DWarcher 05-Nov-14
Jaquomo 05-Nov-14
Db1 05-Nov-14
Drnaln 06-Nov-14
CD 06-Nov-14
XMan 06-Nov-14
BOWNBIRDHNTR 07-Nov-14
28-Oct-14
With all the great hunt reports on here mine will probably be kind of boring but here goes! A friend of mine & I were lucky enough to draw archery tags in Nevada this year. John & I drew the same unit back in 2008 and had a great time. John shot a 4 x 4 that was 27 inches wide & I arrowed a 8 x 5 that was narrow but grossed over 188! We went over in early August to scout & came away kind of disappointed on the number & quality of bucks we saw! John is 70 years old & he thought about turning his tag back & going fly fishing instead of fighting the heat & dust! I had no other hunts planned this year so even if he wasn't going with, I was hunting Nevada this year! David

28-Oct-14

Drnaln's embedded Photo
Drnaln's embedded Photo
My 2008 buck!

28-Oct-14

28-Oct-14
not sure what you are asking us

28-Oct-14
When it came down to "Crunch Time" John decided to go hunting As long as I wouldn't keep him there over 10 days! I promised & we headed out with trailer in tow on August 7th. John just wanted a decent buck but with only 1 hunt in 2014, I was probably going to be a bit picky?

28-Oct-14
City, With all the DIY / Solo discussions going on lately, I was hoping guys can decide if this hunt qualifies for DIY!

28-Oct-14
We scouted another couple days but still couldn't find any bucks that got me excited but John saw 1/2 a dozen that were good enough for him so he was happy. We ruined a tire the evening before the opener so with no extra spare the 1rst day was spent not getting too far from decent roads. John got after a decent buck that morning but couldn't get it done so the afternoon was spent getting new tires on the truck.

28-Oct-14

Drnaln's embedded Photo
Drnaln's embedded Photo
Lots of rainbows.

28-Oct-14
who cares if its diy? if you enjoyed it please share and let us see your thread without all the fish biting the stupid diy bait. By the way your 2008 is a great buck! thanks for sharing that.

28-Oct-14
We kept chasing bucks around & John would get close but couldn't ever finish. I could tell he was getting more disappointed each day but he kept getting up in the morning to try it again. Day 10 went by & then day 16 & on day 18 after another stalk gone bad he needed a ride home! So on August 27th we headed back to California with tails tucked between are legs! I left my camp trailer & Ranger there so I would have to go back to try again. My wife calls me Stubborn but I think Persistent is a better description.

28-Oct-14

Drnaln's embedded Photo
Drnaln's embedded Photo
Nevada has great sunrises!

28-Oct-14
After spending 2 days at home taking care of things it was time to head back to Nevada to go hunting or just gather stuff up to take back home. My wife wasn't too happy with me being in the middle of Nevada alone so she made me borrow a Sat Phone & came up with 2 good hunting partners to keep an eye on me! So on the 30th the 3 of us headed out what I thought was going to be a DIY type hunt!

28-Oct-14
awesome buck

28-Oct-14

Drnaln's embedded Photo
Drnaln's embedded Photo
My hunting partners! Neither could cook but both loved to listen at the end of the day! Does having dogs with mess it up for DIY?

28-Oct-14
On the morning of August 31rst, my 1rst day back, I glassed up a buck that really got my blood pumping! In all the scouting days & the 18 days John was there we never saw this buck or anything quite like him! Now the hunt was on & I couldn't wait to tell my buddies back at camp!

28-Oct-14

Drnaln's embedded Photo
Drnaln's embedded Photo
Nevada sunsets are the best!

28-Oct-14
Keep it coming.

I like friends like that. They are always glad to see you :)

28-Oct-14
nice pics sounds like a great hunt! Those two are the best hunting partners

28-Oct-14
The big buck was in the process of stripping his velvet & after he bedded down I made a big circle to get the wind right but after 6 hours I came up empty! I found him the next day in exactly the same place & knowing the mountain a bit better decided to try again but with a different approach. 3 hours later I spotted a big buck at 100 yards & with a perfect wind things were looking good! I dropped my pack & shed my shoes and slipped in on the big mule deer. He had laid down & 2 hours later I was within 25 yards of the bedded buck! I learned right away that 2 pairs of socks is no match for the Nevada desert & my feet were killing me. After crouching there for 2 more hours the buck stood up & I drew back but something wasn't right. The buck in front of me was a solid 28 inches wide that would score high 170's but only a 4 x 3 and the buck I went after was much bigger. With the 20 yard pin settled on him I made the decision to let down! It was not any easy decision to make!

