to what might I ask?

04-Oct-14
I had a great hunt, but it was crowded. I wish they moved cow hunts - and I wish everyone did not have 50 people hunting with them!

That said I chose to be mobile (hunt from road) and not backpack in like I normally would.

PM sent

04-Oct-14
Funny many say the hunt in AZ isn't about the antlers LOL . So why wait so many years to apply in AZ . The truth is we all have dreams of hunting AZ with a chance at a 360 bull or better.

Jailer that bull with them great 3rds is a dandy some sweet bulls u posted .

04-Oct-14
Trust me when TBM and I hunt AZ we will both kill BC bulls on day 3 LOL :>

04-Oct-14
I have drawn AZ hunt 3 times and had enough action to always want to go back. I also go out most years and help resident friends that do draw . I just returned from spending 2 and a half weeks helping friends the past season. I think people are going to be disappointed by the number of people they encounter on the hunt and the use of vehicles everywhere. If I was going to put in with 10 + points and desired solitude my research would revolve around that aspect first and you will have no trouble finding big bulls. We are guilty of the posse type hunting but it works well for us. This past season after my 2 friends tagged out we helped another resident hunter and had 7 people glassing for one tag holder . The other big problem there is the cow hunts at the same time as the bull hunt. This puts tremendous pressure on the herd. I have brought friends that were experienced elk hunters from other place and they couldn't believe what a circus this is but they still put back in. In general if I had a lot of points I would hunt as soon as I could I don't see it getting better the seems to be a shift to higher tag numbers and less quality plus wolves are in some of the better units now.

04-Oct-14
City you know I'm gonna say no on this one, and you know why.

I have hunted every state in the west for elk with the exception of New Mexico. Arizona is head and shoulders above the rest of the states.

04-Oct-14

might I add all these bulls were taken with archery hunters !!!!

04-Oct-14

04-Oct-14

04-Oct-14

04-Oct-14

04-Oct-14
Those sure are some beautiful Elk

04-Oct-14
10orbetter,

your not denied, you just don't want to follow the rules the way their set up. you can walk in the forest anytime you want to.

04-Oct-14
Louis is just looking for another state to rule! He'll be doing an AZ elk hunt soon:)

I wonder if the people that have people "help" them when they draw regret it afterwards or truly feel helped?

04-Oct-14
The only State That has better Bulls is Nevada. But the hand full of Tags that Nonresidents get. You mite never get to Hunt Nevada. I will Keep applying For Az as long as I can still hunt. Arizona Has Great Bulls in Almost every unit. I have been In 3 units in Az Hunting Elk 4B,8&9.

04-Oct-14
Whats the avg price for a Nevada LO tag ?

04-Oct-14
10k and up

04-Oct-14
10, I know of no national forest in AZ that holds elk in which you are denied access. Can you clarify?

I believe there is some NF land in southern az that is land locked by private land and access is denied but this land does not hold any elk.

04-Oct-14
sticksender if u are buying im in !!lol u shoot first

04-Oct-14

overbo's embedded Photo
overbo's embedded Photo
AZ-Rich, Hunted a 1600000 acre private ranch in NM for under 2Gs plus trophy fee for bull and cows had no fee. This was the 8th bull I called in that evening.

04-Oct-14
Not sure where you are getting your figures from but last I checked (2 min ago) the NR license fee is $160, the NR Elk tag if you draw is $665 and the application fee for NR is $15; sums up to: $840. The rest is up to you. You did not say how much the trophy fee for a bull is on your NM deal but your over $2K no matter. I certainly can have two weeks of upscaled camping or even staying in a local rented cabin for that extra $1,100. I bet that deal was for 5-7 days and was a landowner tag that State allows which turns into a profit making deal for the landowner/guide. He sells you the hunt and you pay the state for the elk tag/hunting license which the last time I looked was pretty close to AZ's NR tag price $555 for regular Bull or $780 for a "quality" or trophy bull. That under $2000 is for the landowner's accommodations, guiding, etc. I'm sure you could find outfitters/guides in AZ that would take care of you for that kind of money. The average Landowner deals in NM go for about $5-8K for a 5 day to 7 day hunt. Yes...Congrats on a nice bull. Glad you had a great time in NM. Sure is plenty of quality bulls over there as well.

