smarba 30-Oct-14
cityhunter 30-Oct-14
BO-N-ARO 30-Oct-14
exsanguinator 30-Oct-14
DL 31-Oct-14
sir misalots 31-Oct-14
BTM 31-Oct-14
28-Oct-14
Like to hear what peoples opinion is on hero photos that guys post that the animal is all covered in blood , blood coming out its mouth and nose ? Big deal or no big deal?

28-Oct-14
I dont think the photos are bad for hunters ,we understand but the non hunters take them and use them against us with all kinds of negative media.

28-Oct-14

cityhunter's embedded Photo
cityhunter's embedded Photo
When I kill a elk miles from my camp and in grizz country I don't care about hero pics , my main concern is coming out alive and with meat !! I see whitetail hunters leave dead bucks for days to parade around and take hero pics ,,,, this is way worse then any bloody picture. Anti hunters can never be pleased .

28-Oct-14
x's 2, cityhunter....great post!

I try to clean up my kill photos, but it's not always easily done. We hunt, we kill, we make living creatures bleed. The very fact that we exist pisses anti-hunters off, so I don't feel the need to try to appease them by not posting bloody pics. Just my 2cents.

28-Oct-14
unattractive unnecessary

28-Oct-14
I clean mine up and think most should if putting it on the interweb tubes. I don't care if they don't otherwise though.

28-Oct-14
That's just part of hunting. I'm not going to take an hour to wipe my deer off with baby wipes so I can take a few pictures. I'm more concerned about getting it cooled down and to the processor. If that offends someone, then don't look. People are okay seeing human blood and gore on tv or in movies, but when it's a furry creature then suddenly it's a big deal. Am I the only person who sees the hypocrisy in that?

28-Oct-14
Maybe not so important on hunting forums...but if it's going out on Social Media, I clean it up!

28-Oct-14
Trophy photo's are very important to me now. I take a comb,brush, wet naps and mirror to get the victim and me looking "dapper'! C

28-Oct-14
sometimes not all blood can be avoided. there is a line between reasonable and unreasonable as far as the amount of blood in a picture. if we are reasonable adults, we should be able to determine that. we can avoid taking, or showing, 'blood bath' pictures if we want to.

28-Oct-14
Doesn't bother me and couldn't care less about the anti-hunting crowd. But, I prefer a nice clean photo and it's not the anti hunters that we should care about. It's the rest of the people that are on the fence. Don't need to do anything to tip them the other way.

28-Oct-14
It not the Anti hunter that you should be concerned about ( although why give them gifts for thier recuitment) it is the fence sitters that can be swayed pretty easily by a gory picture and you with a big grin.

I use to spend allot of time (and precious water) cleaning up on site....not anymore...I photoshop it out....there is a guy on bowsite who will do it for free

28-Oct-14
Tacky.

28-Oct-14
I'd rather look at an animal after it's been cleaned up a bit.

I understand blood happens when you poke something with a sharp stick or a bullet. I've been elbow deep in the stuff many, many times and it doesn't bother me at all.

I've also had to pass on doing some great stories, often of hunts by fantastic people, because the kill photos are too gory. If they're for a magazine, we can usually clean things up via photo-shop. Not so for the newspaper.

28-Oct-14
Killing an animal doesn't make you a hero. Bowhunting's entire premise is based on getting maximum hemorage possible so it doesn't bother me one bit.

28-Oct-14
I grew up on a farm and have been a hunter and around hunters all my life. So I have seen life and death all my life and often times it was not pretty. Saying that I try and clean up my photos, because I prefer them that way. I know I do not always get them as clean as I would prefer. I guess a part of me believes that shows respect for the animal. It does not really bother me if others donot clean up their photos. I do worry about the image it gives to nonhunters.

28-Oct-14
true the tongue hanging out is a killer for me ! I usually just chew it off ! My pics are not for non hunters to look at. Folks on the fence don't need to see a dead critter no matter how clean u make it . Ive shown non hunters these type pics and fist thing they say is it still alive !!! it freaks them out . Ive shown folks kill pics with blood and there remarks are more positive , usually like ohhh wow a arrow can kill a bear How many arrows does it take , u aim for the chest !So right away these non hunters see the animal as being dead and accept it dead and ask more question s about bow hunting !! I lived in NYC in a hi rise building many knew I hunted I never got any negative feedback only curious type questions . I once had two ladies in the elevator ask if I eat what I catch , I smiled and said I always eat what I catch !!!!!! louis

28-Oct-14
I like to clean my stuff up if possible. A little blood doesn't bother me.

I cherish my pictures as much or more than my animal mounts. And I've told my wife that at my funeral, I want a slideshow of pictures of my life, the important things. . . kids, future grandkids, family, friends, and hunting

Bake

28-Oct-14

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo
Is it September yet?

30-Oct-14

nijimasu's embedded Photo
nijimasu's embedded Photo
Same hunter, same deer. Which would you rather look at? which would you rather show to most people? Which would you rather pass on to the future hunters in your family? Personally, I'll take the time to snap a good photo if I have it.

30-Oct-14
Very well put nijimasu: I agree that a little effort to clean up a photo to the extent feasible is well worth it.

I feel that posing the next morning for the benefit of the camera and risking losing the meat is irresponsible, but taking a few extra minutes to make the best photo possible is time well spent IMO.

30-Oct-14
I like both

30-Oct-14
I believe the general Public, would appreciate a clean well posed photograph. I have even taken a couple of deer kill pics after I slid a pair of taxidermy glass eyes over the real ones just to get rid of the "dead eye" reflection.

30-Oct-14
I take three types of photos, usually first photo is they way I found the animal as it lay with a focus on entry or exit wound and sometimes take photos of the blood trail. I like looking at this one the most and show this to my bow hunting buddies and we talk shot placement. Then I take a photo of the vital organs after field dressing to show broad head damage and compare that to the first photo, this photo again is for me and my bow hunting buddies to talk shot placement. Then, after I get the animal home, I will clean it up a bit and get a photo with me and my girls and my bow next to the deer. This photo is what I put in the interwebtubeface and share with the non-hunting or non-bow hunting folks.

31-Oct-14

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Like these?

31-Oct-14
I think if the photo is used for display (in home or office) it makes a difference. If its private or just showing buddies on forums...who cares.

JMHO

31-Oct-14
Cityhunter: How did you get that pronghorn to swallow a grenade? :)

• Sitka Gear