28-Oct-14
Back at camp that night my 2 partners listened to my story over hot dogs & they both agreed I was a complete idiot! Can't eat the antlers is what I gathered they said! Hard to find good hunting companions anymore!

28-Oct-14
Day 3 of the return trip didn't turn up the big buck & now I was really 2nd guessing my decision to not shoot the big 4 x 3! Counting hunting, scouting, & travel days I had a month of my life invested in this hunt & probably should have touched the release. Got an "I Told You So" from the "Mutts" over dinner that night!

28-Oct-14
I couldn't locate the buck on day 4 so I decided to move a bit & I found him in the afternoon about a mile from where I'd seen him before! He was bedded & in a decent place for a stalk so I pointed the Ranger to where I needed to start after him. I spent the entire afternoon getting to within 200 yards of him & then another buck, a new 4 x 3, got up to feed between the big buck & me. An hour later the 2 bucks got together & after some laid back ears & some circling of each other they started feeding. The big buck had been alone before & I didn't like the idea of 2 sets of eyes or 2 noses! Finally the 4 x 3 went over a ridge & the big guy laid down behind a rim rock giving me a great chance to close in. I shed the shoes again, with 3 pair of socks, & closed the gap to 90 yards. I thought the smaller buck had left but he was still bedded there & looking right down the hill where I needed to go! Nothing I could do but lay there & wait til he moved or it got dark! Dam!

28-Oct-14
This is a great story. But I don't know about the picture of your hunting partners. It looks like an ear is drooping!

Please keep it coming.

28-Oct-14
After it got dark I backed off & headed back to the Ranger. I had been charging my phone & forgot to turn the key off so the battery was completely dead. I called my wife on the borrowed Sat Phone & told her I had a 5 mile walk in the dark back to camp! After a lecture about being more careful I took off on my 5 mile trip back to the trailer. The dogs hated having dinner late so I got my ass chewed by everyone that night! The next morning I glassed from the truck but couldn't turn up the buck so I got the truck within a mile of the Ranger. Removing the battery & packing it into jump start the Ranger was quite an ordeal for an old, fat 61 year old!

28-Oct-14
DIY, Dog It Yourself?

28-Oct-14
I left the truck on the mountain for the next couple days & used the Ranger to get around! The buck was almost completely stripped now & I could see he was a 6 x 5 so 65 seem like the perfect name! I stalked him on day 5 to inside of 100 yards but a young 2 point decided to come check me out & I had to back off! Day 6 I found 65 & the 4 x 3,they were always together now bedded in a place that was impossible to get on him. I decided a new approach was needed so at 10 AM I got 150 yards above the bucks & decided to wait them out. They had been feeding uphill every evening so I sat on the hardest rock in the state of Nevada until dark without seeing a deer. Plenty of ants but no deer!

28-Oct-14
I found both bucks the morning but they were in a poor place & the wind was wrong so I decided it was time to get the truck back to camp. If it rained I would never make it off the hill so I headed back to camp with the Ranger. I believe in was only in the mid 80's & I had a 5 mile walk all up hill to retrieve the truck! The walk didn't go that bad but when I got to the G.M.C. I found out it was locked & I had left the keys at camp! Back down the hill I went & after a mile I remembered I had put a "Hide Out" key under the truck a few months back. Back to the truck I go & after crawling around under it I finally found the key! I opened up the door & the alarm sounded because it wasn't a chip key! Finally got crap shut off & called home knowing another ass chewing was on it's way from the wife! Maybe your too old to be there alone she kept saying! I just told her to teach the "Mutts" to drive!

28-Oct-14
This is a fantastic story! Keep it coming! My you have some determination! And an understanding wife.