05-Oct-14
Louis not for me in NV....if paying-to-play, there are much better buys elsewhere!

05-Oct-14
I don't think you are going to get on a 1600000 acre private ranch that the state of AZ issues over 300 elk tags, ranch house, and guide($500 tip split). Hunted this ranch for 8 years and the worst year was a 6 day hunt w/ only 30 or so bulls sighted and 1 shot opportunity. Mind you I hunt w/ a recurve.

05-Oct-14
YES!!! everyone stop applying for AZ. That way the hunt odds will go down in favor of me.

05-Oct-14
Overbo, so you are hunting a 1600000 acre ranch? thats (one million, six hundred thousand acres)

05-Oct-14
Ya... that's it... Arizona has lousy elk hunting...ya! Please everybody stop applying! I spent the last 2 weekends up at Mormon Lake and almost had to get out of the truck to spot a 350+ bull. If you think no monsters when down this year in Arizona, just wait a month or 2 till the new mags and TV shows come out!

05-Oct-14
My take; It is and isn't "overated"

I'm a non res that drew Az in back to back years and hav hunted Az 4x now over the last 20 years in 3 different units.

FWIW, (and to those that have never hunted Az) Az has wide ranging units that are totally different in topography and how to hunt them. The experienced guides in all of these units are very successful as they spend so much time and effort scouting Az bulls- they know them like a room mate.

There are some units where a DIY guy like me can hunt for 10 days and never see another hunter in the woods. Many of the units are not that way with roads every 1/4 mile...and even though supposed to be closed have guys running them constantly. Some units where water tank hunting is the preferred method [many] will have had hundreds of scouting cameras chronicling every bulls movement putting non res DIY at a distinct disadvantage.

Many of the units have a bunch of guys running around- without tags, either scouting for buddies, just looking for elk or even poaching. This can be very frustrating if you are a guy like me that is looking for a quality "Experience" without running into guys everywhere.

The unit I just hunted- 11M was a horrible elk hunt- FOR ME. Its a close-to-town hunt probably great for a guy that wants to drive it and never be more than a quarter of a mile from his vehicle. Dogs barking,guys running EVERY closed road, guns going off target shooting, etc- every kind of distraction taking away from the experience. Its more like whitetail hunting.

I somewhat knew what I was getting myself into in 11M but dismissed it due to the better draw odds and the fact I had drew out the year before in Az and had a great hunt. I was very disappointed.

To sum it up;IMO a guy putting in for Az must have a good idea of the type of hunt he is looking for and what units can provide that. I get the impression there are thousands of guys putting in for Az with the only expectation of "Big bulls" like pictures in the above posts.

05-Oct-14
Looks like there aren't any big bulls left.

05-Oct-14
STOP, STOP, STOP WITH THE PICTURES!!!!!.....We still have 11 months until next archery season and I already am chomping at the bit.

05-Oct-14
One other interesting aspect of the hunting in Ariizona is the way the draw system is used and abused legally. Arizona will allow a group to apply together and the application receives the average of the groups points. In the event that two buddy's want to go or father son this is a good system. Where it becomes abused is when a serious hunter builds points for non hunting friends or relatives I know dozens a year that do this then after they draw a tag instead of going to the bottom they apply with aunt mable who has 16 points . The hunter draws again and aunt mables tag goes in the trash. Took me a while to figure out how the same people have certain tags every year.

05-Oct-14
When in Rome.... You need some new friends....You're just hanging around with the wrong crowd:)

05-Oct-14
Hey, City, "B & C", to TBM probably means Boone & Crockett.

After quite a few years of trying, I drew AZ about 10 years ago. Poor timing, Bad drought, near record high temperatures. Tough hunting. I never saw a bull I'd shoot in an OTC unity in Colorado.

