Whitetail Deer
Contributors to this thread:
GVS 29-Oct-14
Buffalo1 29-Oct-14
bo hntr9 29-Oct-14
r-man 30-Oct-14
GVS 30-Oct-14
29-Oct-14
I am in the market for a lime spreader. I have an 8N so I can put it on the 3 pt hitch. I see King Kutter and Northern sell fertilizer spreaders that are reasonable but I was wondering if those would work with lime if I was to make some modifications. I don't know about the King Kutter but the one from Northern it looks like you can ad something to the to of the agitator impeller easy enough. Perhaps that would do it, i don't know. Anyone have any experiece or have a better suggestion for me. I really don't want to spend $2000 for one.

29-Oct-14
How many acres are you trying to lime?

Do you have easy access to the property that you want to lime?

29-Oct-14
Regular ag lime does not spread well from this type spreader. It tends to cake up and bridge over. I was able to spread 6 tons with this type spreader which had an agitator. Had to frequently poke at it with a wooden pole to get it to feed. Pelletized lime will spread better, but is much more expensive. Good luck.

30-Oct-14
pelletized only, powdered has to be from drop spreader and they are rediculous in price.

30-Oct-14
I am doing this on my property on three different spots for a total of about two acres so it not just too big of area. I guess I will just have to use the pellitized but may have to try and invent something to make the powdered feed better.

• Sitka Gear