XMan 21-Oct-14
nkd8 21-Oct-14
TDurr508 21-Oct-14
XMan 21-Oct-14
carpediem0881 22-Oct-14
XMan 22-Oct-14
21-Oct-14
6:39 AM LIVE from Ma*
Dang it, I am late and I have a big deer blowing 100 yards behind me. First morning in a Ma stand and my delay was due to a slight scare when I walked downstairs to make coffee. We had a birthday party last night for my two most important ladies. It's was yesterday my wife and daughter were born and there was no way I was hunting on opening day, sometimes there are more important things than sitting opening day, ok maybe not many but I told my wife that and she was happy. What do they say, happy wife happy husband. This line big deer is still blowing, and I suspect it's the deer I am after, he's a big wide 8 point and a deer I would be happy to get. Not today of course cause he is now walking in the other direction.

Wind today is SE light and variable 5-10, it's 55 degrees and overcast. I am hunting the Pondering today. It only took me two hrs to pick this tree last year. It's a large red oak with a pine tree nestled beside it so it affords good cover

21-Oct-14
7:22 AM LIVE from Ma*
First deer of the morning just walked by and it explains why that deer kept blowing. A small bleating fawn just walked by me. Pretty deer with a piebald coat, next season its game on for that deer. Getting back to why I was late, during our cookin last night for the party, we must have left the gas on the stove on low and when I walked downstairs I could smell the natural gas. I opened all the doors and windows and waited to make sure the smell disapaided. Not the best way to start he season but at least it didn't start with a bang :).

The laurel is extremely tall this season despite the lack of rain this unmet. I could barely see that fawn as it meandered on by to find mamma doe. This setup is a good one for mornings the deer usually get in here to bed for the mornings, my late arrival probably didn't help but who knows lots of deer in here and it's so thick. It was a quiet walk in with the shower coating the forest floor with some last minute rain. Two oaks on each side of me are still dropping some acorns so the food is here

21-Oct-14
Sounds like you're in a good spot. Good luck XMan!

21-Oct-14
7:34 AM LIVE from Ma*

XMan's MOBILE embedded Photo

Deer two is a small bb, he's got another 3 years before my heart gets pumping ). He is directly to my right in the white oaks feeding. Where's ur daddy young lad?

21-Oct-14
Good Luck Xman. Glad your house didn't go boom! And yes happy wife happy life!

21-Oct-14
7:46 AM LIVE from Ma*
For the record I did graduate kindergarten and can spell, this tiny mobile screen is not user friendly to my tiring eyes. Pat, u reading this? :) Also for some reason the camera is showing a black screen if I try to take a photo and immediately insert in my post. Need to take a photo first then choose it

Little BB is still chilling with me, now at 5 yards and I can hear him munching and cracking the acorns.

21-Oct-14
7:50 AM LIVE from Ma*

Little BB hanging out and real close. He is about to hit my scent trail of where I walked in, let's see if the scent spray is really 99.9% effective.....

21-Oct-14
7:59 AM LIVE from Ma*

Yeup it worked, he's still here. And guess what no Ozonics or scentlok, just crazy huh :). Got to love thermals in the early morning.

21-Oct-14
Good luck and cool pics xman.

21-Oct-14
Best of luck. Active morning thus far. Keep updates coming. We're all pulling for ya.

21-Oct-14
Nice pics Xman. Good luck!

21-Oct-14
9:14 AM LIVE from Ma*
work is calling , it's time to get back to the real world. Good first morning out, saw a few deer and confirmed this stand is on my short lost for quick morning sits. Good luck all

21-Oct-14
Jealous. Looks like a fun morning.

21-Oct-14
9:42 AM LIVE from Ma*

My yard when I get home and park the truck. Hello dolly

21-Oct-14
Awesome morning, XMAN! Great pictures...love the last one especially!! Doe walks into your archery range! (Awesome shed by the way!)

21-Oct-14
Xman that's a great morning - looks like a lot of fun, and really cool to see a doe in the yard when you got home. Nice range by the way!

21-Oct-14
You better start raking leaves bud:)

21-Oct-14
The first thing I did when I moved in to this house was to hire a bobcat to clear out the yard for my kids jungle gym...ok between us.. create a bow range. :) I have a ladder stand behind that doe to shoot at my other 3d target. No deer get hunted here, its a viewing sanctuary year round and my archery range. That doe is like a pet, its here every day morning and evening with her two fawns feeding on the acorns and clover in back. I have had dozens of deer over the years walk on by me when I practice in back and its always a fun time to see how they react. Mostly young deer are here till late Dec/Jan.

21-Oct-14
Elauwit, a leaf blower does wonders when all my leafs are down, no raking ever :) Still another month before I venture out there with it just too many leafs left on the trees.

21-Oct-14
xman nice thread I love the pictures and updates please keep it going. It's funny I had a piebald doe near me during my sit pretty deer, good luck

21-Oct-14
Xman if that was a 150" deer would you shoot? Haha.

That's awesome! Reminds me of Westchester, NY.

21-Oct-14
nah, I honestly wouldn't Sage, I really like the thrill of the chase and being in more quiet surroundings. Plus I do like seeing the deer while drinking my morning coffee, its entertaining :)

21-Oct-14
What did you spray? Just a scent killer?

21-Oct-14
XMan, I have the same theory as you on this one.. The deer that are in my yard are almost like pets to me and constant reminder of how much I love the animal. Everyone always asks me why I don't hunt right in my back yard where i'm always seeing deer... Just love the feeling of waking up early and driving to the farm and taking the trek into the stand.. Looks like you had a great day though, goodluck!!

21-Oct-14
nkd8,

Scent Killer by Wildlife Research, but I also rubbed my boots in mud near the stand so between the two it probably helped.

TDurr, My brother and friends say I am nuts, glad I am not alone in my thinking, Good luck to you too.

22-Oct-14
how do you set up a live hunt? is there a mobile app of bowsite?

22-Oct-14

XMan's Link
hit this link, it will walk you through it.

• Sitka Gear