petemc 27-Oct-14
B N A A guy 27-Oct-14
mnbowhunter 28-Oct-14
Headin West 28-Oct-14
mnbowhunter 29-Oct-14
skinner creek 30-Oct-14
Kdog 31-Oct-14
24-Oct-14
I am trying to plan a hunt to Ontario or Manitoba Canada for a hunt by myself with a guide. I have been hunting in Ontario for a couple of years by myself and have had no luck. I have come to the realization that it would help a lot to have the extra person calling. Does anyone have a suggestion for an outfitter that will accommodate a single hunter? All of the outfitters that have replied back to me do not take single hunters. Drive in or fly in are both options. The cost may just dictate how long before the next hunt will be in my future. I know it won't be before 2016 as I already have another elk hunt planned for next year.

27-Oct-14
You've said Ontario or Manitoba and I can't help with that but, have you considered Newfoundland? All non-resident moose hunters MUST go through an outfitter and MUST have their own 1x1 guide. They have the same Eastern Canada Moose but due to the mineral content in the forage, the racks are smaller. In my mind it didn't make a lick of difference - any moose with a bow is a trophy.

27-Oct-14

B N A A guy's Link
Hello Rodger, If you are looking for a quality 1 on 1 guided Moose bowhunt then perhaps I can help. I am a Bowsite sponsor and we actually have a few different Canadian Moose opportunities that you can look over and see if they fit the bill of what you are looking for.

If you go to our website you will currently only see one choice for a Moose hunt. This is not accurate and we now offer several and are working on a fairly large website update ( still ).

I am fully confident that we can show you a great time somewhere in Canada. We just need to pick apart the specifics of the exact type of Moose hunt you are looking for. 1 on 1 will not be a problem as that is how several of our opportunities prefer to operate a Moose hunt.

Please contact me if you are interested in finding out more. Wherever you go I wish you the best and hope you will share your story with us on Bowsite.

Best regards, Scott Alberda

Bow and Arrow Adventures

28-Oct-14
Thousand lakes they're a sponsor . Haven't been there yet but hopefully soon. There in ontario

28-Oct-14
I've looked at Newfoundland. I'm planning on driving to my hunt, and I live in Iowa. That is why I'm starting my search in Ontario and Manitoba. But a longer drive is not out of the question.

I've sent an email off to Thousand Lakes to see if they will take a single hunter.

Scott, I will be giving you a call soon. BC is also an option. It will just be a 35 hour drive to Prince George.

Thanks for the suggestions. The more I look, the more I need to research. That's part of the fun!!!

29-Oct-14
Thousand lakes will take a single hunter when I talked to them.

30-Oct-14

skinner creek's Link
I take a few moose hunters a year and could give you a few suggestions for a BC hunt if needed. Feel free to give me a call if you want to talk moose hunting.

31-Oct-14
Not sure what your budget is, but I can recommend you get in touch with Russ at Adrenaline outfitters in Manitoba. You have to pay extra for 1x1 guiding, but they will do it.

Moose hunting can be very exciting! But it is definitely hot/cold in my experience. Best of luck to you, PM me if you have any questions.

• Sitka Gear