28-Oct-14
I was starting to feel the pressure of the season ending & was still think about the buck I let walk. I thought about looking for a different, easier buck but I just couldn't give up on 65. I found the bucks again & went in after him but 100 yards was as close as I could get again. I was trying to be careful & not let him smell me & I hadn't seen him really spooked just yet! I decided to back off & call it an early day to go to talk for water, food & gas. The "Kids" & I drove in to town to do our shopping & I made a few phone calls to get back in touch with things! With water back in camp & a long needed shower I woke up on August 8th with a great attitude! With the season closing on the 9th I knew I had to be more aggressive if I could locate 65 again. The truth is I was a little worried about the taste of tag soup on another hunt!

28-Oct-14
Day 9 of my DIY Solo with dogs hunt is one I will never forget! I couldn't find a buck that morning & my eyes burned from being behind the tripod mounted 15's from just before daylight! Nothing!!! Dam, Should I move? Pressure? How much are Golf Clubs?? Then the 4 x 3 was spotted & after picking the high sage apart 65's antlers showed up! Perfect place for a stalk! Perfect wind! Excitement level off the charts! As I was gathering up my pack to leave the bucks started feeding to the West & now all I could do was watch AGAIN! After an hour they both bedded down & I made my move towards them. After 2 hours I was inside of 150 yards & dropped my pack & shed the shoes again.I slipped on another pair of heavy socks & tucked my pant legs in them. Grabbed my GPS, 2 extra batteries & a small flashlight to continue on! I closed the distance to 80 yards & for some reason my feet didn't hurt anymore! At 70 yards both bucks got up but they weren't worried about me. A range cow & calf how got them up & now they were both feeding West again. Dam, My feet hurt now!

28-Oct-14
This is GOOD ! Bring it on !

28-Oct-14
min pins?

28-Oct-14
With the bucks feeding into the wind all was not lost but I had wait for the "Walking Meat Loafs" to get out of the way! They finally got out of the game but the bucks had moved 300 yards West & were about to go over a small finger ridge! I started moving towards the as fast as I dare stopping to glass from time to time. Just before the 4 x 3 crested over I thought I saw his antlers do something weird like he might have bedded down? I couldn't see 65 now & really didn't know if they had crested over or bedded down in a patch of high brush on the ridge top? I knew if I blew out these bucks hunting them tomorrow wouldn't matter so it was time for "Dead Slow"! Take a few steps & glass! Take a few steps & glass! Try not to think about water in my pack! Who needs Shoes? Dam, My feet hurt! 2 hours slip by & I spot an antler tine at 40 yards! It's a straight tine so it has to be the 3 point side of the 4 x 3, his right side! He's looking away! My feet don't hurt anymore! Where's 65? Cancel the Golf Clubs! I burn the little Cul de Sac of brush & then IT HAPPENS! The sun is burning my neck & nose but the shine on 65's antlers when he turns his head is something I'll never forget! He's THERE! 35 yards away laying in the Cul de Sac between me & the 4 x 3!

28-Oct-14
Great story. You better finish this tonight!

28-Oct-14
I'm hooked. You blue ball me and I'm gonna be pissed!

28-Oct-14
Ha, im with u fellas...

28-Oct-14
Everything is vivid on this stalk! Sometimes in my hunting life things have gotten blurred but not on this buck! I might forget to Zip Up in the morning but I really like the fact that my memory stayed alive for this! I instantly crouched down to make a plan! Moving further forward wasn't an option! 35 yards, I didn't want to fart! I knew I couldn't stay crouched for very long so I checked my surroundings! Big 10 inch high flat rock 3 yards to the right! Move to the rock! 30 minutes later I'm sitting on a Nevada rock that feels like my Lazy Boy! 3 hours later the rock is hard as hell & I hate ants! Not biters but when they find a hole in your shirt & all want to move there it's irritating! AND then HE's up! 65 gets up to feed or re-bed but the sun on his antlers brings me to full alert! What ants? He slowly feeds out of the Cul de Sac & moves my way head on! 25 yards, bow in hand, turn left & quarter away please! He stops quartering to me! I don't & can't move! His eyes bear down for 10,20,30 minutes & NOTHING moves! He turns his head & I think about drawing my bow! Not a chance & I know it! His great antlers jerk around to see what's on that rock! I haven't moved! He turns his head again to scratch his back with a cheater on his right antler! Testing me, I don't move & his head snaps! God, Please don't change the wind! He stares at me 1 final time & returns to the Cul de Sac to lay back down! I un-pucker my back side & think about what just happened!

