bdfrd24v 24-Oct-14
bdfrd24v 24-Oct-14
stick n string 24-Oct-14
Treerat 24-Oct-14
bdfrd24v 24-Oct-14
bdfrd24v 24-Oct-14
24-Oct-14
6:51 AM LIVE from PA*
Can almost see light in the horizon. 2 nights ago had a small buck chasing and grunting does everywhere. Hoping for more action.

24-Oct-14
7:28 AM LIVE from PA*
Love the rifle shots nearby. Pa youth hunt this weekend... Well and senior and disabled. Should have worn orange in the tree.

24-Oct-14
Good luck bdfrd today. Draw bubble blood.

24-Oct-14
Good luck this morning

24-Oct-14
8:05 AM LIVE from PA*

bdfrd24v's MOBILE embedded Photo
bdfrd24v's MOBILE embedded Photo

Had some tbm birds about 70yds. No deer yet.

24-Oct-14
Good luck!

24-Oct-14
8:48 AM LIVE from PA*
Pretty sure I just saw several goats. Looks like there may have been a fence break at next farm over. This could get interesting.

24-Oct-14
9:02 AM LIVE from PA*
Buddy just stuck one. Details to follow.

24-Oct-14
9:10 AM LIVE from PA*
Oh boy. Quote of the day. "Hit her a little far back and using a rage". Told him to sit tight an hour and not move till I get there. This could get real interesting.

24-Oct-14
Good lick with her!

24-Oct-14
10:34 AM LIVE from PA*
Sparse blood so far. 80-100yda in. Bright red. Believe he hit her back. Very little blood on arrow and BH. Some on fletch. Believe clean pass through.

24-Oct-14
11:31 AM LIVE from PA*
Ok. Need advice. Going to back out for a several hours. We jumped a single deer and she was a single as well.

Tracked blood about 120yds. Lost it. Extreme poor trail. Last 30yda were on hands and knees. Pinhead drops.

Only blood on arrow was on fletchings. Arrow felt a little greasy so perhaps fat. Zero and I mean zero blood that was noticeable on the BH. Rage appeared to deploy but hell I don't know.

Thoughts on hit? Time to leave for?

24-Oct-14
My thoughts are, the more u push her the farther shes gonna go and more chance for her to go different direction. You arent gonna have any more blood, i wouldnt think, so u will have no idea which direction once she is outta sight after u jump her. Let her lay up, hopefully die in her bed. Then u just have to search hard. Keep an eye on water sources. I would wait til later this afternoon. Hindsight is 20/20, but a hit back is not one that you want to take up the trail right away. You need to give them several hours to die where they first bed. With no blood, you dont have much to follow, so its best to not encourage them to go farther. This should probably be a lesson, hopefully you guys find it and it doesnt have to be a lesson learned without getting the deer. Good luck.

24-Oct-14
When a deer is git shot it can live for a very long time, in the future I'd suggest not even looking for at least 10 hours. I wait 10-12, I've been in on to many gut shot blood trails of deer shot by myself or friends and relitives over the past 30 years, none die within a few hours, it takes time, you have to be patient, the deer rarely goes far before it beds down, if you don't push it you should find it near by. I would not go back there till late on the evening.

Mike

24-Oct-14
We are going to back out until about 4:30 today. Gives us 2 hrs to look later in daylight. I'd honestly wait longer but its pretty warm today so have to be cautious with that.

I told him not to get out of his stand until I got there. I was there in 1hr exactly and he had already found his arrow and was at his truck.

He has no idea where he hit her. Like I said the arrow gave little to no info at all. Little hair/blood. and just followed bright red blood. I'm actually thinking he may have just hit muscle with so little blood. NO foul sent on the arrow at all.

24-Oct-14
7:01 PM LIVE from PA*
Almost certain the deer is just fine. There was one in the fields tonight according to neighbor feeding with a bloody rear leg. Didn't even appear to be limping. Most certain at this point he shot it in the ass. Only clipped one leg. I don't believe he hit anything of value. Nothing else seems logical at this point. He was discing one off our fields and said there were 5 deer feeding for quote sometime

• Sitka Gear