mtoomey 20-Oct-14
tradi-doerr 20-Oct-14
Bobmeister 20-Oct-14
x-man 20-Oct-14
Northstickhunter 21-Oct-14
bigdog21 21-Oct-14
bigdog21 21-Oct-14
19-Oct-14
Due to some health issues and being basically a longbow and recurve shooter,I'd like to get a compound for finger shooting.I've narrowed my selection down to these two bows.For those that have shot either of these bows what do you think and which one do you think or feel would be better.Thanks ever so much for your time.

19-Oct-14
I think the ovation will be a little shorter ata and possibly faster which I'm guessing doesn't matter to you. I'm sure either bow is a smooth shooter. If you can shoot both side by side pick the one that feels best in your hand.

20-Oct-14
Thanks Jeg,I would love to be able to shoot both,I am leaning towards the Ovation.

20-Oct-14
Buddy has a Caribou and loves it. It is a very high quality bow.

20-Oct-14
Caribou is a nice bow. When I made the switch to compounds (back to compounds) I really liked it. I now shoot a Hoyt Tribute.

Mike

20-Oct-14
Northstickhnter, I have a caribou and love it, best finger bow of it's time. the reflex caribou was built by Hoyt and is no longer in production and Hoyt shut down reflex, Hoyt now builds the tribute, another great finger bow, but at $800+?. By the way, I have my caribou in the classified adds if your interested.

20-Oct-14

Bobmeister's embedded Photo
Bobmeister's embedded Photo
I've had both the caribou (2005 W/the funky deer track cutouts in the riser) and Ovation. The Caribou is heavy, long, slow and very forgiving, easy to accurately. The Ovation is what I would chose between the two, much faster and lighter. With the Ovation I would draw with three fingers (1 over/2 under)then drop my bottom finger at full draw, this worked good for me but you have to be on your game more shooting a single cam with fingers.

20-Oct-14
The ovation is much smoother both on the draw, and the after-shock.

The caribou is more of a traditional finger bow though. It "feels" more like a trad bow when shooting. Longer ATA, soft back wall, it jumps at the shot, ect...

I can see where the high let-off of the ovation and solid back wall could cause some target panic issues.

21-Oct-14
One thing I like about the Ovation is the Cam can be set for both 80% and 65%,i figure the 65% would be great with fingers .I've shot fingers for over 50 years and have it down pretty good,2 fingers or three.Years ago I shot compounds with fingers and was quite successful.Looking forward to trying it again.

21-Oct-14
The ovation is a very nice bow have owned a lot of Hoyt over the years but found a different bow for shooting fingers I like alot better. If you get the chance try a Oneida can be adjusted down to 50per. Let off . You can find some pretty cheap on ebay to start out with. And you can send straight to oneida for new string and cabels every year and they will also time it for around 100.00 not bad fills like shooting a recurve again

21-Oct-14
The ovation is a very nice bow have owned a lot of Hoyt over the years but found a different bow for shooting fingers I like alot better. If you get the chance try a Oneida can be adjusted down to 50per. Let off . You can find some pretty cheap on ebay to start out with. And you can send straight to oneida for new string and cabels every year and they will also time it for around 100.00 not bad fills like shooting a recurve again

• Sitka Gear