28-Oct-14
Outstanding storytelling. ... Ed F

28-Oct-14
Coooome oooon !

28-Oct-14
One dog is a Jagdterrier & other is her pup! His dad was J.J. from Arrow 5 Outfitters. She was a birthday present from Jim & Tina Marie! She is 10 & O'Reilly is 8 years old! David

28-Oct-14
More!!!

28-Oct-14
I do have a wonderful wife that I probably don't deserve! When ever I leave on a hunt she always wishing me Good Luck! When ever I call home during a hunt she always wishes me Good Luck! I always tell her wish me better SKILL because LUCK never shows up for me! It's our little joke together & I'll NEVER take her Good Luck's lightly again!

28-Oct-14
This what I'm talking about! Thanks for a great recap and not a debate of your hunt. This is good.....

28-Oct-14
Well after that I don't know quite what to do & after calming down SOME I go back to my silent war on the ants! Can't get very many without moving & the ones that make it inside the clothing get a "Free Pass" but the few I do get make me feel better! I'm convinced earlier 65 saw the reflection from my eye glasses because I had a face mask on & didn't move! And then IT happens again! The sun shines on his antlers as he gets to his feet! What ants? Dam fine Lazy Boy! I can't Golf! After another HOUR he can't stand it! He has to check out the Fat Rock that just showed up! Bow in hand! Cover face with Quiver! Don't move! That includes breathing so don't breath! He heads out of the Cul de Sac again! Turn Right! Don't turn Left! He's 22 yards! Top Pin! GREEN! Don't look at the antlers! How can I draw without moving? Dam! He turns Left & slightly Quartering to me! Can't draw! He's going to come & check out this FAT Rock!

28-Oct-14
And the LUCK shows up! I'll never kid with my wife about needing luck again!

28-Oct-14
Getting bluer! And I don't like it!

28-Oct-14
I have ZERO chance at drawing on this buck! I'm in TOO tight! He know I ain't a Fat Rock! All of a sudden his head snaps around AWAY from me! I'm shocked! Only thing I can think of is he hears the 4 x 3 stand up to feed! I go on Auto Pilot Mode! The Z-7 draws back as easy as ever with my legs fully extended while sitting on a 10 inch high flat rock! You couldn't GIVE me Golf Clubs! The Top Pin settles where it needs to be! GREEN! What antlers? 65 spins his head around to look at the Fat Rock that has cost him a good nap but it's TOO LATE the arrow is on it's way & the Red & White fletchings disappear exactly where the GREEN pin settled! Luck Showed Up! His back legs kick high & he's gone!

28-Oct-14
David great job on the storytelling so far. I'm on the edge of my seat here!

28-Oct-14
I can't fathom what just happened! 40 days of my life into this hunt! A great wife that lets me do it! Ants aren't that bad! How do I get this rock into my Living Room? I go over to where 65 was standing & follow his tracks. Blood everywhere! Lots of blood! I follow for 20 yards & decide I need my shoes! I need something to drink! I need to call my wife! I mark the spot on my GPS & also take some visual landmarks & head back to my pack, a mile away! After shoes, water, Gator-Aid & a SPECIAL phone call I head back to where I sat for 4 hours on a hot Nevada day! The trail is easy to follow! Only a 100 yards & I get to touch him after all this time! I still get tears writing this! I wish my wife was here! I wish the dogs were here! Hell. I wish anyone was here!

28-Oct-14

Drnaln's embedded Photo
Drnaln's embedded Photo
As He Lay!

