Chris S 23-Oct-14
stealthycat 23-Oct-14
stick n string 23-Oct-14
ki-ke 23-Oct-14
grizzlyadam 23-Oct-14
23-Oct-14

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
I got this guy on 14th as the cold front moved in and rain started. It was an uneventful afternoon til I heard rustling thinking it was squirrels I looked behind me he was rubbing a small tree. Stayed on path and walked past me broadside at 5 yards watched him drop in 25 yards By far biggest body I have taken. I was guessing he was 4.5 or older huge body low belly grey face short roman nose. Antlers were past prime wide decent 4 on left side just a big crab claw that was broke on right side with no brow that still was 17 wide if not broke maybe 20ish. I kept lower jaw when I butchered him to age and of course my dog took it to parts unknown when I was in the house. Head took a chip out of his femur then took off top of his heart then went into off shoulder not exiting. Here's what's interesting is the arrow snapped when he dropped during his death thrash the broken arrow shaft became unlodged and pushed through his brisket just breaking skin between his front legs through the sternum. He was destroyed inside. Blades were bent pretty bad and the ferrule is still straight but you can see where it was chewed up as blades bent. Blood was ample but not impressed with the entry wound of the head for a 70lb monster at 5 yards I thought it would blow through off side. Can't complain about watching him fall in 25 yards though.

23-Oct-14

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
Femur

23-Oct-14

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
Entrance

23-Oct-14

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
Head

23-Oct-14

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo

23-Oct-14

23-Oct-14
did you expect those blades to hold up to bone ??

nice buck BTW

23-Oct-14
Nice buck. And crocs

23-Oct-14
Cool buck! Congrats.

Did you really hit the femur? You called him broadside, heart shot and buried in off shoulder. Perhaps you meant you hit the humerus?

That's what it looks like in your butcher photo above...

Will you still use those heads??

23-Oct-14
Nice fat one! Congrats! Did you weigh him?

• Sitka Gear