...but I was hunting in Arizona, and I saw enough antlers in stores and a few freshies in the back of pick-ups to keep me going from dawn until dark.

The next year I finally drew The Gila and it was beyond my dreams, and I scored on a brute.

People talk about the time and money you've already invested might end up being wasted if you don't get a big bull.

...it will really be wasted if you quit applying and never hunt?

05-Oct-14
I have to agree with pointingdogs and AzHunter having lived here my whole life. IT'S LOUSY!!! You'd do better applying in Co. or over the counter. JMHO, WDP

06-Oct-14
Sorry got a bit carried away w/ the 0's 160,000 acres

06-Oct-14
It is what it is. Not everyone has a great experience. A buddy and I bowhunted for a solid week and were in bulls every day before we went to town for breakfast one day. The place was full of other hunters who were complaining about not seeing or hearing anything. I guess we were where the elk were at the time. It helped that I live here and was able to do a good bit of preseason scouting. I think without scouting or knowing a spot already it takes time to find them.

06-Oct-14

Error Occurred While Processing Request The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error.
Please contact the website administrator.

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.
Error Occurred While Processing Request

Could not find the included template ThreadOwnerRemovedReplacetText.cfm.

Note: If you wish to use an absolute template path (for example, template="/mypath/index.cfm") with CFINCLUDE, you must create a mapping for the path using the ColdFusion Administrator. Or, you can use per-application settings to specify mappings specific to this application by specifying a mappings struct to THIS.mappings in Application.cfc.
Using relative paths (for example, template="index.cfm" or template="../index.cfm") does not require the creation of any special mappings. It is therefore recommended that you use relative paths with CFINCLUDE whenever possible.

The error occurred in D:\Bowsite\BOWSITE\tf\bgforums\thread.cfm: line 1058
Called from D:\Bowsite\BOWSITE\tf\bgforums\thread.cfm: line 476
Called from D:\Bowsite\BOWSITE\tf\bgforums\thread.cfm: line 1
1056 : <h3>Blocked By Thread Owner</h3>
1057 : <P>#ParagraphFormat(Body)#</P>
1058 : <cfelseif (ThreadOwnerRemove)eq 1><cfinclude template="ThreadOwnerRemovedReplacetText.cfm">
1059 : 
1060 : <cfelse>

Resources:

Browser   claudebot
Remote Address   172.70.174.10
Referrer   http://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=435814&messages=172&forum=5
Date/Time   29-Mar-24 07:38 AM
Stack Trace
at cfthread2ecfm1423711020._factor13(D:\Bowsite\BOWSITE\tf\bgforums\thread.cfm:1058) at cfthread2ecfm1423711020._factor14(D:\Bowsite\BOWSITE\tf\bgforums\thread.cfm:476) at cfthread2ecfm1423711020.runPage(D:\Bowsite\BOWSITE\tf\bgforums\thread.cfm:1)

coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag$NoSuchIncludeTemplateException: Could not find the included template ThreadOwnerRemovedReplacetText.cfm.
	at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.setTemplate(IncludeTag.java:349)
	at cfthread2ecfm1423711020._factor13(D:\Bowsite\BOWSITE\tf\bgforums\thread.cfm:1058)
	at cfthread2ecfm1423711020._factor14(D:\Bowsite\BOWSITE\tf\bgforums\thread.cfm:476)
	at cfthread2ecfm1423711020.runPage(D:\Bowsite\BOWSITE\tf\bgforums\thread.cfm:1)
	at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:231)
	at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:416)
	at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:65)
	at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:363)
	at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:48)
	at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40)
	at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:87)
	at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:70)
	at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28)
	at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)
	at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:46)
	at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)
	at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)
	at coldfusion.filter.CachingFilter.invoke(CachingFilter.java:53)
	at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:200)
	at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89)
	at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:86)
	at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42)
	at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46)
	at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:94)
	at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.service(FilterChain.java:101)
	at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)
	at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
	at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:286)
	at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)
	at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:203)
	at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:320)
	at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)
	at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:266)
	at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)