28-Oct-14
Getting late so I'll finish! The emotions were unreal & still are! I called my wife as soon as I found the buck & the tears hit the ground like a Nevada thunderstorm! I instantly knew that no help was showing up, Dang Mutts, so had to get some photos & deal with packing 65 out to the Ranger! I debated whether to go 6 miles to camp & get my Barney's Pack or just man up & pack him out with my X-2 pack? I decided to not leave the buck & after tripod photos I cut him in half. I strapped the front end on & after a mile I had to let it down. Marked it & went back for the back half! Got it to the Ranger & went back for all my stuff that I left where I found the deer! Got all that to the Ranger & called my wife & explained that I was dealing with major cramping & stay close to the phone! Went back for the front end & made it out just before dark! Got to camp & chugged lots of fluids & had some soup to get the cramps to stop! Got done skinning & caping at 3 AM which is past an Old, Fat Man's bed time by along ways!

28-Oct-14
Incredible, thanks for sharing!

28-Oct-14
I've shot a few good critters in my life but it's not always the biggest that mean the most to me! My Utah buck from last year was bigger than 65 but it was a guided hunt & I hope you guys vote this being a DIY Solo hunt! If my house was on fire & I could save 1 of my critters it would be this buck from Nevada! I don't usually write much about my hunts but this hunt was really special to me & I NEEDED to share it with someone! Maybe because at age 61 I don't have many hunts left? Maybe because LUCK showed up? Maybe cuz I was tested Physically & Emotionally? Anyway, Thanks for being there! David

29-Oct-14

Drnaln's embedded Photo
Drnaln's embedded Photo

29-Oct-14
That was worth it. Simply fantastic storytelling! Congrats!

29-Oct-14
Great buck and nice job with the story! Congratulations, and well done.

29-Oct-14

Drnaln's embedded Photo
Drnaln's embedded Photo

29-Oct-14

Drnaln's embedded Photo
Drnaln's embedded Photo

29-Oct-14
Best story all year. Congratulations!

29-Oct-14
Good photos are tough for me with a self timer & I was pretty excited & beat down from this hunt! I always worry that what's in my mind won't come out on print the right way! I hope everyone on here can feel like I did on that hot Nevada day on their hunts! David

29-Oct-14
Great buck. Great story!!

29-Oct-14
Drnaln's, quite excellent and thank you for sharing your hunt with us! What a fantastic buck as well!

29-Oct-14
That was an awesome read. Way to go!

29-Oct-14
Awesome writing and story -felt like I was right there with you!!! Thanks so much for sharing

29-Oct-14
Excellent pictures to go with an outstanding account ! Really enjoyed this one. Great buck too!

29-Oct-14
Thanks to ALL of you for letting me share! I'm kind of a private person most of the time but really wanted to share this hunt with you guys! I see a couple typing errors but felt the pressure to finish tonight! No one likes Blue Balls! LOL David

29-Oct-14
GREAT FREAKIN' STORY!

You're right, screw golf clubs. What an outstanding buck.

29-Oct-14
Outstanding!! Beautiful buck and great recap.

Oh, and as long as the dogs were not trained by someone else to flag you in for the stalk it is DIY in my book:)

29-Oct-14
Great story! Great story tellin' too!!

Congrats on a well earned buck.

29-Oct-14
I've always enjoyed your stories David but this tops them all. Well done

29-Oct-14
Beautiful buck! Great storytelling! Phenomenal persistence! You are a stud.

Something tells me that Nevada and California bucks are going to have to keep worrying about "fat rocks" for quite some time yet. Seems like you've got lots of hunt in you to last. Leave golf for your late eighties.

Congratulations. Well earned, well recounted.

29-Oct-14
Well I finished the reading first thing this morning before work. Well worth the read. Great story and great buck. Memories to last a lifetime for sure. Congratulations.

29-Oct-14
Great looking buck and story.

What kind of dogs are those? I have a mutt that looks just like them.

29-Oct-14
Great story and fantastic buck! Congrats!

29-Oct-14
Helluva story it was like we were with you all the way

29-Oct-14
I went to bed last night and this story wasn't finished. I woke up this morning and logged on right away hoping it was.

Nice job 61! Patience, persistence, perseverance.

I think this could be the most well written story I've read here on Bowsite... and I've read lots!!

