Cornpone 25-Oct-14
writer 25-Oct-14
mainbrdr 25-Oct-14
Woods Walker 25-Oct-14
MDcrazyman 25-Oct-14
TurkeyBowMaster 25-Oct-14
TurkeyBowMaster 30-Oct-14
25-Oct-14
I always ponder how low to sight in to allow for the squat. Last season it was 4 inches low at 15 yards...one pin. This season I have 2 pins and a slower arrow. Thinking of sighting in 2 inches low at 10 for the top pin and 4 inches low for the 30 yard pin?? I will be shooting with the 10 yard pin out to 20, split pins up to 30 where I will hold dead on out to 33. By initiating the same hold out to 20 with the 10 yard pin the arrow will impact lower as the deer drops...it should prove very effective with our nervous little deer.

25-Oct-14
The trouble with "the squat" is you can't always figure on it. I just shoot for the lower third of the body, which is where I want to hit anyhow, and if they squat it, hopefully, will still be good. As any bow hunter knows, if they're "on alert" at all...got a whiff of you, picked up your ground scent, got a glimpse of you, etc...and you shoot, it's anybody's guess where the arrow will hit.

Coincidentally, I was recently watching a bow hunt on TV. The guy shot underneath it because, he said, he was figuring on the deer dropping...it didn't. Quite frankly, he shot far enough underneath it that I think he was just making the excuse because he blew the shot!

25-Oct-14
Cornpone -- and all too often guys claim the deer ducked when they really just shot over the buck.

Little doubt the deer of the southern big woods are more prone to ducking than anywhere.

Of course, if I was 70 pound buck, and hand somehone shooting Simmons Sequoia-Sharks at my butt, I'd be nervous, too.

25-Oct-14
Couldn't have said it any better Michael!

Clicked on this thinking it might be something useful. Wrong.

25-Oct-14
If you don't want to miss "high", then don't hunt in Coloweedo! ; - )

25-Oct-14
I dont even want to comment on this.

25-Oct-14
I am getting around 230 I believe. I know it's faster than 200

"The trouble with "the squat" is you can't always figure on it. "

More trouble is if you don't factor it in you are guaranteed a miss at mid range. Aiming where you want to hit is not an option that results in food on the table.

30-Oct-14
Just missed high. Arrow was directed about 3 to 4 inches above the brisket and the deer got under it. Going to adjust sights to hit even lower.

• Sitka Gear