Congratulations man and thanks for sharing. Give those mutts a scratch and a piece of mulie steak for me will ya. :-) Aw what the heck... give the wife a scratch too. lol

29-Oct-14
fantastic story and deer!

29-Oct-14
Congratulations on a great hunt & buck!

... thanks for taking us along!!!

29-Oct-14
Awesome. Your story is what its all about, man. U dont have to hope ANYBODY will consider it DIY or anything else. Its obvious that you got exactly what a fella could hope for and more outta this deal and none of it can be taken from you. You busted your butt and u werent just rewarded with a great experience and a helluva story, but a caliber of buck that most ppl will never get to see let alone harvest. Ur a blessed man on the home front and you realize it, thats another great thing you got goin for ya too!!! Congrats

29-Oct-14
Congrats on a nice buck ! Thankyou for sharing a great hunt adventure !

29-Oct-14
Great story! I can feel your excitement in your writing and it was well over a month ago you got the buck!

29-Oct-14
Wow! Truly excellent story-telling/writing. I felt like I was watching over your shoulder. Thanks for taking the time to share and congrats

29-Oct-14
I actually like the spin you put on the story. A guy earlier said "best this year", and I would have to say it ranks up there with the all-time greats for me. Very, very well done! Very nice buck of course too.

Btw, a) you are definitely not lacking in the skill arena; b) you take pretty good photos with that self timer, way better than me.

29-Oct-14
Congrats on a great buck!!

Thanks for the well written story!

29-Oct-14
Terrific account of the hunt and beautiful buck!

Thanks for sharing it so well.

29-Oct-14
That was great Thanks for posting. Congrats on a wonderful buck. HUNT

29-Oct-14
I can't stand pasture pool myself.

Great story, I am so glad I waited till today to read the whole story. No blue balls here.

Congrats on a great hunt, great buck and great story.

DIY all the way, in my book!

29-Oct-14
Best thread of the year! Congrats on an amazing buck and an even better story! Thanks for sharing!

29-Oct-14
Simply fantastic!!! Awesome story!! Thank for sharing!

29-Oct-14
Damn fine story!

And that buck, as good as it gets.

Very well played.

29-Oct-14
Great story and great deer,congrats!

29-Oct-14
Loved your Story David, kept me thoroughly entertained!

And man, what a buck! A big Congrats!

Best of Luck, Jeff

29-Oct-14
Thanks for all the kind words! The title of the thread wasn't meant in a bad way but I was hoping to put a bit of humor in my post! Thanks to cityhunter & trykslr for commenting early & keeping me focused on telling my story! Some Bowsite threads have went "South" lately & I've even made a couple comments that I wish were never posted! I made a comment about Blacktail Bob, a true archery gentleman, that I will forever regret. The great thing about Bowsite is even after some negative crap, everyone gets back on track & we can enjoy each others hunts! Take care & always "Watch the Wind"! David

29-Oct-14
Awesome buck!! Great write up, thanks for sharing. Congratulations!

29-Oct-14
Thanks for sharing your story! Glad I found this thread after you were done telling the story or I might have typed some words I would regret.

29-Oct-14
Congratulations. ... WOW.... Ed F

29-Oct-14
Congratulations. ... WOW.... Ed F

29-Oct-14
I'm with shooter, best story all year ! My hat is off to you, your persistence, your patience, your skill, and your LUCK ! You put in your time on this one !

29-Oct-14
Outstanding buck and story! Thanks!

29-Oct-14
I am curious as to why you say he is a 6x5? The buck looks almost perfectly symmetrical to me. Did I miss something?

29-Oct-14
Corey, He has a 4 inch cheater coming off his right G-2 that's hard to see in the photos! You can see it best in the As He Lay photo! Still had velvet on it! David

29-Oct-14
I see it now in your "As He Lay" pic. At first glance I thought that was still just some of the velvet unraveling.

29-Oct-14
great read it was like i was hunting that 65 buck congrats ON the DIY

29-Oct-14
I thought it was a 6x6. Thought i saw 6 on both sides

29-Oct-14
A fitting buck for an awesome story.

I'm surprised Randy Ulmer didn't shoot that deer when he was in velvet - he's huge.

29-Oct-14
I don't think he is counting those little eye guards. The buck is 6x5 without.

29-Oct-14
Randy only shoots Big Bucks! LOL A few guys have asked about score & spread but I didn't know how most guys on here felt? Sometimes posting scores go bad! After skinning the 2 halves of the buck on the 8th & driving home on the 9th, I weighed the deer at the meat locker on the 10th. The 2 pieces weighed 159 pounds so with hide, head, legs & antlers he was quite a pack even in 2 pieces! Don't ask why I packed out the legs, I guess I wasn't thinking clear! David

29-Oct-14
Great story and congrats on a great and well earned trophy.

29-Oct-14
"DIY Not Sure?????"

this is as DIY as it gets!

Congradulations!!!

>>>>------>

29-Oct-14
JuliusK asked about the dogs. The female is a 10 1/2 year old Jagdterrier that was a gift from Jim & Tina Marie when I worked at Arrow 5 Outfitters. O'Reilly, yes after Bill, is her pup & his dad was Jim's best tracking dog J.J; a Parson's Terrier/Fox Terrier mix! He is 8 1/2 years old & he's kind of sensitive so we let him think he's all Jagdterrier! LOL David

29-Oct-14
Excellent read and beautiful buck. Well done David, thanks for taking us along.

29-Oct-14
Great story!

29-Oct-14
Awesome buck and even better story! Like you, I shot my best buck in 2013. 2014 brought a completely different hunt in a different area with a very similar ending, a trophy, not as big as 2013, but a trophy for the experience.

Congratulations!

29-Oct-14
Fabulous, and just the inspiration I have been needing!

30-Oct-14
What a tremendous read. I was with you in every post you made and I wanted more. It was kinda sad when it ended but it was the perfect ending. I don't know how you could ever top this hunt. Great perseverance. Congrats on a tremendous hunt and thanks for sharing it with us.

30-Oct-14
Thanks! 65 was a really tough buck for me to judge! The main-beams really fooled me even after watching him for all that time. He was a shooter from the 1rst second I saw him but I pride myself on being a pretty good field judge on deer!

He ended up with an Outside Spread of 29 1/2 inches & a Gross score of 206 even. He will go into P & Y as a Non-Typical at 201 2/8's Net!

My 2013 Utah buck had a Gross score of 206 6/8's & he went into P & Y as a Typical at 200 2/8's Net! He was entered with the velvet on! I'm truly blessed with these 2 bucks in back to back years! David

30-Oct-14
Wow, and I almost skipped over this thread... Awesome buck and an even better story! Congratulations and thank you !

03-Nov-14
Holy Cow! Nice buck David!! Great story on one heck of a buck!

05-Nov-14
Better late than never. This was a great read. Hope the dogs got a little fur time once you got back to camp. Congrats!

05-Nov-14
Absolutely excellent!

05-Nov-14
WOW thanks for sharing.

05-Nov-14
Great Buck and better story! Congrats.

05-Nov-14
Outstanding buck and write-up David!

05-Nov-14
David, I don't know what that weird insert is into my post above with the Bowhunter tv link and plug in, but I didn't put it there and can't edit it out?

Congratulations again on a very fine buck and story!

05-Nov-14
I skipped this thread a few times. But boy am I glad that I took a look.

David, amazing buck and one of the best hunt stories i've read. Congrats!!

06-Nov-14
Thanks everyone! I've been blessed with a lot of great hunting adventures in my life but this Mule Deer hunt in Nevada was my best ever! Needed to share it & Thanks for listening! David

06-Nov-14
Awesome!!!! Thanks so much for sharing! And a BIG Congratulations!!!

06-Nov-14
David,

Congratulations on an incredible mule, I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of your hunt and felt like I was there as you sat on that rock hoping to get a shot. Very happy for you and wish you many more successful hunts so we all get to read about them again.

XMan

07-Nov-14
I just came across this thread this morning. As far as I'm concerned you can call the hunt, deer and story whatever you want as long as it starts with "FANTASTIC, INCREDIBLE or TERRIFIC"!

Congratulations to you in every aspect.

• Sitka Gear